Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
IT'S ME !!:biggrin:

Man you must of beat me by seconds to that one ^_^

Lee next time your in town I’ll meet you soho in for a beer bud. We can both get misty eyed about the good old days :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
To be honest the local council have cleaned soho up massively the last few years and it’s bloody ruining it. It was one of the best places in town to have a (very) late drink. especially during mid week where you could avoid all the weekend warriors. Now the private members clubs are closing slowly. And the ones that aren’t are populated by a much less eclectic crowd than days gone by. It’s made me feel like an old curmudgeon, moaninig about the way things used to be!... but soho has an amazing,varied and colourful history. And the future is looking very beige indeed.

Kath’s Dad used to have a tailors shop in Soho. All his local traders were European, and some a bit post war dodgy. Sign of the times and influence of east London criminals. The landlord raised his rent 5 fold to get rid of him as that bit of the area slowly gentrified.
I used to take all my dates to Soho, Kath being the last one of course. Most of the restaurants and bars i visited have gone. It’s a real shame. Change is often good but change in Soho has been the worse kind.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
@berty bassett
Did your bike ever show up?
yes thanks - on monday
Dean hasn't had his yet though
but just in case mine didn't - i put a bid on one in fleabay :hyper:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Me n dean left ours with the van , he in turn gave them to local bike shop to courier up to us along with cases and whatnot to save us waiting for him to get home by van. Things were a little slow from then on and took longer than I thought to get mine back - if it happens again then I would definitely rethink how we got bikes down and how to get them back

Breedon

Legendary Member
Me n dean left ours with the van , he in turn gave them to local bike shop to courier up to us along with cases and whatnot to save us waiting for him to get home by van. Things were a little slow from then on and took longer than I thought to get mine back - if it happens again then I would definitely rethink how we got bikes down and how to get them back
I should have bike back tomorrow.

Top Bottom