Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I enjoyed that!

Thanks to @Whorty and @bert1971 for towing me along, although I tried to take the front ss much as I could until I fell off on the 3rd slope. Thought we rode well together until l fell back on the slopes. Hope I didn't slow you too much?

Still, an improvement for me on the last couple of weeks.
Was good @Del C, just need a bit of practice getting back in the group when we split but I so much more enjoyable in group. @Whorty :okay:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Finish on the road...

1) Aleman - Team Green - 40:59
2) Daddy Pig - Team Green - 41:12
3) Rob - Team Beige - 41:14
4) Goldwolfie - Team Beige - 41:14
5) Bert - Team Red - 41:20
6) Whorty - Team Red - 41:45
7) Peter - Team Blue - 42:01
8) Bridgy - Team Blue - 42:01
9) Bill - Team Blue - 42:01
10) Del - Team Red - 43:23
11) Lars - Team Green

So if you take it on the second rider for each team, Team Green very narrowly beat Team Beige, with Team Red and Team Blue close behind.

Not bad for a first go at the Handicap TTT.

Finish on the road...

1) Aleman - Team Green - 40:59
2) Daddy Pig - Team Green - 41:12
3) Rob - Team Beige - 41:14
4) Goldwolfie - Team Beige - 41:14
5) Bert - Team Red - 41:20
6) Whorty - Team Red - 41:45
7) Peter - Team Blue - 42:01
8) Bridgy - Team Blue - 42:01
9) Bill - Team Blue - 42:01
10) Del - Team Red - 43:23
11) Lars - Team Green

So if you take it on the second rider for each team, Team Green very narrowly beat Team Beige, with Team Red and Team Blue close behind.

Not bad for a first go at the Handicap TTT.
Cheers @gbrown was good :cheers:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool

BILL S

Guru
That was tough. Felt a bit out of my depth today in team blue TBH. No warmup for me because I was taken by surprise when the session started so I stopped pedalling. That meant I couldn't pedal after that so no warmup. Then I just really struggled to stay with the two youngsters, wishing a certain old goat were around as my personal tow truck. :tongue:
My internet crashed just as I started the test warmup so had to pass the starting to Paul. Then I just couldn't find the ride whether searching for bridgy or cyclechat. In the end I found it by searching for stouby and it was the last of the six sessions running. Looks to me like there's a problem searching using the riders name and it's probably more reliable to search using the route name, then trawling through to find the right one. Unfortunately Stouby Sejet is quite popular.

BILL S

Guru
Well I tried to restart session but i think whorty was still in the original one so ...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:laugh:

peterob

Veteran
That was tough. Felt a bit out of my depth today in team blue TBH. No warmup for me because I was taken by surprise when the session started so I stopped pedalling. That meant I couldn't pedal after that so no warmup. Then I just really struggled to stay with the two youngsters, wishing a certain old goat were around as my personal tow truck. :tongue:
My internet crashed just as I started the test warmup so had to pass the starting to Paul. Then I just couldn't find the ride whether searching for bridgy or cyclechat. In the end I found it by searching for stouby and it was the last of the six sessions running. Looks to me like there's a problem searching using the riders name and it's probably more reliable to search using the route name, then trawling through to find the right one. Unfortunately Stouby Sejet is quite popular.
It certainly didn't seem as if you were struggling tonight Bill....and our time was only slightly down on our strong duo effort of last week :bravo:

There do seem to be issues around searching for routes with usernames :cursing:

LBHIFI

Veteran
I had to use the first 5 min. of the race as warmup, but even so I was just 3 watt shy of my best ever Bkool race since I started using a power meter.

Thaks DP for trying to tow me in, but I don't think drafting works with my current setup. Even if it did, I have about a 20 sek delay from I pedal to I start moving (and reverse), so drafting is impossible.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
@rob01792 - Thanks for the tow Rob, you had to be very patient to keep me anywhere near you tonight. Can I suggest we use a shorter tow rope next time to keep me a bit nearer to you on the inclines.

I could see them closing, but just couldn't offer anything more at the end. You should have left me, as I'm sure you would have crossed the line first, but you did the honourable thing for good old Team Beige.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Well done Team Mate!! Sorry I kept dropping you, I blame a large application of Fairy Dust
I pretty much keeled over on the last hill as my hr got above 180 far too often! Good riding though and thanks for waiting... I held back for lars but not sure what happened to him after I got the go ahead from @gbrown that it was sent over the line...
Edit... second over the line...

Last edited:
Top Bottom