Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good riding, was my ghost on?
I never got close enough to see it. I think you fighting Jimmies must have been close on Thursday but Jimmie Brown’s ride isn’t listed in the league but he was just ahead of you on the ranking. If you look at the ranking please note who is first in the USA. ( the only one) It’s all how you parse out the data.

BILL S

Guru
no hangover today so i wont be feeling too masochistic
At least you're not feeling sadistic like you were last week
Good riding, was my ghost on?
All available were there and I think yours was one of them.

shimceltic

Veteran
I never got close enough to see it. I think you fighting Jimmies must have been close on Thursday but Jimmie Brown’s ride isn’t listed in the league but he was just ahead of you on the ranking. If you look at the ranking please note who is first in the USA. ( the only one) It’s all how you parse out the data.
I didn't see Jims ghost or ride time anywhere

B4570AE9-ECEC-433E-A8DE-6CFB0ADC6D2C.jpeg

So you’re saying he didn’t deserve this?

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
This is all speculation I know but I had always assumed that the Pro broadcasts speed as it doesn't have a power meter (along with other similar trainers of different makes) and lets the software estimate power based on this, whilst trainers like the kickr that do have built in PMs broadcast power instead, and let the software calculate speed. I could very much be wrong though! Yeah will be interesting to see the results of TB's test

Speculation again, but it seems most likely that the KICKR would broadcast both speed and power, and allow the software to do whatever it wants with them.

I've often been tempted to look for a protocol analyser and try and reverse engineer the exchanged data. Both the KICKR interface and FE-C are documented interfaces, but I have always presumed you have to apply for the documentation, and possibly pay a fee?

Geoff

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Trouble was, I accepted your ride just before adding the ghosts. It seems to take an hour or so before accepted rides make it onto the list.

Aye, same on UK league too.. right pain.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
what was your time? You had @shimceltic by 6 seconds and me by 38 seconds in stage 2. Stage one was terrible for me so I don't really want to do over but I may have to just to stay competitive.

30.24 seconds.. I was pushing though.. I couldn’t find your ghost @Randyberlin - beat @shimceltic by about 2 minutes.. I had a good CC UK ride too. No fairy dust - just felt pretty good. :training:

30.24 seconds.. I was pushing though.. I couldn’t find your ghost @Randyberlin - beat @shimceltic by about 2 minutes.. I had a good CC UK ride too. No fairy dust - just felt pretty good. :training:
That's not good for me to get off the bottom. You both are gaining fitness so I better start some serious training.
If I start calling French fries, chips and saying "Gor Blimey" will you let me join your UK league?

Top Bottom