Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
so its you who took all our rain ?! dont think we have had a drop since you came here - thats some powerful voodoo you are using

Man what a pain. Have you been out on it at all?
Just yesterday before the rain started. The only real difference in this year's model is the top tube shape, asymmetrical chain stays and thru bolt axles. It does have the same smooth comfortable ride. I really like Andy's Tripster and seriously thought about getting one but after yesterday's ride I'm glad I went for the known.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just yesterday before the rain started. The only real difference in this year's model is the top tube shape, asymmetrical chain stays and thru bolt axles. It does have the same smooth comfortable ride. I really like Andy's Tripster and seriously thought about getting one but after yesterday's ride I'm glad I went for the known.

I’d really like a white frame but I don’t envy you trying to keep it clean! It really is a smashing looking bike though Randy. I know what you mean about andy’s bike. It makes a lot of sense to me and it looks very versatile too. But the fact you were so happy with your old one before some git stole kind of makes it a no brainer. You’ll just have to get a tripster next year!

rob01792

Über Member
problem with the bkool pro resistance jams on difficult setting turn off then back on ok for about 2 minutes before it happens again anyone had this and managed to fix it

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
problem with the bkool pro resistance jams on difficult setting turn off then back on ok for about 2 minutes before it happens again anyone had this and managed to fix it
You may have the same issue as I have with my classic. The brass (by the looks of it) screw shaft that moves the magnets has had the thread fold over and the magnet carrier slides toward the flywheel making it incredibly difficult to ride. I'm still trying to find somewhere to produce the threaded shaft at an affordable price.

You'll need to split the case to look at the motor and shaft to see what's what. This is what mine looks like for the first inch or so
20180226_163227-jpg.jpg

It can be rigged to work if necessary
I had the same thing. After I bought a new unit and had nothing to lose I cleaned up the worn threads And superglued a thin nut on the back end of the magnet carrier that used good threads. It seemed to work fine. BKOOL wouldn't sell just the shaft but would do the repair if I sent in the unit. The cost to ship it was way more than new unit.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
You may have the same issue as I have with my classic. The brass (by the looks of it) screw shaft that moves the magnets has had the thread fold over and the magnet carrier slides toward the flywheel making it incredibly difficult to ride. I'm still trying to find somewhere to produce the threaded shaft at an affordable price.

You'll need to split the case to look at the motor and shaft to see what's what. This is what mine looks like for the first inch or so
View attachment 419760

It can be rigged to work if necessary
Have you not contacted bkool for spare parts? There seems to be more than enough of them in their public relations department...

theboxers

Have you not contacted bkool for spare parts?.
As per @Randyberlin they will only repair if you send it to them. Hence my attempts to find a machine shop who can produce these at a reasonable cost. I may temporarily try RB's 'fix' in the short term though.
There seems to be more than enough of them in their public relations department...
:blink::huh::laugh::rofl::banghead:

theboxers

You have one of those bkool units that tries to be honest. Don't punish it by "repairing" it. Someone had to get a goodun ;)
My classic was never quite as optimistic as the pro but is was consistent in its over read where power was concerned in comparision to my vectors. 20-30watts give or take. But it did have other advantages every now and then if I could take advantage of them.

:whistle:

rob01792

Über Member
just had a reply from bkool

Your request (n.° 130601) has been updated, please reply this email. / Tu solicitud (n.° 130601) ha sido actualizada. Por favor, responda a este correo electrónico.

David (BKOOL)

Jul 17, 17:59 CEST

Hi rob,

Thanks for your message. You have to do a bank transfer (it is not possible to do a deposit) for the amount of 55 € to this account number: IBAN ES51 0075 0889 1906 0036 3940. Please, specify as "Bkool step & spindle + your full name". Once you have done it, send us an email with the bank transfer slip attached, and specify all your contact details for the shipment too, we will proceed to send the spare.

See you at Bkool,

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
just had a reply from bkool

Your request (n.° 130601) has been updated, please reply this email. / Tu solicitud (n.° 130601) ha sido actualizada. Por favor, responda a este correo electrónico.

David (BKOOL)

Jul 17, 17:59 CEST

Hi rob,

Thanks for your message. You have to do a bank transfer (it is not possible to do a deposit) for the amount of 55 € to this account number: IBAN ES51 0075 0889 1906 0036 3940. Please, specify as "Bkool step & spindle + your full name". Once you have done it, send us an email with the bank transfer slip attached, and specify all your contact details for the shipment too, we will proceed to send the spare.

See you at Bkool,
55 Euro for a screw? Not a bad markup there!

Top Bottom