Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Type it in the search bar
Doesn't seem to be anything on the list there relating to ant+ or any of the turbo hardware or software. I'll hopefully have it fixed soon, but as a precaution, I'd suggest we plan for someone else to start the ride on Thursday.

Also, I have to confess that after a brief conversation with our old friend Adam yesterday, I doubt I'll be on the bkool sim much longer as it sounds like they have a somewhat more popular Chaingang over on the darkside. I'll probably stick it out until the summer mad turbo rush before making my move. I'd suggest you all move too, but if not then happy to help get someone up to speed to take over our CG.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Also, I have to confess that after a brief conversation with our old friend Adam yesterday, I doubt I'll be on the bkool sim much longer as it sounds like they have a somewhat more popular Chaingang over on the darkside. I'll probably stick it out until the summer mad turbo rush before making my move. I'd suggest you all move too, but if not then happy to help get someone up to speed to take over our CG.

I’ll stick to both platforms because:

1) The many different routes on Bkool
2) The easy way to setup a league, a race, ghosts etc. on Bkool
3) Lots of different leagues/challenges all year round

The Chain gang on Zwift is a bit of a mess currently, relying on the meetup feature, Strava segments, an Excel spreadsheet and what not...

shimceltic

Veteran
I like the bkool format for the varied routes and there is always something worth joining if you log in randomly With the movistar link up hopefully they improve and innovate further. No idea how good zwift is as I wasted my free trial

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The Chain gang on Zwift is a bit of a mess currently, relying on the meetup feature, Strava segments, an Excel spreadsheet and what not...

It does rely on all of those things brusgaard. But using all those things it is working very well. No software glitches etc. No lost rides. No crazy readings. I’ve not seen any complaints from the guys doing it since it begin. And we’re finding different courses and routes to make it nice and varied.

I know some of you guys want to stay with Bkool. And our quite honestly sick of the guys using Zwift coming in here and bashing Bkool. I get that completely and I don’t want to offend anyone. But I’m someone who has been highly skeptical about some of Zwift gimmicks and features. And I’m very much enjoying the chaingang on Zwift. 15 odd regulars I think is making it good fun. And Bkool trainers to work on Zwift. Not perfect but definitely good enough within reason.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It does rely on all of those things brusgaard. But using all those things it is working very well. No software glitches etc. No lost rides. No crazy readings. I’ve not seen any complaints from the guys doing it since it begin. And we’re finding different courses and routes to make it nice and varied.

I know some of you guys want to stay with Bkool. And our quite honestly sick of the guys using Zwift coming in here and bashing Bkool. I get that completely and I don’t want to offend anyone. But I’m someone who has been highly skeptical about some of Zwift gimmicks and features. And I’m very much enjoying the chaingang on Zwift. 15 odd regulars I think is making it good fun. And Bkool trainers to work on Zwift. Not perfect but definitely good enough within reason.

Yes, of course it kinda works, but still a lot of manual work for Paul, Pete and everyone who is not riding at the agreed time.

Zwift has glitches as well, make no mistake about that, but probably not as many as Bkool. I’m just not sure if the glitches are related to the trainer or the software. Probably a bit of both.

I think this week was meetup no. 3 or 4, so of course there is still quite a few routes to ride, which no one has done before. But around 6.000 km into Zwift, I think I’ve ridden most of the roads if not all of them in some form, race, free ride, group ride etc.

The gimmicks/powerups will never make it a fair race, as long as they are completely random, and I don’t think you can disable those in a meetup?

Racing on Zwift or Bkool using different powersources/trainers again would never be fair/equal. How would a race in BSIM be, if everyone was riding say a Neo 2? I don’t think we would see the same mysterious results.

Yes the Bkool trainer works on Zwift, but any results done with it as a powersource, is prone to the same “less than accurate” watts (i.e. crazy readings) seen in BSIM. But in BSIM the watts are not that relevant, where as on Zwift they are “everything”.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
That’s a bit harsh! It’s working really well thanks to Pete and Bridgy - it’s an alternative and well worth trying.. We are very welcoming :okay:

Compared to Bkool, I think it is messy. Bill can setup a Bkool league with say 5 stages for the month, and wouldn’t even have to ride any of them, and everyone can do them, whenever they feel like it. The only thing Bill would have to do is approve rides (and maybe even only re-runs).

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Also, if you come over you get to hear about Whorty’s weight loss, if you are lucky my old knee ( though I don’t mention it much nowadays) and share stories of bravery and defeat as well as the usual banter. All welcome!
Did someone mention weight loss :laugh:

I know we’ve been over this many times. I love BKOOL for lots of reasons ...the videos and making routes etc... I only ride to get in shape for my annual tour but have fallen into the competitive fun side.
What I’m suggesting is we invite the other riders who drop in the races to join the league.
I’ll add a comment with a link to this thread fir the guy who was in today’s race. On his BKOOL page.

