Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
AWOL again.
Undercarriage still needs some repair.
If this goes on another week I will have to see the quack. Bad enough that he has raped me from behind 3 time and now this!
Hope to see you back soon AAAC. The Mrs has been complaining that my usual shuffle is turning into a strut and she doesn't like it. :stop:

BILL S

Guru
Bill towed me today and I now am suffering from delusions of adequacy . Thanks @BILL S Your Thursday time must have been crazy.

Well you put in a decent effort yourself Randy so more than adequate. You made me work hard a few times including sitting in your slip stream and still needing 400w at one point. Thursday time was when it was nice and cool and a fair bit of fairy dust.

And you beat all those red dots and also a green one :cycle: :becool::laugh:

Perky77

Afternoon All,
After a long period being away on trainerroad in preparation for the ride I did last week - Copenhagen to Berlin, I have been out of the loop on who is using what.

I have caught up on recent posts and noticed on my strava feed the reduced number of bkool rides (which is a shame as I hoped the recent upgrades would make a difference) and the increase in BigRing VR and Zwift.

I want to start on one platform over the summer months for midweek sessions. I would be interested in people’s summaries of the most interactive one that people on the forum are using
Thanks

CXRAndy

Guru
I want to start on one platform over the summer months for midweek sessions. I would be interested in people’s summaries of the most interactive one that people on the forum are using
Thanks

:ohmy::tongue:

There are two camps

Zwift is the most interactive and has a huge online presence. If you want to race against lots of different riders, then there is no where else. If you want to race against known forum members from here and nobody else mainly then Bkool. There are plenty of different courses now on Zwift to keep variety and interest. Also if you're looking for multi hour rides I don't know if Bkool has any groups that organise these.

bobinski

Legendary Member
:ohmy::tongue:

There are two camps

Zwift is the most interactive and has a huge online presence. If you want to race against lots of different riders, then there is no where else. If you want to race against known forum members from here and nobody else mainly then Bkool. There are plenty of different courses now on Zwift to keep variety and interest. Also if you're looking for multi hour rides I don't know if Bkool has any groups that organise these.

This.
The only thing i would add is that after the ToC i will use BRVR to train for the Pyrennes, possibly also RGT.

CXRAndy

Guru
Thanks @bobinski and @CXRAndy

Are the bkool leagues still getting 15 plus entries? I did like the handicap races on here previously

Excuse the ignorance but what is ToC?

Re Bkool I honestly don't know, I read Aaac having physical issues.

ToC a UCI Sportive/pace riding out of Peterborough starts Sunday at 12pm. but you have to sign on the day before

LBHIFI

Veteran
I just saw that Jacob Skovsgaard did the Born Fondo mountain TT at Bornholm (a danish island) this weekend and ended up a 2nd place in his age group :notworthy::

https://www.sportstiming.dk/event/4884/results

I did that very same stage just the weekend before and loved the route. Hairpin section, "highway" section forest section and very steep narrow section in the forest:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEW43O74quw

Think the age 50-59 podium is going to be a goal next season.

I just saw that Jacob Skovsgaard did the Born Fondo mountain TT at Bornholm (a danish island) this weekend and ended up a 2nd place in his age group :notworthy::

I did that very same stage just the weekend before and loved the route. Hairpin section, "highway" section forest section and very steep narrow section in the forest:

I went back and looked but didn't see that tt segment on your rides. What was your time?

CXRAndy

Guru

He did very well overall 9th from 300, .He is 43yrs young!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Afternoon All,
After a long period being away on trainerroad in preparation for the ride I did last week - Copenhagen to Berlin, I have been out of the loop on who is using what.

I have caught up on recent posts and noticed on my strava feed the reduced number of bkool rides (which is a shame as I hoped the recent upgrades would make a difference) and the increase in BigRing VR and Zwift.

Thanks
I've signed up to Bkool, Zwift and BRVR. Since I signed up to BRVR for a year I have used it exactly 0 times :banghead:

I've been on Bkool less frequently recently mostly because I've been training for the Double Devils ride in Wales (24th June) and been using Zwift for long rides. Zwift also did 3 organised multi day tours recently that were really good fun. I also have a Kickr now which means I'm not competitive on Bkool so again this makes racing more difficult unless some fellow slowies are present :B) Zwift has dragged me in deeper but not sure what I'll do once the Double Devils is over - I may race a bit more on Bkool or stay where I am on Zwift.

Top Bottom