Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well, I've been back from Mallorca for a Week now, and have deciced that it's time to stop being depressed that it's all over and hope that I'll be able to do it all again next year. What a week (and a bit), despite leaving brilliant sunshine and warm temperatures at Manchester and arriving in Palma to a torrential downpour and 'freezing' temps, the week actually turned out to be perfect cycling weather (Although one of our party would have preferred temps to be 100F+ :eek:) I was fairly apprehensive to be honest as I've not done any 'distance' cycling for 20 years, and certainly not sequentially day after day. Actually it was 'Easy' I racked up 440+ miles and 38000+ feet of climbing, with only 3 Full 'Bobs', One you've seen, and the other two were due to shipping the chain :cursing:

I'd like to say thanks to all the Thursday Night Chain Gangers, The Tuesday Night Handicappers, and the Goats. The motivation from you lot kept me driving on through the dark of the winter on the turbo, and I arrived on Mallorca fit and ready for anything the Island threw at me, it was a shock to be able to throw the bike into the lowest gear (34 28) and just tap out a steady rhythm up a 10Km climb @ 7.6% while staying well in the 'Green' ... Even if I did ship the chain at the steep part on the Col del Ries and fall over, 52 minutes up Sa calobra, with a 'lot' in hand was for me quite an achievement.

Cheers!

32665357_1663915900392678_5968901409154793472_o.jpg

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Well, I've been back from Mallorca for a Week now, and have deciced that it's time to stop being depressed that it's all over and hope that I'll be able to do it all again next year. What a week (and a bit), despite leaving brilliant sunshine and warm temperatures at Manchester and arriving in Palma to a torrential downpour and 'freezing' temps, the week actually turned out to be perfect cycling weather (Although one of our party would have preferred temps to be 100F+ :eek:) I was fairly apprehensive to be honest as I've not done any 'distance' cycling for 20 years, and certainly not sequentially day after day. Actually it was 'Easy' I racked up 440+ miles and 38000+ feet of climbing, with only 3 Full 'Bobs', One you've seen, and the other two were due to shipping the chain :cursing:

I'd like to say thanks to all the Thursday Night Chain Gangers, The Tuesday Night Handicappers, and the Goats. The motivation from you lot kept me driving on through the dark of the winter on the turbo, and I arrived on Mallorca fit and ready for anything the Island threw at me, it was a shock to be able to throw the bike into the lowest gear (34 28) and just tap out a steady rhythm up a 10Km climb @ 7.6% while staying well in the 'Green' ... Even if I did ship the chain at the steep part on the Col del Ries and fall over, 52 minutes up Sa calobra, with a 'lot' in hand was for me quite an achievement.

Cheers!

View attachment 410488

A happy man in a happy place... Bravo

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

Cheers!

View attachment 410488
Nice Jersey :cheers:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
about 26 in my cave

AAAC 76C

Large Member
My slick didn't last long.
One ride as half a warm up in the Velodrome.
I sensed that one per rev knock starting and moved my weight onto the front wheel then bang.
Had to do today's time trial with my climbing block that was fitted to my spare wheel which was a bit annoying.
Most annoying thing though is that my undercarriage has not recovered and I think I may need to go to the quack to have it checked out.
My left sack stuffing is more tender than I thought and the idea if someone prodding it is already making me faint.
With any luck I'll have to have them removed, they are not connected anyway so they are just baggage and it will help me get down to my climbing weight.

Top Bottom