Nevermind. It doesn't let you post a comment on his wall.
Screenshot_2019-03-16-15-31-29.png

keithaitch

Veteran
Doesn't seem to be anything on the list there relating to ant+ or any of the turbo hardware or software. I'll hopefully have it fixed soon, but as a precaution, I'd suggest we plan for someone else to start the ride on Thursday.

I too will be sticking with bkool and will happily set up the monthly league and do the associated approval of rides. The only problem I foresee is the Saturday reruns which I virtually never do would need a starter. @Randyberlin could you take on that role, it's easy once you've done it once or twice and know what time it is in the rest of the world! I hope the lack of responsibility means that @BILL S could continue to join us as I'll be really sad to not ride with ,or more accurately just behind you. I understand the frustration but the mix of video and races is perfect for me for my twice weekly forays into the virtual world. @BILL S shall we start a private conversation so you can tell me how to set up a league and I'll set up April's.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yes, of course it kinda works, but still a lot of manual work for Paul, Pete and everyone who is not riding at the agreed time.

Zwift has glitches as well, make no mistake about that, but probably not as many as Bkool. I’m just not sure if the glitches are related to the trainer or the software. Probably a bit of both.

I think this week was meetup no. 3 or 4, so of course there is still quite a few routes to ride, which no one has done before. But around 6.000 km into Zwift, I think I’ve ridden most of the roads if not all of them in some form, race, free ride, group ride etc.

The gimmicks/powerups will never make it a fair race, as long as they are completely random, and I don’t think you can disable those in a meetup?

Racing on Zwift or Bkool using different powersources/trainers again would never be fair/equal. How would a race in BSIM be, if everyone was riding say a Neo 2? I don’t think we would see the same mysterious results.

Yes the Bkool trainer works on Zwift, but any results done with it as a powersource, is prone to the same “less than accurate” watts (i.e. crazy readings) seen in BSIM. But in BSIM the watts are not that relevant, where as on Zwift they are “everything”.

Yes Bkool “probably” has more glitches then Zwift :laugh:

Like I said I really don’t want to offend anyone here by doing the whole bashing Bkool thing. It’s ironic we come back here because we want you to join us. But end up leaving you pissed off and maybe resentful.

But Brisgaard I honestly think you would argue the world is flat with a straight face if you wanted to!

There are races full every Thursday on Zwift. So far zero issues in four races that were t user error. I’m going on holiday for a couple weeks (I may of mentioned that before). When I am back it would be the best welcome home to see some of you guys racing with us. Well, that and not getting burgled!

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Compared to Bkool, I think it is messy. Bill can setup a Bkool league with say 5 stages for the month, and wouldn’t even have to ride any of them, and everyone can do them, whenever they feel like it. The only thing Bill would have to do is approve rides (and maybe even only re-runs).

I am not sure that’s an argument for not joining us on our chain gang races. Bridgy arrranges the meet ups and Pete kindly filters the league. The only thing anyone has to do is join Zwift, let bridgy know their user name get an invite and accept and turn up and the same goes for anyone who wants to join us. I have been careful NOT to diss bkool- it would just be nice to see old combatants and friends join us:hugs:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Yes Bkool “probably” has more glitches then Zwift :laugh:

Like I said I really don’t want to offend anyone here by doing the whole bashing Bkool thing. It’s ironic we come back here because we are very fond of you guys and want you to join us. But end up leaving you pissed off and maybe resentful.

But Brisgaard I honestly think you would argue the world is flat with a straight face if you wanted to!

Nobody’s offended (I think) but facts are facts. Real private races are NOT POSSIBLE on Zwift, period.

I like racing on Zwift as well, but with 100s of random riders on course in meetups, it is never gonna be like a Bkool one. You quickly loose track of everyone, and end up riding without knowing who (and how much) is in front or behind you. If a rider joins outside the Meetup because of glitches etc. it is even worse as they are not highlighted.

On Bkool YOU get the choice to ride whatever route you want, be a it one of the famous climbs or your private backyard training route. You can join the race late if in a pinch, and still be on the leaderboard. Password protect the races so that noone outside the “gang” can influence the race outcome, and you have a real private race like you would in a club ride IRL.

Doing a Zwift league is a bit cumbersome for everyone involved, agreed? That goes for both the official racing leagues (setup via Zwift HQ) and these manual spreadsheet ones.

Sure I would argue the world is flat, if I had the facts to back it up.

Top Bottom