Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You worried about condensation ? I would have thought it would be ok - the insulation should stop any cold spots that cause it - but I will ask Adam see what he thinks
Yeah I didnt know if the house wrap (tyvex) and plastic inside would trap the moisture between them. I have screen over the open open ends of the eves on the ceiling but the walls wouldn’t have any vents. We do live in a rain forest. Thanks for the professional advice. Is this on the clock. Consult fees?

shimceltic

Veteran
Tomorrows stage looks fun, when it takes dark 40mins I know I'm in for a long night. Energy gels at the ready

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Yeah I didnt know if the house wrap (tyvex) and plastic inside would trap the moisture between them. I have screen over the open open ends of the eves on the ceiling but the walls wouldn’t have any vents. We do live in a rain forest. Thanks for the professional advice. Is this on the clock. Consult fees?
i would go for it - adam says much the same , if its vented a bit outside then there shouldnt be an issue - but i don't live in a rain forest !

keithaitch

Veteran
As the league is up and running, hurrah! I'll try to approve rides on a twice daily basis, morning and night, but feel free to nudge me if either I forget, or you want your time approved to see just how far you are now behind whoever is your personal bete noire.

JJRobinson

As the league is up and running, hurrah! I'll try to approve rides on a twice daily basis, morning and night, but feel free to nudge me if either I forget, or you want your time approved to see just how far you are now behind whoever is your personal bete noire.
Thanks Keith...
I redone first one again last night. I added your ghost, AAC, Dark and a few others. I was over a minute ahead of yours when I finished and probably around the same behind AAC. However the new time I got (which was actually worse) would put you ahead of me - Anybody any idea how that happens when that wasn’t the case in the SIM?
Cheers

BILL S

Guru
Damn you bill, email of shame but only 2 mins..... Either I've improved or the new software has slowed you down and I did it on the old software. I'm guessing it's the new software.
It wasn't easy shim. I found the new software seemed to hold me back especially at the start. I was off in last place and it took ages to catch you. I even had the lapdogs there to help out but it was like riding in glue compared to the last version. It'll be interesting to see if this makes our times closer than before or not.

shimceltic

Veteran
Thanks Keith...
I redone first one again last night. I added your ghost, AAC, Dark and a few others. I was over a minute ahead of yours when I finished and probably around the same behind AAC. However the new time I got (which was actually worse) would put you ahead of me - Anybody any idea how that happens when that wasn’t the case in the SIM?
Cheers
On the Bkool site the time will be the full time spent in the activity including warm up and down. The ride when accepted should only use the time from start to finish

keithaitch

Veteran
well a few of you have used the new software now - what do you think ? are you all on bkools or has anyone used a different turbo on it yet ?
I've used it twice, third time tonight, and as with @BILL S found it slower than before. I'm in pretty good shape, for me, and was pushing it yesterday and was 10% down on previous best. What I did notice is that when I used stand and push hard I got a big increase in speed, not any more. But, in general I think it's a good improvement. See you all tonight 19:00 cet, 18:00 UK time.

keithaitch

Veteran
Thanks Keith...
Cheers
The only thing I can think of is that you had a different ghost of mine from a previous ride of the same route.

keithaitch

Veteran
well a few of you have used the new software now - what do you think ? are you all on bkools or has anyone used a different turbo on it yet ?
One other thing, the font seems a little smaller so some is harder to see on my little 14inch portable screen. So either I'm getting old, no cure, or I need to buy a new 55 inch TV for my cave. I'll ask but I know the answer!

Top Bottom