Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
My pro is giving me an embarrassment of riches compared to my classic. I had slingshots on my classic, which lasted as long as I could push the power, but not a lot else. The classic gave a slightly high reading where power was concerned but only 10-30w, compared to vectors.

The pro just gives me silly power. I am seeing 400+ watts for 200 or less on the vectors. Vectors give a number and the pro doubles it. It is just plain fu'ts.

I am with @bobinski on this. The pro he had, that I now have, is mad :wacko:. It does not lend itself to enjoyable virtual riding because it is so wrong. :banghead:
Sounds like the actual trainer is fooked - whilst the Pros give fairy dust, they're not that far out. My Pro is about 20% out compared to kickr on BSIM, and about 5-10% out on Zwift on the flatter sections (zwift hills they are pretty similar)

Can you get Bkool to dial in and try to calibrate it?

Whorty

I agree that the trainer doesn't need to match real world, so long as it gives a workout. In some ways it is actually better: in the real world I am not able to pedal fast enough to get a good workout downhill, but bkool provides this. For me the most important issue is that bkool doesn't change their algorithms, otherwise we cannot compare our efforts to rides done in the past.

I'm trying to get LEJOG finished before the clocks change, so please count me out. Blame @Jim Brown, if you wish!!
We blame Jim for a lot of things, one more reason won't make any difference :tongue:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Sounds like the actual trainer is fooked - whilst the Pros give fairy dust, they're not that far out. My Pro is about 20% out compared to kickr on BSIM, and about 5-10% out on Zwift on the flatter sections (zwift hills they are pretty similar)

Can you get Bkool to dial in and try to calibrate it?
I would but I'm trying to get the classic fixed. Once that is done l may look at getting the pro sorted. Maybe I'll give it back to my brother and get him going again.

bobinski

Legendary Member
My pro is giving me an embarrassment of riches compared to my classic. I had slingshots on my classic, which lasted as long as I could push the power, but not a lot else. The classic gave a slightly high reading where power was concerned but only 10-30w, compared to vectors.

The pro just gives me silly power. I am seeing 400+ watts for 200 or less on the vectors. Vectors give a number and the pro doubles it. It is just plain fu'ts.

I am with @bobinski on this. The pro he had, that I now have, is mad :wacko:. It does not lend itself to enjoyable virtual riding because it is so wrong. :banghead:

I remember the 400w plus for ages! I just had to remember to rest by easing the cadence and then up it again again to see a continued benefit. Madness that it was more reliable in Zwift. See if you can get them to dial in and you may then see more accurate numbers.

theboxers

I remember the 400w plus for ages! I just had to remember to rest by easing the cadence and then up it again again to see a continued benefit. Madness that it was more reliable in Zwift. See if you can get them to dial in and you may then see more accurate numbers.
I'm going to be cutting over to the kickr once I've finished the final LEJoG league. Once I'm up to speed with that, and I have the classic back up and running (assuming I can get a new stepper screw sorted), I'll get to play with the pro. I'll take its case off and see if there is anything obviously out. I'm just using it to continue to shrink myself at the moment.

Whorty

I'm going to be cutting over to the kickr once I've finished the final LEJoG league. Once I'm up to speed with that, and I have the classic back up and running (assuming I can get a new stepper screw sorted), I'll get to play with the pro. I'll take its case off and see if there is anything obviously out. I'm just using it to continue to shrink myself at the moment.
So long as the 2 hour ride feels hard and gives you a good workout, the numbers side is kind of irrelevant in many ways :okay:

theboxers

So long as the 2 hour ride feels hard and gives you a good workout, the numbers side is kind of irrelevant in many ways :okay:
I mostly just go for the time. Yes compared to what I was doing it is a workout. But a lot of the time I'm not in z4 or above. Usually z2/3. I am still trying to build endurance rather than out right power. I think that may change with the kickr. :bicycle:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I mostly just go for the time. Yes compared to what I was doing it is a workout. But a lot of the time I'm not in z4 or above. Usually z2/3. I am still trying to build endurance rather than out right power. I think that may change with the kickr. :bicycle:

Time to mix it up:okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
So I'm thinking tomorrow we should have a last go at a decent TTT Handicap before the clocks go forward for summer time!

Hopefully we can get full teams, so who's up for it? @Add now's your chance! :hyper:

Team Beige - @berty bassett [B]@Jim Brown[/B] @rob01792 @Arkone56 @Goldwolfie and @Merida reacto 4000

Team Red - @LBHIFI @perswe [COLOR=#bfbfbf]@Rod McG[/COLOR] @Add [B]@Del C[/B] [B]@bert1971[/B]
@LBHIFI in either Red or Green depending on numbers

Team Green -
@Daddy Pig [COLOR=#bfbfbf]@Brusgaard[/COLOR] @keithaitch [B]@Aleman[/B] @Whorty (Bkool Pro) @BaldyZ1 (@JJRobinson off lambing!)
@Daddy Pig in either Green or Blue depending on numbers?

Team Blue - @AAAC 76C @bridgy [B]@BILL S[/B] [B]@peterob[/B]

Anyone else who wants to join in?

Geoff
I'm in, complete with crop duster (I hope) so that I can keep up with @peterob

rob01792

Über Member
So I'm thinking tomorrow we should have a last go at a decent TTT Handicap before the clocks go forward for summer time!

Hopefully we can get full teams, so who's up for it? @Add now's your chance! :hyper:

Team Beige - @berty bassett [B]@Jim Brown[/B] @rob01792 @Arkone56 @Goldwolfie and @Merida reacto 4000

Team Red - @LBHIFI @perswe [COLOR=#bfbfbf]@Rod McG[/COLOR] @Add [B]@Del C[/B] [B]@bert1971[/B]
@LBHIFI in either Red or Green depending on numbers

Team Green -
@Daddy Pig [COLOR=#bfbfbf]@Brusgaard[/COLOR] @keithaitch [B]@Aleman[/B] @Whorty (Bkool Pro) @BaldyZ1 (@JJRobinson off lambing!)
@Daddy Pig in either Green or Blue depending on numbers?

Team Blue - @AAAC 76C @bridgy [B]@BILL S[/B] [B]@peterob[/B]

Anyone else who wants to join in?

Geoff

Im in

JuhaL

Guru
I need to do some comparisons someday. I just had new Cervelo S3 and i need to change bottom bracket so i can install my Quarq Riken R. Then i can compare power readings with powermeter and Bkool Smart Pro.

theboxers

I need to do some comparisons someday. I just had new Cervelo S3 and i need to change bottom bracket so i can install my Quarq Riken R. Then i can compare power readings with powermeter and Bkool Smart Pro.
Be careful with doing this, btdt. I'm working on a pro at the moment and comparing it with a classic and vectors. For the most part I use the 'power' given by bkool as a guide. It will not translate to a real world ride.

JuhaL

Guru
Be careful with doing this, btdt. I'm working on a pro at the moment and comparing it with a classic and vectors. For the most part I use the 'power' given by bkool as a guide. It will not translate to a real world ride.
I am prepared bit of disappointment already, knowing well that riding virtual world gives too good image my physical shape comparing outdoor rides.

Top Bottom