Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
It was a little easier for me to migrate to Zwift being a kickr user which worked perfectly. Borrowing a Bkool pro was fine, apart its readings are unrealistic.

Perky77

I got sucked in slowly. I got a Kickr trainer and was using this for both bkool and Zwift. Started first on Zwift for longer rides and still racing on Bkool. Couldn't compete on Bkool races against the fast riders so only joined in the handicap races. Once handicaps stopped I moved pretty much fully to Zwift. This coincided with Zwift running their 'tour' series - firstly a Tour of Zwift, then Tour of California and then Tour of Belgium. Zwift also added the Alpe du Zwift section (basically the Alpe D'huez so this has been a real draw. In addition, the Ziftpower website (which shows race results) improved and enhanced the racing experience and rankings. I'm enjoying the group ride/races on Zwift - a different experience to Bkool but once you learn the tactics it's actually good fun. The good thing is, there is always someone your level in a race so you're never alone - like the good 'ole days on Zwift. Please don't tell @bobinski any of this though, he'll only start to preen and say I told you so :rolleyes:

Must say though, it's taken me probably 18 months of flicking between Zwift and Bkool to get to this stage. I think the recent Zwift changes have helped the transition across and without the new courses and 'tours' I'd have probably got bored again with Zwift and gone back to Bkool. For me anyway I think there is enough variety on Zwift to keep me engaged.

Thanks for the info, it certainly does sound better than when I did a free trial and didn’t really get the appeal

peterob

Veteran
Well having recently gone LLF :smile:^_^:biggrin: I might EVENTUALLY use the money saved to buy a power meter and Zwift subscription. :blush:

LLF.......Lycra Liberation Front?

I have a power meter now. Although I've not really used it yet - I'm afraid it'll make me cry having got used to Bkool watts! :cry:

When I get back from trw and onto the turbo I'll take a look at Zwift if that's where people have headed. If it can do chaingang group type rides then that'll be ideal. I'd miss the 99p/month subscription costs though!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

I have a power meter now. Although I've not really used it yet - I'm afraid it'll make me cry having got used to Bkool watts! :cry:

When I get back from trw and onto the turbo I'll take a look at Zwift if that's where people have headed. If it can do chaingang group type rides then that'll be ideal. I'd miss the 99p/month subscription costs though!
Jump on to BRVR and do a few of their shorter rides with your power meter. It will give you an idea of how to use it in a safer environment.

St Moritz is a good one, a little rolling 15k ride
https://www.bigringvr.com/Ride.aspx?rideID=1067

or

Aurlandsfjellet Roller Coaster, much tougher ride some 7-8%ers in there
https://www.bigringvr.com/Ride.aspx?rideID=2203

peterob

Veteran
Jump on to BRVR and do a few of their shorter rides with your power meter. It will give you an idea of how to use it in a safer environment.

St Moritz is a good one, a little rolling 15k ride
https://www.bigringvr.com/Ride.aspx?rideID=1067

or

Aurlandsfjellet Roller Coaster, much tougher ride some 7-8%ers in there
https://www.bigringvr.com/Ride.aspx?rideID=2203

I've been meaning to take an ftp test with it on the turbo. But the weather has been so good since I've had it that I've not fancied cycling in the garage!

BILL S

Guru

:laugh: haha Yeah, you have to watch out for them.

Have you got a licence for wearing your lycra?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
All this talk of Bkool races, so I had a pop at Stage 1 of the June league tonight. Completely blown away by @Add :notworthy: I suppose I could use the excuse that this is my 3rd day on the bounce of riding ..... but alas, I was feeling fine, it was a pure beating dished out by Adam :B)

A couple of ghosts for you to chase on Saturday @BILL S - i look forward to the bingly bongly email of shame :okay:

Last edited:

Whorty

Just got done with a BRVR Goats ride, stg 9, ended up with a theoretical ftp of 232w (245w for 30 minutes). I'd been hovering around the 195-205 prior to this.

@Aleman keep up the good work

It's a shame the weight is not going down as quick as the ftp is going up. :mrpig:
Superb TB :okay: Is that on the Kickr?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Superb TB :okay: Is that on the Kickr?
Yes kickr only at the moment.

No point in using the pro or classic (once repaired) as I'm not doing the chaingang rides. Totally different beast to use, especially on the bkool plans as it seems to react quicker and be more stable in resistance. I can get into a nice cadence zone on the kickr, for any given power, on all of the bkool plan/erg sessions that I can't on the pro or classic. Part of the reason I am looking at zwift as the bkool plans are fairly basic. I'm needing some more involved/varied plans to keep me engaged.

Problem is I'm running 2 subs, bkool and BRVR, and don't really want to add a third. If zwift keeps improving their plans side that may change. I'm not intrested in racing, which zwift seems to excel at. I enjoy the video sessions of bkool and BRVR with a training session thrown in between them. So it looks like I'll have to make a choice in December as to which platform I keep (if the bkool 99p offer still works I may take that up though and run the 3). :unsure:

Whorty

Yes kickr only at the moment.

No point in using the pro or classic (once repaired) as I'm not doing the chaingang rides. Totally different beast to use, especially on the bkool plans as it seems to react quicker and be more stable in resistance. I can get into a nice cadence zone on the kickr, for any given power, on all of the bkool plan/erg sessions that I can't on the pro or classic. Part of the reason I am looking at zwift as the bkool plans are fairly basic. I'm needing some more involved/varied plans to keep me engaged.

Problem is I'm running 2 subs, bkool and BRVR, and don't really want to add a third. If zwift keeps improving their plans side that may change. I'm not intrested in racing, which zwift seems to excel at. I enjoy the video sessions of bkool and BRVR with a training session thrown in between them. So it looks like I'll have to make a choice in December as to which platform I keep (if the bkool 99p offer still works I may take that up though and run the 3). :unsure:
I have Zwift, Bkool and BRVR at the mo but will likely drop Bkool when the time comes (I think Feb). The training plans in Zwift are OK, I quite like them, but I've never used any other platform so can't compare. Glad you're enjoying the Kickr - I assume you're setting the realism for BRVR below 100% as I just can't get up those really steep hills on the Kickr within BRVR :surrender: Belt still slips too at % over 9% which is fkin frustrating :banghead:

Top Bottom