Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perswe

Über Member

keithaitch

Veteran
Stage 2 CG warmup is 7pm tonight. Race starts 7:10
Me too, but getting my excuses in early, I've got a stinking cold, I blame @perswe

keithaitch

Veteran
Excellent ride gents. Just the right speed for me to keep up and not collapse at the end.
:smile:
I noticed! I had to make to much of an effort to get back on and then unfortunately shot passed you rather than tick on and it was not a flame Rouge so much as a red rag to a couple of bulls! I would have settled for it at the beginning though, the shape I'm in. Lemsip and bed for me

BILL S

Guru
I noticed! I had to make to much of an effort to get back on and then unfortunately shot passed you rather than tick on and it was not a flame Rouge so much as a red rag to a couple of bulls! I would have settled for it at the beginning though, the shape I'm in. Lemsip and bed for me
Haha yes. I think we thought you were making a break for it

perswe

Über Member
Thanks to you both! Difficult to do proper drafting....it seems sometimes we are different tracks completely. Well done there @BILL S, I thought I had it in my pocket but you managed to prepare for the small bump at the end better than I did...

Blob84

Regular
Hi, just a quick question guys. I.am wondering if anyone have compared watts readings from BKool pro 2 against traditional power meters (i.e. stages, rotor, SRM etc).

Cheers

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Hi, just a quick question guys. I.am wondering if anyone have compared watts readings from BKool pro 2 against traditional power meters (i.e. stages, rotor, SRM etc).

Cheers

Yes this has been discussed about 1000 times on various forums including this one. Bkool watts are CALCULATED not MEASURED. These calculations can be correct (rarely) or way too high or too low, depending on the trainer, simulator, route etc.

If you want proper reading buy a real power meter, which measures power at the crank or pedals. Prices start around what you paid for your Bkool Pro 2.

Blob84

Regular
Yes this has been discussed about 1000 times on various forums including this one. Bkool watts are CALCULATED not MEASURED. These calculations can be correct (rarely) or way too high or too low, depending on the trainer, simulator, route etc.

If you want proper reading buy a real power meter, which measures power at the crank or pedals. Prices start around what you paid for your Bkool Pro 2.

Hi, thanks fot the quick reply and my apologies for asking this again (I have found only now the corrctc topic ).
Did my FTP test on the Pro 2 and it seems to be slightly different from the lab test I have taken with SRM system and professional indorbike. Will see what I get once I sort my Rotor InPower on my new bike.
Cheers

perswe

Über Member
:heat: Ok, now I’ve cycled up the hill of the WC stage 5. I think we can now safely establish that I am no mountain goat, arriving a good 22 minutes later than @AAAC 76C . Still it was around what I expected although I had hoped to maybe do it 3-4 minutes faster. Not sure if I should have gone faster the first 10 kms as the hill was not too tough. Maybe something for @BILL S , @keithaitch and @Brusgaard to think about.

Look out for the deadstop 300 meters before the finish line!

Anyway, now I deserve a beer. Yes I do. Beer will make me a great climber. I know it will.
image.jpg

LBHIFI

Veteran
:heat: Ok, now I’ve cycled up the hill of the WC stage 5. I think we can now safely establish that I am no mountain goat, arriving a good 22 minutes later than @AAAC 76C . Still it was around what I expected although I had hoped to maybe do it 3-4 minutes faster. Not sure if I should have gone faster the first 10 kms as the hill was not too tough. Maybe something for @BILL S , @keithaitch and @Brusgaard to think about.

Look out for the deadstop 300 meters before the finish line!

Anyway, now I deserve a beer. Yes I do. Beer will make me a great climber. I know it will.
View attachment 446637
Sorry to disappoint you :cheers:

https://www.cyclechat.net/posts/5346405/

Top Bottom