Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Hi, new to the forum and rode the first stage of the league the other day. Validation has come back invalid due to inconsistent weight (I am training for the Outlaw next July so am dropping weight, it dropped from 210 to 208) Is there any way I can get this included in the results, I don't fancy riding it again, it was hard enough once!! Sorry if I'm asking the wrong person! Cheers Scott

Hi @ScottTilley - I just realized you're cycling in the CycleChat UK league.. Your ride has been accepted and don't worry about the weight..

Cheers

Jim

BILL S

Guru
See you in a minute, are we being friendly tonight ... Until the last km obviously
Friendly until the last km suits me! Even the whole race! Heck, sometimes it's been so friendly that I've sat on AAAC's tail the whole way thinking I'll cruise in behind him, only for him to slam on the anchors at the last second, leaving me to take the win.

keithaitch

Veteran
Well ridden @BILL S I thought I'd timed it nicely and came through at the crest of the downhill run to the line, but realised too late that I was third, not first as I thought and you were gone and I was left to eat your dust! Well ridden

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Hi, new to the forum and rode the first stage of the league the other day. Validation has come back invalid due to inconsistent weight (I am training for the Outlaw next July so am dropping weight, it dropped from 210 to 208) Is there any way I can get this included in the results, I don't fancy riding it again, it was hard enough once!! Sorry if I'm asking the wrong person! Cheers Scott

:welcome:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I've just re-watched Rainmaker's video on the KICKR Climb and I wonder if it doesn't provide a simple cheat with Bkool?

He comments that when you override the automatic mode for the KICKR and increase or decrease the gradient setting that the KICKR matches this gradient with appropriate resistance, rather than applying the resistance sent from any simulator. He manually moves it up to +20% and struggles to pedal.

It immediately occurs to me that if you were to manually put the Climb at a lower gradient the resistance would be reduced below where it should be and the wheel speed could be much increased, fooling bkool as it appears to use wheel speed only and assumes the correct resistance has been applied.

Set the climb on 0% (or even -10%) and smash every climb record on bkool?

Anyone with a Climb care to try this out (at the risk of being labelled a "cheat")? :whistle:

Regards,

Geoff

CXRAndy

Guru
interesting, the climb in manual mode sets resistance for the kickr? I didnt know it did that, i know it has no movement within or influence when in erg mode with TR.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I've just re-watched Rainmaker's video on the KICKR Climb and I wonder if it doesn't provide a simple cheat with Bkool?

He comments that when you override the automatic mode for the KICKR and increase or decrease the gradient setting that the KICKR matches this gradient with appropriate resistance, rather than applying the resistance sent from any simulator. He manually moves it up to +20% and struggles to pedal.

It immediately occurs to me that if you were to manually put the Climb at a lower gradient the resistance would be reduced below where it should be and the wheel speed could be much increased, fooling bkool as it appears to use wheel speed only and assumes the correct resistance has been applied.

Anyone with a Climb care to try this out (at the risk of being labelled a "cheat")? :whistle:

Regards,

Geoff
15 minute or better Alpe d'Huez rides then :whistle::laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member

Regards,

Geoff
Not sure Geoff - unlike the Bkool Pro,the Kickr has a built in power Meter so I always assumed it sent it's power reading to the Bkool software to then calculate speed, and this was the reason Kickr users had a disadvantage on Bkool compared to Bkool Pro users? If this is the case, even if you manually increased or decreased the Kickr Climb gradient and this changed the resistance, your power would still determine your speed. This would make it a bit like the "difficulty" setting on Zwift which allows you to reduce the resistance changes, but doesn't affect your online speed, because your speed is based on power and the on-screen gradient - so more of a gearing change than anything else.

Top Bottom