Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
The middle pocket is very similar to old style Rapha tops, the country series from many years ago. Though without the additional pump sleeve.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think I should of gone medium. Just didn’t have enough gamble in me... you are required to put up a picture of you in the shirt at this point mate :okay:

Add what’s up with the BKOOL turbo? Is it on the way out?

Like bob says you won’t get another turbo that works on BKOOL like the Bkool pro. But my gut tells me the racing won’t be on Bkool next winter mate. I might be wrong about that. And as always I’m painfully aware this statement could induce 16 pages of Groundhog Day! :stop:

But yeah. I think we are at a bit of a tipping point.
:popcorn: :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I reckon I could've gone small, there is a bit of stretch in the jersey that I'm not using on the medium. The flap at the bottom rear of the jersey is a bit loose but I'm sure it'll be fine on the bike. The small centre pocket is a bit weird.
My L is quite a snug fit around the stomach, chest and shoulders :mrpig: But the length keeps my knees warm :laugh:

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
I think I should of gone medium. Just didn’t have enough gamble in me... you are required to put up a picture of you in the shirt at this point mate :okay:

Add what’s up with the BKOOL turbo? Is it on the way out?

Like bob says you won’t get another turbo that works on BKOOL like the Bkool pro. But my gut tells me the racing won’t be on Bkool next winter mate. I might be wrong about that. And as always I’m painfully aware this statement could induce 16 pages of Groundhog Day! :stop:

But yeah. I think we are at a bit of a tipping point.
Yeah, my turbo is beginning to sh*t it’s pants!

Either that, or it wants something from me, because it’s being very flattering. The resistance is dropping off and not firming up again until I hit an incline. Which basically means that on any 0% incline, I’m a bloody steroid fuelled, fully TUE authorised cycling machine.

I’m in no rush just yet, as looking at the weather outside, I can only assume the end of the world is upon us. Powys does not get this much sun without serious consequences.....they didn’t build 4 bloody great dams here because of our notoriously arid conditions.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
It's a problem for non bkool trainer users your sat there for about 5 seconds before you start to move off and very slowly at that and you put in crazy watts to get on the back then soon as an incline appers boom your left for dead
Which trainer are you using now?

CXRAndy

Guru
Dean, Lee, Bob, Dave-------- Tacx Neo
Jeff, Carl, Me, Boxers-------- Wahoo Kickr DD
Kipster Paul------------------ Wahoo kickr snap
Tommy is between trainers but had a Wattbike

Juhua Quarq PM with bkool
Lars Bkool with power meter pedals plus there are others doing the same

The remaining are bkool still. The main issues are motor/motor drive shafts wearing and jamming the magnets in the wrong place usually low resistance.

Everyone who uses a PM is either on Zwift, BRVR, both. I dont there are many that return to Bkool, maybe wrong.

Zwift is so realistic on a decent setup, saying that Paul(bridgy) continues to use his bkool in Zwift and finds it overall reliable. There is just a little step to get it to work properly

Last edited:

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Dean, Lee, Bob, Dave-------- Tacx Neo
Jeff, Carl, Me, Boxers-------- Wahoo Kickr DD
Kipster Paul------------------ Wahoo kickr snap
Tommy is between trainers but had a Wattbike

Juhua Quarq PM with bkool
Lars Bkool with power meter pedals plus there are others doing the same

The remaining are bkool still. The main issues are motor/motor drive shafts wearing and jamming the magnets in the wrong place usually low resistance.

Everyone who uses a PM is either on Zwift, BRVR, both. I dont there are many that return to Bkool, maybe wrong.

Zwift is so realistic on a decent setup, saying that Paul(bridgy) continues to use his bkool in Zwift and finds it overall reliable. There is just a little step to get it to work properly
Very useful thankyou Andy. Certainly food for thought. I need to invest in a new turbo, that is clearly evident if I’m going to go forward with this cycling self harm thing.

I’m quite sure that once I switch platforms to one more reliable and realistic, I won’t look back. Not sure if it’s my old age resisting change, my reluctance to invest time in learning something new or just the fear of being crap without my flattering Bkool trainer and software.

