Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm still working for the Tron bike on Zwift ..... don't want to waste metres climbed on BRVR when I can use these to get closer to the Tron :biggrin: Once DD is over, and Tron is between my legs, I'll see where I am at that point :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
Thanks all, @Whorty i didn’t think you would ever become a full Zwifter

I’m currently checking out Road Grand Tours which appears to have improved the number of courses available.

RGT looks good platform, only issue I see, its pitched itself very much like Zwift. That is one big hill to climb, to topple the user base on Zwift.

BigRingVR is different for using HD video of famous routes, climbs

Trainer Road for its highly structured training, low tech graphics- it works though.

Perky77

RGT looks good platform, only issue I see, its pitched itself very much like Zwift. That is one big hill to climb, to topple the user base on Zwift.

BigRingVR is different for using HD video of famous routes, climbs

Trainer Road for its highly structured training, low tech graphics- it works though.

I’ve used TR for the last 6 months and found it excellent, that was for training for abspecific long distance event though

bridgy

Legendary Member
Afternoon All,
After a long period being away on trainerroad in preparation for the ride I did last week - Copenhagen to Berlin, I have been out of the loop on who is using what.

I have caught up on recent posts and noticed on my strava feed the reduced number of bkool rides (which is a shame as I hoped the recent upgrades would make a difference) and the increase in BigRing VR and Zwift.

I want to start on one platform over the summer months for midweek sessions. I would be interested in people’s summaries of the most interactive one that people on the forum are using
Thanks
I'm doing much more outdoor rides now the weather's improved. I've been doing both Bkool and Zwift for a while, but have currently let my Bkool subscription lapse, as I'm not doing enough virtual rides to justify both at the moment. I was also starting to get a bit frustrated with the inconsistencies I was experiencing with Bkool - one day flying along, the next crawling through treacle! Zwift is completely consistent for me. Also, with fewer people online in the summer, Zwift - with it's much bigger number of subscribers - always has competitive races to join, whilst the Bkool group can get a little thin on the ground this time of year! I like racing with people I know on Bkool rather than strangers on Zwift so I may well return to Bkool for some racing in the winter, but I do hope the annoying variance in results improves as you never know if you've had a good ride or just been blessed with an unfair advantage, and the same with your competitors. Zwift is also good if you like racing but need a bit more flexibility than the fixed times of the Bkool chaingang rides as there's plenty of different races scheduled throughout the day and evening so there's usually one to join at a time that suits.

BILL S

Guru
The latest Zwift update suggests closed course rides/races are coming. It may be a watopia day but race am organised crit on Richmond etc. Now if they will allow smaller clubs to form and make use of this :smile: Imagine us all racing up Alp D' together. Or a greater london loop.:smile:

Well if that really happens Bob and we could just move over to Zwift lock stock & barrel and continue the banter and leagues then maybe that's how we'll end up. One thing left to consider would still be the extra price of Zwift. Do they have any codes that give for example 11 months free with 1 months subscription?

Perky77

The latest Zwift update suggests closed course rides/races are coming. It may be a watopia day but race am organised crit on Richmond etc. Now if they will allow smaller clubs to form and make use of this :smile: Imagine us all racing up Alp D' together. Or a greater london loop.:smile:

This would be the ideal situation

CXRAndy

Guru
Well if that really happens Bob and we could just move over to Zwift lock stock & barrel and continue the banter and leagues then maybe that's how we'll end up. One thing left to consider would still be the extra price of Zwift. Do they have any codes that give for example 11 months free with 1 months subscription?

Regrettably Bill, being the market leader, with a comprehensive update/upgrade ethos, they can and do charge for it. Best get saving for a power meter so you can enjoy the full fat experience on Zwift :biggrin:

Whorty

ha ha ... race up the Alpe .... ha ha ha. You're off your flippin 'ed mate :surrender:

BILL S

Guru
There's a new league started today so anyone fancy it?
If so, please start yourself as it's a bit too warm for me. I'll put in my effort on Saturday.

Whorty

Thanks all, @Whorty i didn’t think you would ever become a full Zwifter

I’m currently checking out Road Grand Tours which appears to have improved the number of courses available.
I got sucked in slowly. I got a Kickr trainer and was using this for both bkool and Zwift. Started first on Zwift for longer rides and still racing on Bkool. Couldn't compete on Bkool races against the fast riders so only joined in the handicap races. Once handicaps stopped I moved pretty much fully to Zwift. This coincided with Zwift running their 'tour' series - firstly a Tour of Zwift, then Tour of California and then Tour of Belgium. Zwift also added the Alpe du Zwift section (basically the Alpe D'huez so this has been a real draw. In addition, the Ziftpower website (which shows race results) improved and enhanced the racing experience and rankings. I'm enjoying the group ride/races on Zwift - a different experience to Bkool but once you learn the tactics it's actually good fun. The good thing is, there is always someone your level in a race so you're never alone - like the good 'ole days on Zwift. Please don't tell @bobinski any of this though, he'll only start to preen and say I told you so :rolleyes:

Must say though, it's taken me probably 18 months of flicking between Zwift and Bkool to get to this stage. I think the recent Zwift changes have helped the transition across and without the new courses and 'tours' I'd have probably got bored again with Zwift and gone back to Bkool. For me anyway I think there is enough variety on Zwift to keep me engaged.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I got sucked in slowly. I got a Kickr trainer and was using this for both bkool and Zwift. Started first on Zwift for longer rides and still racing on Bkool. Couldn't compete on Bkool races against the fast riders so only joined in the handicap races. Once handicaps stopped I moved pretty much fully to Zwift. This coincided with Zwift running their 'tour' series - firstly a Tour of Zwift, then Tour of California and then Tour of Belgium. Zwift also added the Alpe du Zwift section (basically the Alpe D'huez so this has been a real draw. In addition, the Ziftpower website (which shows race results) improved and enhanced the racing experience and rankings. I'm enjoying the group ride/races on Zwift - a different experience to Bkool but once you learn the tactics it's actually good fun. The good thing is, there is always someone your level in a race so you're never alone - like the good 'ole days on Zwift. Please don't tell @bobinski any of this though, he'll only start to preen and say I told you so :rolleyes:

Must say though, it's taken me probably 18 months of flicking between Zwift and Bkool to get to this stage. I think the recent Zwift changes have helped the transition across and without the new courses and 'tours' I'd have probably got bored again with Zwift and gone back to Bkool. For me anyway I think there is enough variety on Zwift to keep me engaged.

I told ... oh, never mind;)

Top Bottom