Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I do my share of Bkool bashing on their Facebook page and elsewhere. But on the other hand, I also defend them in the same places, if people come with unwarranted accusations and errors not caused by the their software and/or hardware.

We all know the Bkool system (both hardware and software) is a bit fragile compared to some of the other systems, and requires a bit more knowledge to get working 99% of the time. We could rant for hours (and we do) about the mistakes, errors, stupidities etc. of the system, but in the end, it is still the only system offering the complete package for a "cheaper than chips price", that is real-world routes in video, 3D or 2D, rather simple to setup leagues and participating in them, structured workouts etc.

I do Zwift as well (on my Elite Direto) and of course the graphics are better, the software stability way better, but I still like Bkool better for racing because of the variety of routes and the majority of users using the same Bkool hardware, which SHOULD level the playing field in races.

What does "FAO" mean?

Forgive me Brusgaard, it’s not you - Its me, I don’t suffer fools easily. Nor do I do moral arrogance..

From now on I’ll try not to rock the boat..

:reading:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I DID find a £1 coin yesterday^_^ gave it to my son. Now I just have to get it back:evil: wish me luck ( or not) :B)
Lol good luck with that bob :laugh:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Forgive me Brusgaard, it’s not you - Its me, I don’t suffer fools easily. Nor do I do moral arrogance..

From now on I’ll try not to rock the boat..

:reading:

I’m sorry Jim, I don’t recall doing anything of the sorts regarding one of your posts on their FB page? Please enlighten me!

My little rant about not bashing them, when you get their services for (almost) free is of course my opinion. You are free to do whatever you want. I would just have a bad taste in my mouth complaining publicy about it, if I’m doing the cheaper than chips sub.

I’m happy paying them €4.99 a month for the services provided, and can easily live with the little quirks here and there. But of course I also feel the urge to complain now and then, if they are too slow/unwilling to fix errors or send out the prizes you win in their challenges.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
From September I was on monthly £7-99 subs and at that price was happy to complain if I didn't think I was getting value for money. After I cancelled my subs and they offered me half price annual subs I felt nice and happy that I got a cheaper platform to ride on. But it was their choice to offer me that deal so if i still feel at any stage I'm not getting value for money, or Bkool introduce bugs that stop us from using the software properly, I will still complain to them.

Hopefully the period of stability we are getting now, and leagues updating quickly, is a good sign of things to come. Long may it last :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m sorry Jim, I don’t recall doing anything of the sorts regarding one of your posts on their FB page? Please enlighten me!

My little rant about not bashing them, when you get their services for (almost) free is of course my opinion. You are free to do whatever you want. I would just have a bad taste in my mouth complaining publicy about it, if I’m doing the cheaper than chips sub.

I’m happy paying them €4.99 a month for the services provided, and can easily live with the little quirks here and there. But of course I also feel the urge to complain now and then, if they are too slow/unwilling to fix errors or send out the prizes you win in their challenges.

Don’t let the irony of why you can get BKOOL at such a cheap price permanently be lost on you. It’s because they are completely incompetent and their systems are generally flawed.

Whorty

My time from yesterday is still not reflected in the rankings for stage 2, but I don’t know if it’s Bkool’s fault or just slow league admins. Oh well, better go rant on their facebook page just to be sure. :tongue:
If I was you I'd rant on their Facebook page ..... about how the admins don't always check that rides need to be approved :whistle: Released now ... :okay:

Whorty

The software, especially for pro users into racing, really should be able to sell itself. As a non pro user I am happy to bag the cheap as chips deal so I can ride some Pyrenees mountains.
I'm not feeling hard done by using the Kickr. Clearly I'm never going to be competitive at the business end of the races, I could always use the Pro if I really wanted that. But if it's decent, varied rides and not racing then at that price it's hard to say no. And then there is the handicap race on Tuesdays where the Kickr/Neo disadvantage lets us go off first (ish) and have a jolly good race :okay:

Top Bottom