Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
How many are now riding non bkool trainers, must be quite a lot?

It seems that bkool still has some advantages over zwift and riding on a non-bkool trainer is realistic and a pleasant experience, all that is missing is the competitive element. It must be possible to get together non-bkool riders for competition, and perhaps to penalize any bkool trainer users who want to join in, possibly by increasing weight or something similar?

If the bkool users have a separate power meter, does that now level the performances?

Your speed in BSIM is solely based on the speed of the roller on the Bkool Pro. The correct watts from your powermeter/dd-trainer is only a visualization and lets you compare your performance IRL (if using Vector3 pedals etc.).

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Geoff, those who have upgraded their turbos, have pretty much migrated to Zwift.

The competition for racing is of greater numbers, (my last race there were 900 competitors taking part-not unusual these days). I think 7 of Cyclechatters took part together, many coming in the top 200, some top 50 overall. Adjudication is via Zwiftpower, strict with DQ's for odd power figures. ZP also ranks riders and there are thousands registered. Its like a global ranking for indoor racing. Professional riders use it aswell for training.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Cav was on the Pack Sub 2 ride on Saturday, don't think he understood the concept of a Sub 2 social ride though :rofl: ... I think he came first
I watched Cav the other day on a ToNY ride. He was in lead group, didn't seem to be pushing too hard ... got to the sprint and went off like a hare, pushing over 900 watts. Hilarious to see the others vanish behind him. He did then sit up for the blob to catch up.

CXRAndy

Guru
I watched Cav the other day on a ToNY ride. He was in lead group, didn't seem to be pushing too hard ... got to the sprint and went off like a hare, pushing over 900 watts. Hilarious to see the others vanish behind him. He did then sit up for the blob to catch up.

He's supposed to be taking it easy. He is in long term recovery from
Infectious mononucleosis .

bobinski

Legendary Member
I know you guys are anxious to know how my operation went. What do you mean you hadn’t remembered :rolleyes::smile:

I won’t be cycling for a while. I may go mad! That meniscus tear was “significant “, whole length/width so there’s a fair bit of stitching. Absence of an ACL means the surgeon was concerned the meniscus repair was vulnerable to looseness of the knee joint. So, I have to wear this brace for 6 weeks while it heals. I wasn’t warned about this beforehand but makes sense. At the moment and for next few weeks the brace will restrict the degree of knee movement to 60 degrees. Then it will be loosened up to allow greater movement. That debris from the cyst and bits of shredded meniscus would apparently fill 3 espresso cups:laugh: Telling me that only made me want coffee:biggrin:

Anyway, so glad to have the operation out the way. As usual, once in a hospital the treatment from all I came across was superb. We really are very very lucky to have out NHS. I certainly felt lucky today.

A68C4426-1AED-4B31-B938-C9EAF41E2F55.jpeg 637A46EF-CA2D-487A-BDFC-95BC4A22DF68.jpeg

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I know you guys are anxious to know how my operation went. What do you mean you hadn’t remembered :rolleyes::smile:

I won’t be cycling for a while. I may go mad! That meniscus tear was “significant “, whole length/width so there’s a fair bit of stitching. Absence of an ACL means the surgeon was concerned the meniscus repair was vulnerable to looseness of the knee joint. So, I have to wear this brace for 6 weeks while it heals. I wasn’t warned about this beforehand but makes sense. At the moment and for next few weeks the brace will restrict the degree of knee movement to 60 degrees. Then it will be loosened up to allow greater movement. That debris from the cyst and bits of shredded meniscus would apparently fill 3 espresso cups:laugh: Telling me that only made me want coffee:biggrin:

Anyway, so glad to have the operation out the way. As usual, once in a hospital the treatment from all I came across was superb. We really are very very lucky to have out NHS. I certainly felt lucky today.

View attachment 437317 View attachment 437316

Speedy recovery Bob..

View attachment 437317 View attachment 437316
Is the arrow on your ankle to help you remember which end goes up?

Top Bottom