Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I am sure the “friendly “ chaps I bumped into in soho would have supplied you with anything you wanted for the price of a bag of chips ! Though exotic and pleasurable may not have been in their vocabulary - more of a pissy and stabby vibe

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I am sure the “friendly “ chaps I bumped into in soho would have supplied you with anything you wanted for the price of a bag of chips ! Though exotic and pleasurable may not have been in their vocabulary - more of a pissy and stabby vibe
I worked in Soho (no smutty comments please!) for 2 years and never had such colourful encounters ..... where the hell did you end up?!?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Busting for a slash so went into the bogs at the top of carnaby st - in reflection I should have gone in a pub
Lesson learnt !
ha ha - I used to work just opposite there. You're right, a couple of pubs there might have been a safer bet (and you could have grabbed a pint too :cheers:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
To be honest the local council have cleaned soho up massively the last few years and it’s bloody ruining it. It was one of the best places in town to have a (very) late drink. especially during mid week where you could avoid all the weekend warriors. Now the private members clubs are closing slowly. And the ones that aren’t are populated by a much less eclectic crowd than days gone by. It’s made me feel like an old curmudgeon, moaninig about the way things used to be!... but soho has an amazing,varied and colourful history. And the future is looking very beige indeed.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
To be honest the local council have cleaned soho up massively the last few years and it’s bloody ruining it. It was one of the best places in town to have a (very) late drink. especially during mid week where you could avoid all the weekend warriors. Now the private members clubs are closing slowly. And the ones that aren’t are populated by a much less eclectic crowd than days gone by. It’s made me feel like an old curmudgeon, moaninig about the way things used to be!... but soho has an amazing,varied and colourful history. And the future is looking very beige indeed.
Used to really enjoy sitting in the flea market carnaby st on Saturdays wasting the day away in the early 80s - felt invincible ! 35ish years later I just felt worried !

IMG_1007.JPG
Used to really enjoy sitting in the flea market carnaby st on Saturdays wasting the day away in the early 80s - felt invincible ! 35ish years later I just felt worried !
This is what pops up on the google.

Top Bottom