Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I'm kind of roughly planing on heading up your way in May.

How exciting.... :hugs:

Randy - have you got a rough route in mind of where you want to head ?
Right now the very rough idea is after the double devil take the ferry from Fishguard to Ireland then head north up the easy coast to a ferry to Saltcoats then quick spin around Scotland and ride back south to fly home from Cardiff on the 31st. The only set things are a hotel in Crosshands for double devil and Komoots bakery locations for scones with clotted cream every 15 miles. Also the change of the name for the full breakfast. I am practicing by adding more and more sausages now to get in shape for the Ulster fry/full Yorkshire/full English/ Full Scottish Breakfast.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Right now the very rough idea is after the double devil take the ferry from Fishguard to Ireland then head north up the easy coast to a ferry to Saltcoats then quick spin around Scotland and ride back south to fly home from Cardiff on the 31st. The only set things are a hotel in Crosshands for double devil and Komoots bakery locations for scones with clotted cream every 15 miles. Also the change of the name for the full breakfast. I am practicing by adding more and more sausages now to get in shape for the Ulster fry/full Yorkshire/full English/ Full Scottish Breakfast.
I am sure Jim would be better able to give you an opinion but for what it’s worth and if your not all ferried out , I nipped to Arran then out the top to Oban and that was one of the best routes I have ever seen ! Just an idea

t5pilot

Hi all, just dug my Bkool Pro trainer out for this winter, it’s version 1, got it all plugged and connected to the simulator but it’s not updating the firmware. It’s showing version 3.06. I’ve read somewhere there’s an update that now allows it to use Bluetooth, is that correct. Is there a way to force the firmware update and what is the current version? Thanks in advance for any help

I am sure Jim would be better able to give you an opinion but for what it’s worth and if your not all ferried out , I nipped to Arran then out the top to Oban and that was one of the best routes I have ever seen ! Just an idea
Yeah. That's a great option. Jim has a 5 ferry ride that avoids Glasgow. But more importantly the full breakfast was available on the ferry. He posted a picture.

CXRAndy

Guru
In Comparison Lee, you got off lightly . A chap in Tenerife came off the road on a technical descent. He spent a week in hospital and had facial reconstruction to basically, stitch his nose back on his face!! :eek:

Not to mention the bruising

€50,000+ hospital bill

berty bassett

Legendary Member
In Comparison Lee, you got off lightly . A chap in Tenerife came off the road on a technical descent. He spent a week in hospital and had facial reconstruction to basically, stitch his nose back on his face!! :eek:

Not to mention the bruising

€50,000+ hospital bill
Not like !
I would hate to spoil my looks and ruin my brad pitt lookalike income
Hope he heals well and will be ok

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Hi all, just dug my Bkool Pro trainer out for this winter, it’s version 1, got it all plugged and connected to the simulator but it’s not updating the firmware. It’s showing version 3.06. I’ve read somewhere there’s an update that now allows it to use Bluetooth, is that correct. Is there a way to force the firmware update and what is the current version? Thanks in advance for any help

If it is a very early Pro around 3.06 will be as far as it will go.
I suffered the same fate. I bought a 'for spares' pro off of ebay with the intention of just using the PCB in my Classic. It was good for one update after getting it and then stopped updating.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

I guess it’s all about how far north @Randyberlin wants to explore, as it’s quite a ride back down to Cardiff... and home. Plus he’s already done the East coast out of Edinburgh..

As you say.. into Stranraer upto Adrossan, over to Arran, clockwise around, out of Lochranza and up towards Oban, or onto Mallaig, over to Skye and then return down through the borders and rejoin the West Coast in England.

It’s a wet coast and the midges may be out if temperatures are good. Berty is right though... absolutely stunning..

Make that two full Scottish breakfasts..

Top Bottom