Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Edit. No one expects the Spanish Substitution. End of topic, honest.
:rofl::notworthy::rofl::notworthy:You owe me a keyboard :okay:

LBHIFI

Veteran
:rofl::notworthy::rofl::notworthy:You owe me a keyboard :okay:
Randy, give him this one :-)

upload_2018-2-18_19-14-35.png

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Just caught up on all of last night's posts.

Had to add my respects to @AAAC 76C for this, although much less respect for the random arrangement of his initials. I agree, it should clearly be AACA 76C! :laugh:

I'm only a single stent chap myself. I had a letter-box narrowing in one artery, bizarrely picked up through a bicycle test in an annual health check, where I and the doctor were having fun getting me to push harder.

I came back from a holiday to a letter asking me to seek a referral to a cardiologist. I was riding really well at the time, going out with the evening chain gang and smashing some really good times. So, the cardiologist thought the result must be an error as I was totally asymptomatic.

He sent me for a Cat Scan as a precaution, found a narrowing and then changed his advice from "carry on doing what you're doing" almost to "stop doing anything"!

The letter box narrowing was interesting! I had an angiogram and there was no pressure difference either side of the narrowing, so they stopped the procedure. They called me a week later and said it was a letter box narrowing and they would normally just leave me under observation, but as I cycled a lot they recommended the stent as a 'precaution'. Note: try explaining that lot to a travel insurance company! They just hear stent and charge you more!!

Anyhow, the point of all that is my single, precautionary, asymptomatic stent pales into nothing against a three stent operation to cure angina. If you can ride like you do after that, then that is fecking fantastic.............. either that or somebody fitted a @Whorty style motor into your heart when they finished your procedure!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Looking back I was kind of lucky to get diagnosed as well.
I knew something was wrong but had to convince the doctors.
I finally had a ECG that gave some decent result I can't believe how quick I was in having and angiogram and then a week later stents.
They did give my blockages any fancy names, just said they were feked.
Anyway it was like an instant fix other than taking it easy for a few days on account of the hole they put in your femoral artery.
Would have been a good time for a scroat tat though I was sporting a very bald look for the op.

I never bother getting cover for it on my travel insurance because I don't think my heart will give me problems and if it does I don't care how much my wife has to pay to fix it.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve just watched the first stage back again with AC/DC playing in the background and it’s got me quite pumped. I think it’s about time I organised myself a turbo specific playlist.

I’m pretty clueless about optimum tyre pressure and all that malarkey. But thumping tunes have got to be worth an extra 30watts at least!

Top Bottom