Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m not sure how many of you guys are signed up to bigringvr but what with BKOOL’s latest problem I’m going to start a goats league over there. It’s another subscription which might be a sticking point (£7 a month or something) and it’s video rather than 3D. I should add though it’s very very nice video. Because it’s not 3D it’s probably more chasing times for motivation rather than photo finish balls out racing. But it should be fun.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Any Bkooler's going to have a go at the UK national championship on Zwift? it's 10.30on Saturday. ^_^ .Don't forget to unplug and repower your Bkool after you've logged into Zwift . This will help with a pleasant experience. Expect 1.5-2hr race, 3 climbs of around 8mins each-Volcano course

Currently there are 190 competitors taking part, expect alot more by Saturday morning :biggrin:
Afraid not - I have too many jobs to catch up on this weekend. If I do get a chance I'll see if I can look in and see how you're getting on.

Whorty

I’m not sure how many of you guys are signed up to bigringvr but what with BKOOL’s latest problem I’m going to start a goats league over there. It’s another subscription which might be a sticking point (£7 a month or something) and it’s video rather than 3D. I should add though it’s very very nice video. Because it’s not 3D it’s probably more chasing times for motivation rather than photo finish balls out racing. But it should be fun.
i'm on but not many 'flat' style rides, seems to be mostly big climbs that I can't get anywhere near to finishing on my Kickr :B) I'm using it for climbing training ahead of the DD

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
i'm on but not many 'flat' style rides, seems to be mostly big climbs that I can't get anywhere near to finishing on my Kickr :B) I'm using it for climbing training ahead of the DD

Whorty you can change the realism in settings I think. If you keep on trying to get up the same hill you will get there in the end! I nearly died going up Highgate hill the first time I tried in real life. That might sound like an exaggeration but I genuinely thought I was in trouble at the time :laugh:

Whorty

Whorty you can change the realism in settings I think. If you keep on trying to get up the same hill you will get there in the end! I nearly died going up Highgate hill the first time I tried in real life. That might sound like an exaggeration but I genuinely thought I was in trouble at the time :laugh:
Yep, I've had to knock the realism down to 70% Part of the problem is also that the belt slips if the gradient is too high and I lose momentum but at 70% I only get slippage when the gradient hits 17% :sweat:

Add me to the sheet and I'll have a go, so long as I'm allowed to have my realism at 70% (maybe need a column in the spreadsheet to record the riders realism as others may need to reduce theirs too)

Last edited:

Whorty

I was warming up for the CG the only time i use it it doesn't work.
I was setting up a Zwift training session else I would have joined you. First time I've used the kickr on Zwift and set a few PBs ...... so I don't think the Pro was over generous on Zwift. May try and join a Zwift race in the next week or so and see how I get on in B category.

CXRAndy

Guru
Part of the problem is also that the belt slips if the gradient is too high and I lose momentum but at 70% I only get slippage when the gradient hits 17% :sweat:

you need to increase the tension a little more Carl . That or the belt has the wrong tooth profile so doesn't sit properly on the pulley s

Whorty

you need to increase the tension a little more Carl . That or the belt has the wrong tooth profile so doesn't sit properly on the pulley s
I bought the exact same belt as recommended by others on the net so that should be OK, but that's not to say it's not a faulty belt I suppose. It is quite tight, but when I over-tightened it I buggered up the tightening screw so a bit nervous about going too tight again. It's OK up to about 9 or 10% so long as I keep some momentum going, but as soon as I lose any speed and I'm grinding that's when it starts to slip. Do you get no slipping at all? Have you try BRVR and the high % sections - all good for you?

CXRAndy

Guru
Do you get no slipping at all? Have you try BRVR and the high % sections - all good for you?

Never, I can accelerate hard over a 1000 Watts and no slippage at all. I can ride up Pretzel tower and go hard again perfect. I would carefully check the belt seating on the pulleys. If perfect then it's down to incorrect tension

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
I only started watching GoT at last summer and finished it all pretty quickly. For me it got better and better. Like you lap 2 beckons.
It surprised me how much I had missed first time around. Had a much better understanding of all the different family houses, but Daenerys Targaryen is still hot and Ramsey Bolton is still a dick.

CXRAndy

Guru

Just change the realism setting. Because the Kickr is reporting correct power, your speed will be correct. The adjustment just allows the gearing to fall into a range where you can maintain a decent cadence.

I can make my thighs burn in erg mode cycling at a low cadence at way below my ftp.

Get your cadence up for long climbs 90+rpm

morning everyone

seeing as there is nothing to talk about last nights CG can anyone help,
I have on my road bike Ultegra Di2 with a 11 - 25 cassette on, I would like to up to a 11 - 30, I'm reading lots of different advice as to if I have to change the derailleur aswell, seen some vids saying its ok and some advising against it. anyone done similar?:okay:

Del C

Veteran
morning everyone

seeing as there is nothing to talk about last nights CG can anyone help,
I have on my road bike Ultegra Di2 with a 11 - 25 cassette on, I would like to up to a 11 - 30, I'm reading lots of different advice as to if I have to change the derailleur aswell, seen some vids saying its ok and some advising against it. anyone done similar?:okay:
I used to run 11-25 but have moved to 11-28 and 11-32 on different bikes, without changing the derailleur.

I've not had any problems. I run compact cranks, both 50/34 and 52/36.

The bigger the cassette, the more you 'stretch' the chain and pull the derailleur forward in the extreme position of biggest front crank and biggest rear cassette, but that's not really a sensible combination to select anyway.

Top Bottom