Team BKool CycleChat

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by Peteaud, 30 Nov 2013.

1. TurboTommy

TurboTommy Veteran

Wiggins’ attempt to paint himself as the victim of a conspiracy or suggesting it’s some type of personal vendetta really doesn’t sit well for me in the post Armstrong era. Too many bad memories from that time of Armstrong playing the same cards.... But. Where’s the evidence that allows the select committee to make the judgements they have? I don’t see it. Shame Sutton suggesting he bent the rules to near breaking point? Well that doesn’t make Wiggins look good, but it still doesn’t show him cheating. I do think it taints Wiggins achievements, on the road at least. Which is a shame. Sky look bad. Really bad. That whole Jiffy bag thing stinks to me. If it’s all completely innocent they’ve given there detractors a load of free ammo. And if there’s more to it then what they’re saying then they all deserve what they get.

Froome... The longer this thing rumbles on the worse it is for everyone. Can you imagine if he enters the tdf with this still hanging in the air. I don’t fully get the situation. He hasn’t been charged with anything yet so it’s bizarre. When does he get charged? Just seems really odd.

2. AAAC 76C

AAAC 76C Large Member

Two days ago.

https://nltimes.nl/2018/03/06/threat-sends-cops-bulletproof-vests-spijkenisse-school

3. BILL S

BILL S Veteran

Yeah, I was thinking of coming up with a similar excuse so I could go much quicker on Saturday, 4 days rest being much better than two.

Del C and bert1971 like this.
  4. BILL S

BILL S Veteran

5. JJRobinson

JJRobinson Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed out on this, snow messed up routine! Should can make it next week and maybe tonight. Cheers ^_^

Edit - Seemingly won’t make tonight, wife off out :rolleyes:

Last edited: 8 Mar 2018
    BILL S and gbrown like this.
  6. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Agreed.
    Re Froome-
    http://inrng.com/2018/02/froome-quently-asked-questions/

At the moment it seems there is no evidence just the stench of arrogance and dishonesty. I think that having set themselves up as the epitome of decency and integrity amidst a culture of micro management and data, they (Brailsford?) feel they don't have to answer to anyone, perhaps because, if they did anything unethical other teams were doing a lot worse. That said, from an evidential point of view , a DCMS committee report relying on an unnamed whistle blower and unable to cite any hard evidence is not far off worthless.

Last edited: 8 Mar 2018
    TurboTommy likes this.
  7. bridgy

bridgy Guru

Shall I just start the ride at 7 @BILL S ? As we know it works?

I promise to try and remember to turn the weather off (I did last time, wasn't my fault etc etc!)

Whorty and BILL S like this.
  8. BILL S

BILL S Veteran

Good idea Paul.
    I still suggest the rest of us find the ride by using the ride name filter and search "Spijkenisse"
    If that doesn't work then try "bridgy".

bridgy likes this.
  9. bridgy

bridgy Guru

:thumbsup:

10. BILL S

BILL S Veteran

ATM typing in "cyclechat" finds @peterob getting in a sneaky warmup :smile:

So hopefully no problems finding the ride tonight.

Whorty and bert1971 like this.
  11. Whorty

Whorty Yes, the doctor did sign off the TUE!

I'm feeling a bit down today, sore throat and the like, so definitely won't be joining the ride. HID not been good at night and we're lacking sleep so immune system taking a beating xx(

12. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Über Member

I know what you mean by lack of sleep... my little one starts shouting as loud as she can at 2am, 4am and the 6 am every night... its like a fire alarm going off...

Randyberlin and Whorty like this.
  13. perswe

perswe Well-Known Member

Could not participate today. Apparently it is frowned upon to sneak off whilst entertaining dinner guests. At least that is what my wife tells me. She is often right but on this one I’m not entirely convinced. Who invites people on Thursdays anyway....?!

Del C, Randyberlin, Daddy Pig and 3 others like this.
  14. bert1971

bert1971 Brendan Parker

Peppa or George? :mrpig:

Daddy Pig likes this.
  15. bert1971

bert1971 Brendan Parker

Cheers for waiting @BILL S make a better ride was on my own for a while. :okay:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice