Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Hi everyone, not been here for a while due to different things going on, feeling very demoralised at the moment after buying a 4iiii left crank power meter, on BKool my average rides were around 250w average and ftp around 300w, after using the 4iiii on the BKool trainer I did Bornholm Part 3 and the difference in average power was 256w on the BKool readings and 213w on the 4iiii readings, also outside Im finding it difficult to average over 200w at my heart rate threshold, my Garmin Edge 520 has given me an ftp of 234w , I`ve also got a PowerPod Power Meter which gives readings approx 40-50w higher than the 4iiii, the 4iiii seems very consistent with the rides I`ve done so totally confused now!!!! Has anyone else had any comparisons between the BKool readings and other power meters?? GRRRRRRR!! I`ve also tried left and right compensation as its a left only power meter but still way off the BKool readings.
I have done some comparisons with Quarq Riken R and with Bkool Smart Pro 1. Quarq gives about 30W lower readings but seems to be normal that Bkool gives better image about your performance. I keep continue with different tests when my work gives me more time for that. So far i have ride with Zwift and i will probably keep testing with that platform. Today i update firmware to my Quarq but i don't think that doesn't much change the discrepancy.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I have done some comparisons with Quarq Riken R and with Bkool Smart Pro 1. Quarq gives about 30W lower readings but seems to be normal that Bkool gives better image about your performance. I keep continue with different tests when my work gives me more time for that. So far i have ride with Zwift and i will probably keep testing with that platform. Today i update firmware to my Quarq but i don't think that doesn't much change the discrepancy.
The discrepancy is the bkool trainer. It is also inconsistent. :sad:

JuhaL

Guru
The discrepancy is the bkool trainer. It is also inconsistent. :sad:
Yes, that's the way it is. Many times in Zwift i have noticed how easy Bkool gives too good power readings, few time with Bkool Sim as well but maybe more often with Zwift. With BigRing VR it's been worked better.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
C8F6DED6-6149-4CA2-8051-D8D609D7DE37.jpeg

Start as you mean to go on!

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Any time McWhorty. :thanks: If Adam's ghost hadn't been there I'd have been quite happy to trundle in behind you. For some strange reason my gray matter does not compute at the thought of allowing him to cross the line ahead of me. :crazy:

edit: Thought I had him beat by a second but turns out it was neck & neck ^_^
Sorry Bill....well not really. I must confess, I'm getting some fairy dust assistance at the moment from my kind turbo. For some reason I occasionally get zero resistance when the gradient is in the 0 - 1% sort of area, and I can spin like a nut job, and put out 380 - 450W....which is simply unrealistic. If I get any sort of incline, it resets and the same zone is significantly stiffer.

It is very pleasing to use, and it would seem it has spurred you on too...so two benefits. But it is, I'm reluctant to admit, making me look a lot better than I really am.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sorry Bill....well not really. I must confess, I'm getting some fairy dust assistance at the moment from my kind turbo. For some reason I occasionally get zero resistance when the gradient is in the 0 - 1% sort of area, and I can spin like a nut job, and put out 380 - 450W....which is simply unrealistic. If I get any sort of incline, it resets and the same zone is significantly stiffer.

It is very pleasing to use, and it would seem it has spurred you on too...so two benefits. But it is, I'm reluctant to admit, making me look a lot better than I really am.
Stop making excuses @Add .... I'm still going to be sucking your wheel on the DD :laugh:

CXRAndy

Guru
Is anyone using the Wahoo Kickr Snap? Or have any experience of one?

Kipster has one, he like it I believe. it's a more robust design with an accurate PM. It will work on Bkool or Zwift. You will see real power numbers so will be slower on bkool

Reactions: Add
Top Bottom