Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Just done Alpe d Huez in the Bkool league... very unpleasant..

Thank you @Brusgaard for the encouragement :sweat:

You're welcome… You beat my time from this morning by more than 11 minutes. :smile:

kipster

Guru
@kipster
You’re namesake took off barking after a cub that cut across in front of us on the lunch walk just now. I don't know if it was me yelling or the sow that followed it that made him finally listen but here is a tip for both the Kipsters. If you see a little one a big one is near by.

The worst I've come across today was a rather fiesty looking grey squirrel

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
That is upper cat B easily and nudging cat A on Zwift

am I hearing boo's n jeers from my virtual spectators? are my numbers being questioned? can I not have a good day?

Maybe all the real world riding is paying off... or.. my bkool pro is having a laugh? certainly no magic dust going up the Alpe yesterday..

either way, don't question it too much.. allow me to enjoy the warm glow of success.... if only for a moment... please? Tomorrow I may climb off and head home before doping control twig on...

CXRAndy

Guru
am I hearing boo's n jeers from my virtual spectators? are my numbers being questioned? can I not have a good day?

Maybe all the real world riding is paying off... or.. my bkool pro is having a laugh? certainly no magic dust going up the Alpe yesterday..

either way, don't question it too much.. allow me to enjoy the warm glow of success.... if only for a moment... please? Tomorrow I may climb off and head home before doping control twig on...

Not Knocking the effort Jim, I know the Alpe is a brutal climb if gone at hard. :okay:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Not Knocking the effort Jim, I know the Alpe is a brutal climb if gone at hard. :okay:

Gunna try get under the hour.. 1.08 is my best.. xx(

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Gunna try get under the hour.. 1.08 is my best.. xx(

Well, do it before you switch to another trainer. Using a Direto (or other Direct drive trainer) like I did yesterday, is not going to help you on the Bkool platform. I intend to try it again on the Direto in a month or so, when I’m hopefully fitter. Should be able to better it by 5-10 minutes by then.:boxing:

Already lost almost 5% bodyfat (according to the scale) since I started training again.:dance:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Well, do it before you switch to another trainer. Using a Direto (or other Direct drive trainer) like I did yesterday, is not going to help you on the Bkool platform. I intend to try it again on the Direto in a month or so, when I’m hopefully fitter. Should be able to better it by 5-10 minutes by then.:boxing:

Already lost almost 5% bodyfat (according to the scale) since I started training again.:dance:

Crikey, you’ll be a monster if you carry on that way... :thumbsup:

My ‘Alpe’ rides are pretty consistent, with marginal improvements. I bested my time by three minutes yesterday but I’m sure it was cos I’m on a different bike with a non-compact chainring this time.. more grinding than spinning - which has left my quads very sore this morning. The flatter rides are better as well, probably due to the 53 front ring. It’s keeping on top of it that hurts..

...the rest is Bkool magic.... :giggle:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Dont rise to it jimbo! Andy just pi$$ed because you beat his IRL time from a few weeks ago (by quite a lot :tongue:).

Seriously though alpe d’huez is a great climb for going back to again and again. I like the fact it starts quite steep but eases off (a little) as it goes on. A battle between man and hill!

CXRAndy

Guru
Dont rise to it jimbo! Andy just pi$$ed because you beat his IRL time from a few weeks ago (by quite a lot :tongue:).

Seriously though alpe d’huez is a great climb for going back to again and again. I like the fact it starts quite steep but eases off (a little) as it goes on. A battle between man and hill!

:tongue:
Zwift Alpe time, 1hr 3mins, Real Alp DHuez, 1hr30 (38deg C) so a little time to come off in easier conditions. I've done the Bkool Alpe on the Kickr, from memory that was around 1hr10.

Its a strong light rider who can dip under the hour on the real Alpe

There's your target Tommy for September ^_^

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Crikey, you’ll be a monster if you carry on that way... :thumbsup:

My ‘Alpe’ rides are pretty consistent, with marginal improvements. I bested my time by three minutes yesterday but I’m sure it was cos I’m on a different bike with a non-compact chainring this time.. more grinding than spinning - which has left my quads very sore this morning. The flatter rides are better as well, probably due to the 53 front ring. It’s keeping on top of it that hurts..

...the rest is Bkool magic.... :giggle:

It's down from 20.8 to 19.8, that's almost a 5% difference. ^_^ Not the same as going from 20.8 to 15.8, which would be nice. I'm pretty sure I should/could loose 2-3 kg fat on the belly.:smile: Going to Mallorca tomorrow with all-inclusive, so should be back on 20.8% in a week. :blush:

On the Bkool Pro I normally do the AdH in around 54-58 minutes, except that one time I did it twice in a row, where the second run was 1h02m. :wacko: These days it would probably be closer to the latter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom