Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
First ride since the redesign and apart from choosing the wrong version of this week's ride so only one of my many ghost, unfortunately a slow one! I enjoyed it. The graphics are definitely sharper and the display at the bottom better. However, the speed fluctuated a bit too much, within a limited range a bit too sensitive. The distance to go on the particular gradient you are on, bottom right, counts down from 1km in meters but it just shows 1km from 1.9999kms to 1 km, tenth of a km would be nice above 1. I rode the video and it didn't lag once. All in all a good improvement and coupled with the improvement in connection we experienced about a year ago mean I would definitely recommend bkool again for anybody wanting a full indoor experience and not just racing. Now they just need to give me the last km super sprint speed that @BILL S seems to have. Btw @perswe says he'll be back at the end of October. I'm happy doing league admin so let's keep this going guys and have a great winter!

I’ve been kicked out To the shed., I’ve been putting It off for a long time dreading putting up insulation but it turns out it is no longer fiberglass. It wasn’t that bad at all.

Attachments

• D79C0C81-9430-46FA-AA6F-797179F2C378.jpeg
    D79C0C81-9430-46FA-AA6F-797179F2C378.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 8

CXRAndy

Guru

Quite an admission

"
Power correction in Pro / Pro2

The entire Bkool community is aware that the measurement of watts in these trainers was not, to date, very accurate."

Good to hear

Speed calculation

For this new version, the speed is calculated based on power, whether the home trainer is Bkool or not. It is likely that if you have a Bkool trainer at home you have already noticed a change concerning this data. The conditions are now more aligned with reality, but this is only the beginning and we will continue to improve

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

keithaitch

Veteran
Quite an admission

"
Power correction in Pro / Pro2

The entire Bkool community is aware that the measurement of watts in these trainers was not, to date, very accurate."

Good to hear

Speed calculation

For this new version, the speed is calculated based on power, whether the home trainer is Bkool or not. It is likely that if you have a Bkool trainer at home you have already noticed a change concerning this data. The conditions are now more aligned with reality, but this is only the beginning and we will continue to improve
Any chance you coming back and joining us on Thursday nights, we miss you, or at least we miss you putting the hurt on @AAAC 76C! Same goes for you @TurboTommy!

keithaitch

Veteran
Roglic.
Fecking brilliant.
And that Paddy Podgycar.
They took it to Uncle Vinnies CC and Moodystar.
I love Slovenia!
Is the new Columbia!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Any chance you coming back and joining us on Thursday nights, we miss you, or at least we miss you putting the hurt on @AAAC 76C! Same goes for you @TurboTommy!

Hi Keith

Never say never! Although giving aaac competition might be a little optimistic. If they do level the playing field I’d love to come back and join the odd race with you guys if I’m free on a Saturday. There could be a chance it’s too little too late generally though unfortunately. It wouldn’t surprise me if we have 20+ riders racing on Thursdays in Zwift this winter. So Bkool may have missed the boat a little bit.

just look at all those bikes - you have a problem sir
It wasn’t meant to show off my 3 bikes (The 1988 is older than your son) but the great insulation job I did. It’s a little sad that my collection can be captured with a single cell photo zoomed in whereas yours takes a full 10 minutes with a drone from 1000 feet.

Edit. Seriously if I put up chip board should I leave the plastic under it? The outside has house wrap under the t11.

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It wasn’t meant to show off my 3 bikes (The 1988 is older than your son) but the great insulation job I did. It’s a little sad that my collection can be captured with a single cell photo zoomed in whereas yours takes a full 10 minutes with a drone from 1000 feet.

Edit. Seriously if I put up chip board should I leave the plastic under it? The outside has house wrap under the t11.
You worried about condensation ? I would have thought it would be ok - the insulation should stop any cold spots that cause it - but I will ask Adam see what he thinks

Top Bottom