Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
All this talk of Bkool races, so I had a pop at Stage 1 of the June league tonight. Completely blown away by @Add :notworthy: I suppose I could use the excuse that this is my 3rd day on the bounce of riding ..... but alas, I was feeling fine, it was a pure beating dished out by Adam :B)

A couple of ghosts for you to chase on Saturday @BILL S - i look forward to the bingly bongly email of shame :okay:

The Saturday rerun will start at 5pm as usual. Not expecting many takers but anyone joining will be up against Whorty's and Adams ghosts. Not very confident that I can beat them in this heat but will give it a go.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I have Zwift, Bkool and BRVR at the mo but will likely drop Bkool when the time comes (I think Feb). The training plans in Zwift are OK, I quite like them, but I've never used any other platform so can't compare. Glad you're enjoying the Kickr - I assume you're setting the realism for BRVR below 100% as I just can't get up those really steep hills on the Kickr within BRVR :surrender: Belt still slips too at % over 9% which is fkin frustrating :banghead:
100% realism, but I have a 42 cassette fitted. It still hurts, but at least I am getting to the point where I'm almost spinning 80+ cadence on most things up to 8%. After that I'm dropping down to 70-75. I think once the weight has lessened I'll look at putting a smaller cassette on as long as I can spin.

JuhaL

Guru
I need to create plan-b and maybe plan-c as a backup plan. I have thinkin options of next indoor trainer and Wahoo Kickr was top on a list, but if there’s a small threat of a slippage problem then i need to concider other options. I thought that direct-drive trainers don’t have any slippage issues.

theboxers

I need to create plan-b and maybe plan-c as a backup plan. I have thinkin options of next indoor trainer and Wahoo Kickr was top on a list, but if there’s a small threat of a slippage problem then i need to concider other options. I thought that direct-drive trainers don’t have any slippage issues.
The only one I know of without slippage issues is the the Neo. All the othe 'direct' drive trainers have a belt, tmk. The kickr has a toothed belt not a grooved one. I'm not sure why @Whorty 's slips.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The only one I know of without slippage issues is the the Neo. All the othe 'direct' drive trainers have a belt, tmk. The kickr has a toothed belt not a grooved one. I'm not sure why @Whorty 's slips.
When I first got it, first week, belt snapped. Fitted a new one but this slips if gradient too high and cadence low. I've tried to tension it tight but to no avail. So long as I keep realism at a level that I'm not hitting a gradient over 9% all is good. But as soon as gradient is a real 9% and cadence drops the belt slips. I certainly can't grind up hills on the kickr like I want to and how I have to in real life

BILL S

Guru
Well that wasn't easy in the heat. I did just enough to win... or so I thought :blush: but it appears that I got off the line quicker so the results are closer than I'd expected. :sad:
I was getting chased down the whole ride and its clear to see that a certain person is back to form for a certain event ;)

theboxers

When I first got it, first week, belt snapped. Fitted a new one but this slips if gradient too high and cadence low. I've tried to tension it tight but to no avail. So long as I keep realism at a level that I'm not hitting a gradient over 9% all is good. But as soon as gradient is a real 9% and cadence drops the belt slips. I certainly can't grind up hills on the kickr like I want to and how I have to in real life
Do you have access to a bigger cassette. What do you have a 10 or 11 speed. I might have a 32 or 34 you could try. I'll have a dig through what I've got and let you know.

Alfonzo

Hi everyone, not been here for a while due to different things going on, feeling very demoralised at the moment after buying a 4iiii left crank power meter, on BKool my average rides were around 250w average and ftp around 300w, after using the 4iiii on the BKool trainer I did Bornholm Part 3 and the difference in average power was 256w on the BKool readings and 213w on the 4iiii readings, also outside Im finding it difficult to average over 200w at my heart rate threshold, my Garmin Edge 520 has given me an ftp of 234w , I`ve also got a PowerPod Power Meter which gives readings approx 40-50w higher than the 4iiii, the 4iiii seems very consistent with the rides I`ve done so totally confused now!!!! Has anyone else had any comparisons between the BKool readings and other power meters?? GRRRRRRR!! I`ve also tried left and right compensation as its a left only power meter but still way off the BKool readings.

theboxers

Hi everyone, not been here for a while due to different things going on, feeling very demoralised at the moment after buying a 4iiii left crank power meter, on BKool my average rides were around 250w average and ftp around 300w, after using the 4iiii on the BKool trainer I did Bornholm Part 3 and the difference in average power was 256w on the BKool readings and 213w on the 4iiii readings, also outside Im finding it difficult to average over 200w at my heart rate threshold, my Garmin Edge 520 has given me an ftp of 234w , I`ve also got a PowerPod Power Meter which gives readings approx 40-50w higher than the 4iiii, the 4iiii seems very consistent with the rides I`ve done so totally confused now!!!! Has anyone else had any comparisons between the BKool readings and other power meters?? GRRRRRRR!! I`ve also tried left and right compensation as its a left only power meter but still way off the BKool readings.
Bkool does a nice line in power fairy dust. 30-80w over a power meter are not unusual. The reason is that bkool calculates power based on speed given by the trainer x gradient x your weight or something like that. What you get is their best guess. As long as the numbers are consistent you can use them. Bkool numbers unfortunately are not consistent. Just use them as a guide on the trainer.

Check out baronbiosystems ftp app/widget on garmin IQ site. It will use your power meter to give a minute by minute ftp reading. They do several widgets that I use.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
07E4D90D-3715-4E56-8CB0-35BFDF716A0A.jpeg

A picture’s worth a thousand words!

Randy Berlin, Bobinski, Lars, me and Andy

Happy days :hugs:

Top Bottom