After DD, this will probably all be hypothetical and redundant anyway, as I’ll probably take up fishing, darts and substance abuse.

Very useful thankyou Andy. Certainly food for thought. I need to invest in a new turbo, that is clearly evident if I’m going to go forward with this cycling self harm thing.

I’m quite sure that once I switch platforms to one more reliable and realistic, I won’t look back. Not sure if it’s my old age resisting change, my reluctance to invest time in learning something new or just the fear of being crap without my flattering Bkool trainer and software.

After DD, this will probably all be hypothetical and redundant anyway, as I’ll probably take up fishing, darts and substance abuse.
I might follow you but I think with darts it’s a 10 foot walk several times. Maybe substitute VR darts.

BILL S

Guru
Bill maybe you could join us next year. It’s 45 minutes from London to Peterborough on the train, and the ride didn’t start until 12 so it’s very doable without staying overnight. It might mean paying for a spot and losing your money if things go against you and you can’t make it. But if you could make it I have a feeling it would be right up your street.

Tommy, I'm really thinking I will if at all possible. As you say, very doable in one day and definitely up my street with fast riding on flattish roads, just like the Chain Gang :smile:. My only real life experience of grabbing a slipstream was two years ago at the DD with Adam and Bridgy on the faster flatter parts, but being in more of a peloton should be faster still. :thumbsup:

BILL S

Guru
You should of been Bill, it was fantastic, extremely tough physically:B), but worth it for such a fast pace closed road event. Not over subscribed like the Prudential. Video came out great for refreshing those memories :biggrin:

I've started to look into it already so now wondering if you guys all set off together and how did you choose which speed of group to set off with?

CXRAndy

Guru
I've started to look into it already so now wondering if you guys all set off together and how did you choose which speed of group to set off with?

It was Paul's fault saying 21+ was easy peasy :laugh: So we signed up that group, agreeing to work as a close knit TTT- yeah right:whistle:. Paul shot off, Tommy in hot pursuit, the rest of us winding up the speed. Paul and Tommy are without doubt quicker. It was great exhilarating riding, but the minor hills killed our group and then it was pretty much fend for yourself. I rejoined Bob and Martin, a little later. Bob then climbed away from me on the longest climb and got a good pack to ride with, I teamed up with Martin and we rode till the 2nd food/water stop, where I was expecting to see Tommy, Paul, Bob. But everyone had decided to stay in their group and push on. To be fair I couldn't of kept riding all the way to the end without another bottle of water. So would of had to stop at 3rd station.

I have 800 mil bottles, I wonder if 1000mil would suffice for 100 miles. I can try on Zwift 100 mile endurance rides to see if I can sustain effort with a little less water.

Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
It was Paul's fault saying 21+ was easy peasy :laugh: So we signed up that group, agreeing to work as a close knit TTT- yeah right:whistle:. Paul shot off, Tommy in hot pursuit, the rest of us winding up the speed. Paul and Tommy are without doubt quicker. It was great exhilarating riding, but the minor hills killed our group and then it was pretty much fend for yourself. I rejoined Bob and Martin, a little later. Bob then climbed away from me on the longest climb and got a good pack to ride with, I teamed up with Martin and we rode till the 2nd food/water stop, where I was expecting to see Tommy, Paul, Bob. But everyone had decided to stay in their group and push on. To be fair I couldn't of kept riding all the way to the end without another bottle of water. So would of had to stop at 3rd station.

Thanks for the explanation Andy. 21+ is kind of fast but probably not too fast for Paul and Tommy. I've ridden with Paul on the DD 2 years ago so would have been quite nervous about committing to his pace, but my competitive spirit wouldn't have allowed me to pick an easier speed. I'd have just told myself that I'd tuck in behind him and have an easy life, although hills can tend to get in the way of that. I can manage about 21 mph if I really push it for about an hour if there's no wind, so doing that for considerably longer would be really tough. What are your thoughts on when best to book the tickets? Its cheaper to book immediately but not by a huge amount, but is there a risk of all the places being sold out?

Top Bottom