Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Odd that in a way as the most important thing in a Time Trial is speed but it is not data that we use for training (for good reason).

On a rosier note things are looking up for Team Sky in the press.

NOT.

I do wonder why that if the allegations were correct about thier widespread use of dodgy stuff in prep for past Grand Tours is correct why have those that have left the team said nothing (not even in the sidelines).
The ongoing Froome case had not helped though all be it he is between a rock and a hard place.
If he stopped competing it would be like an admission of guilt in this case and immediate supposition that he had 'cheated' in the past.
Legally therefore to carry on may be a wise decision but could result in a longer ban if he cannot prove his innocence.
That said a ban is a ban and other than Team results and his age the duration is irrelevant.

Good news is that Cav is no longer making headlines for being hot headed north not being hard headed.

Wiggins’ attempt to paint himself as the victim of a conspiracy or suggesting it’s some type of personal vendetta really doesn’t sit well for me in the post Armstrong era. Too many bad memories from that time of Armstrong playing the same cards.... But. Where’s the evidence that allows the select committee to make the judgements they have? I don’t see it. Shame Sutton suggesting he bent the rules to near breaking point? Well that doesn’t make Wiggins look good, but it still doesn’t show him cheating. I do think it taints Wiggins achievements, on the road at least. Which is a shame. Sky look bad. Really bad. That whole Jiffy bag thing stinks to me. If it’s all completely innocent they’ve given there detractors a load of free ammo. And if there’s more to it then what they’re saying then they all deserve what they get.

Froome... The longer this thing rumbles on the worse it is for everyone. Can you imagine if he enters the tdf with this still hanging in the air. I don’t fully get the situation. He hasn’t been charged with anything yet so it’s bizarre. When does he get charged? Just seems really odd.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Tonight's Chaingang ride is Spijkenisse. 7pm warm-up 7:10 start.
I suggest everyone find the ride by using the ride name filter and search "Spijkenisse"
In theory this should find the ride but if you can't find it then please use the rider search filter with "cyclechat"
The above should work but if it doesn't, we can try with someone else starting the race. Anyone who is happy to switch on the sunshine :sun:preferably.

Two days ago.

https://nltimes.nl/2018/03/06/threat-sends-cops-bulletproof-vests-spijkenisse-school

BILL S

Guru
Still suffering with MF so may be DNS again.
Problem isn't the MF itself more the fact it makes my chest feel tight so I might miss the onset of other problems so I don't want to risk it.
Could try a larger sports bra I suppose.

Yeah, I was thinking of coming up with a similar excuse so I could go much quicker on Saturday, 4 days rest being much better than two.

JJRobinson

If we can get attendance up a bit, teams for next week look something like...

Team Biege - 0:00 - @rob01792 @Goldwolfie @Arkone56 @Jim Brown @berty bassett and Martyn

Team Red - 6:00 - @Del C @bert1971 @Add @Rod McG @LBHIFI @Whorty and CXRAndy (KICKR)

Team Green - 9:00 - @perswe @BaldyZ1 @Aleman @JJRobinson @keithaitch @Daddy Pig

Team Blue - 12:00 @peterob @BILL S @bridgy and @AAAC 76C

Sorry I missed out on this, snow messed up routine! Should can make it next week and maybe tonight. Cheers ^_^

Edit - Seemingly won’t make tonight, wife off out :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Wiggins’ attempt to paint himself as the victim of a conspiracy or suggesting it’s some type of personal vendetta really doesn’t sit well for me in the post Armstrong era. Too many bad memories from that time of Armstrong playing the same cards.... But. Where’s the evidence that allows the select committee to make the judgements they have? I don’t see it. Shame Sutton suggesting he bent the rules to near breaking point? Well that doesn’t make Wiggins look good, but it still doesn’t show him cheating. I do think it taints Wiggins achievements, on the road at least. Which is a shame. Sky look bad. Really bad. That whole Jiffy bag thing stinks to me. If it’s all completely innocent they’ve given there detractors a load of free ammo. And if there’s more to it then what they’re saying then they all deserve what they get.

Froome... The longer this thing rumbles on the worse it is for everyone. Can you imagine if he enters the tdf with this still hanging in the air. I don’t fully get the situation. He hasn’t been charged with anything yet so it’s bizarre. When does he get charged? Just seems really odd.

Agreed.
Re Froome-
http://inrng.com/2018/02/froome-quently-asked-questions/

At the moment it seems there is no evidence just the stench of arrogance and dishonesty. I think that having set themselves up as the epitome of decency and integrity amidst a culture of micro management and data, they (Brailsford?) feel they don't have to answer to anyone, perhaps because, if they did anything unethical other teams were doing a lot worse. That said, from an evidential point of view , a DCMS committee report relying on an unnamed whistle blower and unable to cite any hard evidence is not far off worthless.

Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
Shall I just start the ride at 7 @BILL S ? As we know it works?

I promise to try and remember to turn the weather off (I did last time, wasn't my fault etc etc!)

Good idea Paul.
I still suggest the rest of us find the ride by using the ride name filter and search "Spijkenisse"
If that doesn't work then try "bridgy".

bridgy

Legendary Member
Good idea Paul.
I still suggest the rest of us find the ride by using the ride name filter and search "Spijkenisse"
If that doesn't work then try "bridgy".
:thumbsup:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Shall I just start the ride at 7 @BILL S ? As we know it works?

I promise to try and remember to turn the weather off (I did last time, wasn't my fault etc etc!)
I'm feeling a bit down today, sore throat and the like, so definitely won't be joining the ride. HID not been good at night and we're lacking sleep so immune system taking a beating xx(

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I'm feeling a bit down today, sore throat and the like, so definitely won't be joining the ride. HID not been good at night and we're lacking sleep so immune system taking a beating xx(
I know what you mean by lack of sleep... my little one starts shouting as loud as she can at 2am, 4am and the 6 am every night... its like a fire alarm going off...

Top Bottom