Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
that was a red wine punishment ride

i think my training plan has been wrong for a 3 stage race
im fekked

Del C

Veteran
Clean clothes. Sorry I wasn't riding naked just worn out. Left warm up washed my outfit and back,
@Del C every time I tried to gain you pulled away further. It felt like you were watching and making me exert my self for no reason.
Could see you about a minute back, then you closed a bit then dropped back a bit.

I was just trying to keep an even pace. That will be a tough stage for the NC!

JLaw

Veteran
It will be for the latest intel chipset design fault allowing hacking of virtually all processors going back to late1990's. Eeek!
Yup. My first comment when I was first made aware of the problem was that essentially all the performance tricks since the mid 90s are going to become attack points. This is just the beginning -- I suspect we're going to see a variety of similar issues come to the forefront over the next year or two.

The sad part is I'd just dug out of the hole created when I had to deal with another security issue last spring/summer when this one got dropped into my lap.

JLaw

Veteran
Yes, much harder. As you got to me I increased power so you wouldn't shoot straight past but this left me in front still. When I dropped power you would come past me. I would increase (clearly too much) and then shoot past you.

I think the problem is on the Pro a 'softer' pedal reduces watts and speed but not instantly and not by much. But with the Kickr as soon as I soft pedal the watts drop instantly (or increase instantly if I put power on) and the speed follows. Drafting is going to be something to practice.

I was hoping I could hang on for a minute or two to get a free ride up to Bob, but the extra effort was putting me in the red. I oculd see Bridgy and @AAAC 76C coming through too so figured you'd want to not have me sucking your wheel with those on the chase!

And thanks for the little draft Aaac, I did try to get a little free help but it didn't last too long .... maybe next time :okay:
You know Whorty, that makes a lot of sense -- I *never* was able to get into a good groove drafting in bkool with my kickr. Good luck with it.

I believe you're the only one in the group that's gone from bkool to a kickr, any thoughts on the transition (you may have posted it and I just missed it, I don't keep as up-to-date on the main thread as the splitters thread).

bobinski

Legendary Member
I don’t see how you can draft on a non bkool trainer given pros carry speed whilst non pro’s react immediately to power changes. As soon as you ease into the draft you are off the back. You rely much more on the pro user to try and keep the non pro user to keep you there.

CXRAndy

Guru
I don’t see how you can draft on a non bkool trainer given pros carry speed whilst non pro’s react immediately to power changes. As soon as you ease into the draft you are off the back. You rely much more on the pro user to try and keep the non pro user to keep you there.

Bkool is for the Pro, nothing else.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
tried a bit of bkool last night after a week on the beer and a week with a cold - i had to bail after 4 mile
i was on the neo and couldn't keep up at any point - left for dead downhill and the up hill made no difference at all
i used the link someone put on here to get bkool for 99cent /month (thanks )so i will carry on trying here and there
the little time i was on there my effort was at 1.2 so i was trying but lungs couldn't get air and nearly threw up in a coughing fit

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
tried a bit of bkool last night after a week on the beer and a week with a cold - i had to bail after 4 mile
i was on the neo and couldn't keep up at any point - left for dead downhill and the up hill made no difference at all
i used the link someone put on here to get bkool for 99cent /month (thanks )so i will carry on trying here and there
the little time i was on there my effort was at 1.2 so i was trying but lungs couldn't get air and nearly threw up in a coughing fit

xx(:headshake:

bobinski

Legendary Member

1.2 suggests a huge effort there Lee. Best to ease yourself back in.

Top Bottom