Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That was incredibly brave. To declare your sexuality in the warm-up for a TTT takes a lot of nerve!

Chapeau! :laugh:
:girldance:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks, it was much appreciated, I'll do the same for you one day :ph34r::ph34r: I was averaging 528 BWatts with a peak at 637 :eek: ... But at a mere 65.6Kg the flat course favored me.
Glad to at least know that you was having to work as hard as me :B)

perswe

Über Member
I missed the boat by only a few minutes as I came home just after 19.:cry: Just as well as I hadn’t read the past 100 posts or so declaring the TTT so I would have started 8 minutes past wondering what the hell was going on. Great race it seems! Sadly I will miss a TTT chase next Tuesday again :sad:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Daddy Pig, for the sake of comparison, what kind of watts did you roughly average when you tried to give me a tow?
I was at a steady 300 watt at that point.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Daddy Pig, for the sake of comparison, what kind of watts did you roughly average when you tried to give me a tow?
I was at a steady 300 watt at that point.
Hard to say as the power was on and off trying to give you a tow, from the video it looked similar. Between 150 to 400 watts... although 400 was I went back into the front. I tried to catch @Aleman at around 500 watts...

LBHIFI

Veteran
Ok, here are two sessions done in very similar conditions. First one with my pro the next one with my power meter.

Pro:
http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/6316186

Power meter:
http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/6462751

They do look very identical, with a slight advantage in the pro ride.
Hovever, I got the notion that not only is there a slight disadvantage in power output when using a power meter, but there's also a disadvantage in speed for the same power.

BTW, I will not be using this setup again in Bkool. Felt like it was not me riding and might as well have stared down on the Garmin.

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
Ok, here are two sessions done in very similar conditions. First one with my pro the next one with my power meter.

Pro:

Power meter:

Hovever, I got the notion that not only is there a slight disadvantage in power output when using a power meter, but there's also a disadvantage in speed for the same power.

BTW, I will not be using this setup again in Bkool. Felt like it was not me riding and might as well have stared down on the Garmin.
I've just taken the plunge and bought a power meter (picked up a cheap 2nd hand stages). I'm in two minds about this. On one hand I just like to go out and ride my bike without worrying about what power I'm putting out. On the other hand, I do like looking at stats and a PM will open up a whole new world for me :laugh:

I am interested in using it alongside Bkool. With all the up/down watts I've been experiencing in Bkool recently it will be good to have something that will reflect whether I am actually improving or not!

bridgy

Legendary Member
S

Pro:

Power meter:

Surprised by how similar those are - you seem to be one of the very few riders whose Bkool Pro trainer reports accurate watts! Looking at my best times on that same course, I'm showing watts of 450 average, or 5-6w/kg. This is obviously way too high, but not unusual for Bkool. (More realistic figures on Zwift are 3.6-4% w/kg)

We are the same weight, and comparing your National Champs race on Zwift with a recent race I did on Zwift of similar duration, our average watts were less than 50w apart, so we're not that different it seems, despite the huge difference on Bkool.

Basically, you and your trainer need to be sent to Bkool HQ for analysis as you seem to have somehow solved Bkool's innacuracy problems!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I've just taken the plunge and bought a power meter (picked up a cheap 2nd hand stages). I'm in two minds about this. On one hand I just like to go out and ride my bike without worrying about what power I'm putting out. On the other hand, I do like looking at stats and a PM will open up a whole new world for me :laugh:

I am interested in using it alongside Bkool. With all the up/down watts I've been experiencing in Bkool recently it will be good to have something that will reflect whether I am actually improving or not!

S

Surprised by how similar those are - you seem to be one of the very few riders whose Bkool Pro trainer reports accurate watts! Looking at my best times on that same course, I'm showing watts of 450 average, or 5-6w/kg. This is obviously way too high, but not unusual for Bkool. (More realistic figures on Zwift are 3.6-4% w/kg)

We are the same weight, and comparing your National Champs race on Zwift with a recent race I did on Zwift of similar duration, our average watts were less than 50w apart, so we're not that different it seems, despite the huge difference on Bkool.

Basically, you and your trainer need to be sent to Bkool HQ for analysis as you seem to have somehow solved Bkool's innacuracy problems!
I did a similar thing with Software platforms. I did a ride on BRVR and then did the uploaded route in Bkool. The same classic trainer was used on both rides. They were several days apart with a similar amount of rest between them and the previous rides.

The results were :huh:. The power, cadence, HR were very similar. The speed however was not. On Bkool I did the course 15 minutes quicker.

Take what you like from that. I know my classic was consistent in the power readings, high but not pro high. The power readings from the vectors was similar on both rides.

LBHIFI

Veteran

I know what you mean. For a long time a speedometer was the only thing a had on my bike. But now that I have entered the world of time trialing I felt I needed a consistant way to measure the effect of gear/position change. And of course, it is indispensable when doing structured workout plans.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I know what you mean. For a long time a speedometer was the only thing a had on my bike. But now that I have entered the world of time trialing I felt I needed a consistant way to measure the effect of gear/position change. And of course, it is indispensable when doing structured workout plans.

Odd that in a way as the most important thing in a Time Trial is speed but it is not data that we use for training (for good reason).

On a rosier note things are looking up for Team Sky in the press.

NOT.

I do wonder why that, if the allegations were correct about thier widespread use of dodgy stuff in prep for past Grand Tours, why have those that have left the team said nothing (not even in the sidelines).
The ongoing Froome case had not helped though all be it he is between a rock and a hard place.
If he stopped competing it would be like an admission of guilt in this case and immediate supposition that he had 'cheated' in the past.
Legally therefore to carry on may be a wise decision but could result in a longer ban if he cannot prove his innocence.
That said a ban is a ban and other than Team results and his age the duration is irrelevant.

Good news is that Cav is no longer making headlines for being hot headed rsther not being hard headed.

Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
Tonight's Chaingang ride is Spijkenisse. 7pm warm-up 7:10 start.
I suggest everyone find the ride by using the ride name filter and search "Spijkenisse"
In theory this should find the ride but if you can't find it then please use the rider search filter with "cyclechat"
The above should work but if it doesn't, we can try with someone else starting the race. Anyone who is happy to switch on the sunshine :sun:preferably.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Tonight's Chaingang ride is Spijkenisse. 7pm warm-up 7:10 start.
I suggest everyone find the ride by using the ride name filter and search "Spijkenisse"
In theory this should find the ride but if you can't find it then please use the rider search filter with "cyclechat"
The above should work but if it doesn't, we can try with someone else starting the race. Anyone who is happy to switch on the sunshine :sun:preferably.

Still suffering with MF so may be DNS again.
Problem isn't the MF itself more the fact it makes my chest feel tight so I might miss the onset of other problems so I don't want to risk it.
Could try a larger sports bra I suppose.

Top Bottom