Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I know you guys are anxious to know how my operation went. What do you mean you hadn’t remembered :rolleyes::smile:

I won’t be cycling for a while. I may go mad! That meniscus tear was “significant “, whole length/width so there’s a fair bit of stitching. Absence of an ACL means the surgeon was concerned the meniscus repair was vulnerable to looseness of the knee joint. So, I have to wear this brace for 6 weeks while it heals. I wasn’t warned about this beforehand but makes sense. At the moment and for next few weeks the brace will restrict the degree of knee movement to 60 degrees. Then it will be loosened up to allow greater movement. That debris from the cyst and bits of shredded meniscus would apparently fill 3 espresso cups:laugh: Telling me that only made me want coffee:biggrin:

Anyway, so glad to have the operation out the way. As usual, once in a hospital the treatment from all I came across was superb. We really are very very lucky to have out NHS. I certainly felt lucky today.

View attachment 437317 View attachment 437316

Bionic Bobby!! :thumbsup:

Heal fast amigo, and start the new year a fresh!

perswe

Über Member
Just did stage 1.
I think I was asking for more hills the other week. Now I’m not so sure.
xx(

Had a cunning plan. Planned to follow @AAAC 76C up the first hill (almost managed that), then stay clear of @keithaitch number 1 to the next hill (managed that) with the aim to hop on his slipstream for a bit and then try to stay clear of @BILL S and @keithaitch the II. Only problem with that was that I forgot @keithaitch I was doing 50 uphill :banghead:. So no help there. With 3k to go @BILL S caught me and that was the end of that. Asked his ghost to slow down, but apparently he couldn’t hear me. Maybe he heard me yelling ’faster’? I wasn’t. Managed to hold on to the end though.
And then I fell off the bike.

...and tomorrow stage 2. I hope it is hilly!:hyper:

perswe

Über Member
Oh-no.
No stage 2 tomorrow.
Apparently I’m requested to participate in a wedding anniversary dinner. Well, my own. Apparently it is frowned upon not to show up. To be fair, it is only the two of us, so I do see her point. Probably she would not appreciate the otherwise excellent idea (I think) that she could watch me racing. I mean, I like watching other men on a bike, racing. So it should be the perfect date watching me racing, right? Maybe she fears I would not be good enough. She might be right. So I’ll chase ghosts om Friday instead. Do you take requests? If yes- slow and easy please!

bugno

As they say in the states "I am 6s and 7s" meaning I have no idea what new trainer to buy.

I had my eyes fixed on the new kickr core (300USD less than the kickr 18 and a cassette+cadence sensor is much less than 300USD).

However, been reading about the many issues people have had with their new kickr(s).

Advice ? I am back in cycling mode (running injuries) so I will be doing a lot of riding. My bkool turbo is from 2014 and although I have really enjoyed it my new trainer needs to be better.

Thanks in advance !

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
As they say in the states "I am 6s and 7s" meaning I have no idea what new trainer to buy.

I had my eyes fixed on the new kickr core (300USD less than the kickr 18 and a cassette+cadence sensor is much less than 300USD).

However, been reading about the many issues people have had with their new kickr(s).

Advice ? I am back in cycling mode (running injuries) so I will be doing a lot of riding. My bkool turbo is from 2014 and although I have really enjoyed it my new trainer needs to be better.

Thanks in advance !

Welcome back @bugno .. Don’t believe the hype..

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks. I expect to win Kona next year ;)

I just need to figure out what trainer to buy! If the new kickr has all these problems then a used or new neo from last year might be the way forward. Would like to hear what people think though.
Maybe post the same question over on the darkside thread .... a few people over there have bought new trainers recently and can give you good advice. My feelings are, unless you want the Wahoo climb, then the Neo 1 given it's big discount at the moment sounds like a good bet. Neo users love their machines. If I had my time over again I'd get a Neo rather than a Kickr too.

Whorty

the darkside thread being the one about the kickr problems ?
No, the (whisper it), Zwift thread :ph34r: Although the Kickr problems thread is also a good place to read, if only to ensure if you do get a Kickr 18 you know what to look for and what you're getting. Quite a few guys have the Neo, including @rob01792 , @berty bassett , @Del C , @bobinski , @Breedon - I'm sure they'll all give you the pros and cons of the machine.

Just tried Stage 2. Nice and short with a hill but not much over 5%. The max gradient of 13% is a spike. Looking forward to another go on Thurs/Sat!
Hi, new to the forum and rode the first stage of the league the other day. Validation has come back invalid due to inconsistent weight (I am training for the Outlaw next July so am dropping weight, it dropped from 210 to 208) Is there any way I can get this included in the results, I don't fancy riding it again, it was hard enough once!! Sorry if I'm asking the wrong person! Cheers Scott

Whorty

Hi, new to the forum and rode the first stage of the league the other day. Validation has come back invalid due to inconsistent weight (I am training for the Outlaw next July so am dropping weight, it dropped from 210 to 208) Is there any way I can get this included in the results, I don't fancy riding it again, it was hard enough once!! Sorry if I'm asking the wrong person! Cheers Scott
:welcome:

@BILL S is admin for the leagues so can help :okay:

Rod McG

Über Member
I am the wrong person but no problem! I think it should be possible for it to be sorted, I hope so as we need to build up the league!

Top Bottom