Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am still not going to diss bkool- there’s no need. Zwift can be an alternative to or an addition to bkool. The chain gang races and league are up and running and bar Tommy’s ( :rolleyes: ) user error issues working without issue. That long list above of things to find fault hardly impacts at all on the user experience when we are racing. Racing amongst competitive online mates is all that matters- we hope to see more of you join us.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Nobody’s offended (I think) but facts are facts. Real private races are NOT POSSIBLE on Zwift, period.

I like racing on Zwift as well, but with 100s of random riders on course in meetups, it is never gonna be like a Bkool one. You quickly loose track of everyone, and end up riding without knowing who (and how much) is in front or behind you. If a rider joins outside the Meetup because of glitches etc. it is even worse as they are not highlighted.

On Bkool YOU get the choice to ride whatever route you want, be a it one of the famous climbs or your private backyard training route. You can join the race late if in a pinch, and still be on the leaderboard. Password protect the races so that noone outside the “gang” can influence the race outcome, and you have a real private race like you would in a club ride IRL.

Doing a Zwift league is a bit cumbersome for everyone involved, agreed? That goes for both the official racing leagues (setup via Zwift HQ) and these manual spreadsheet ones.

Sure I would argue the world is flat, if I had the facts to back it up.

People have become upset in the past about guys coming on here bashing Bkool. And like I said I’m not trying to throw more fuel in that fire. I’m not going to get into a debate about the relative pros and cons of Bkool vs Zwift either. That had been done a million times. I was laughing at you because of your ‘probably’ comment. Which is very funny to anyone who has used Bkool.

Look. Zwift is full of people like me. Who tried very hard to get Bkool to work but just couldn’t because it has way to many issues to be fun. Stick with Bkool by all means. But the evidence speaks for itelf. The numbers in Bkool chaingang get smaller and smaller and on Zwift the numbers are getting bigger. It’s not because we all like playing mario kart!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
morning all
just to add my little bit - again not here to have a go at bkool - i havent tried setting up a meeting yet but i can't see that it is any harder than when you set up a race in bkool . we set up our own meet ups as its good fun to ride with old mates ( no offence bob ) and i can only echo what others have said that it would be good to have more of us all together damn near the same as it used to be
i think it will only be a matter of time before they decide to make meet ups completly private , but in any case we all have a nemesis that is nearly always either just seconds away either in front or behind so very visible
i never used to use the video in bkool so being in cartoon world doesn't make any difference to me
the power ups is easily solved - agree not to use them ( i am not even sure you can use in a meet up )
love to you all x

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I like riding on a car into an upside down lake and then straight into a bridge.

That’s why I miss Bkool so much! :laugh:

(Seriously, I do miss that!)

That’s what happens if relying on GPS data, both in real and virtual life. :smile: Height data (when recorded by the bicycle GPS) is not very accurate, and I have seen that multiple times IRL. Riding a route on a clear blue sky day, and next time on a day with low hanging heavy clouds shows quite a difference, at least on my old Garmin 705. :smile:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
That’s what happens if relying on GPS data, both in real and virtual life. :smile: Height data (when recorded by the bicycle GPS) is not very accurate, and I have seen that multiple times IRL. Riding a route on a clear blue sky day, and next time on a day with low hanging heavy clouds shows quite a difference, at least on my old Garmin 705. :smile:

In my experience customers prefer it when you solve a problem, not just tell them what the problem is. Although to be fair Bkool often don’t do either.

Look I don’t want to get drawn into this any further. We all know the pros and cons. Have a good day all!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
To add something that Brusgaard mentioned as a negative in Zwift, and to some it is but for me I see it as a positive .... in Meetup Mode it's not private, in that we are on courses with all other Zwift riders. As someone who was always at the back in Bkool, and hence from the off I was effectively riding on my own, now on Zwift I'm always riding with someone and it (for me) makes it more interesting. I like this because I don't like to be on my own ,... that's when the voices take over :o)

Zwift will never be for everyone, neither will Bkool, BRVR, Sufferfest or whatever. Pick your poison, enjoy the riding, and lets have fun. I just hope enough of you stay on Zwift so as I get fitter and lighter (did I mention how much weight I've lost) I can start to pick you off one by one during racing :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
The phrase “ don’t bring me problems bring me solutions” comes to mind.

Also, I like the mario kart thing enough to suggest we are all named after characters in the game:smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
And just in case any of you are single..

FAEB536D-30AF-4CDA-9C2D-9BE070838053.png

Attachments

• 32F94161-44C8-4007-9879-E5F4AAC24ECC.png
    32F94161-44C8-4007-9879-E5F4AAC24ECC.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
Top Bottom