Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tried out the new sim last night on a couple of runs, including the CG league.

I noticed a significant difference in how it performed, which included a much closer to reality than of recent years - not sure whether magic dust is still available? Never got it anyway.

The screen presentation is sharper and easy to read. Navigation is easy including the search tool. I liked having the ability to review the basic analytics after the ride on screen. On one ride I closed the sim without saving and on reloading, it recognised the past ride and asked me if I wanted to keep it.. this is nice if you have poor tinterweb like what I have.

I cycled just short of 20 miles in the league run last night and it was very difficult/almost impossible for me to get anywhere near the old watts of Yesterbkool. I averaged around 17mph over a flat course which was still higher than I could manage in the RW - and that was without any drafting (fat lad at the back). Having said that, much much closer to real world.

Bkool is far more honest now. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up V machines with power meters etc..
The good news is it effects us all the same. I'm guessing the real difference I'll be paying for is on the hills. On this week's level ride I kept about 150 watts for the first half then ran out of steam. So if I drop the weight and get in better shape i may not be that far behind you. I'm working on a way to spam @shimceltic with dessert advertising.

@shimceltic .
Feeling a little hungry? Go on treat yourself. You deserve it.
Screenshot_2019-09-13-06-35-05.png

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
The good news is it effects us all the same. I'm guessing the real difference I'll be paying for is on the hills. On this week's level ride I kept about 150 watts for the first half then ran out of steam. So if I drop the weight and get in better shape i may not be that far behind you. I'm working on a way to spam @shimceltic with dessert advertising.

I was struggling to do 150 watts. On any slope over 4% - out of the saddle.

I am not cardio fit though. You and me would be good riding partners - @shimceltic is way ahead noo.. like @Whorty

Brusgaard

Über Guru
@Brusgaard .
Are you starting the race this morning?

No, I’m starting it this evening :tongue: It’s 6 PM here in Denmark at warm-up start, you know.

However, I’m having a hard time finding the ghosts. So far Keith and I are the only real CycleChat riders from Thursday added. Would like to add everyone in the league, but no luck so far... That search function when scheduling is still FUBAR.

Last edited:
No, I’m starting it this evening :tongue: It’s 6 PM here in Denmark at warm-up start, you know.

However, I’m having a hard time finding the ghosts. So far Keith and I are the real CycleChat riders from Thursday added. Would like to add everyone in the league, but no luck so far... That search function when scheduling is still FUBAR.
I'm glad you didn't add my ghost. It would only clog my in box with emails of shame.

@Brusgaard - if you can find my ghost from Thursday it will be company for @Randyberlin :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Please don’t. It will only depress me. I was hoping you were on live today so I could try to keep up for the first 10 miles. On my attempt on Thursday I did ok until the second lap. Then ran out of steam. I’ll try today to even it out.

Edit: you’re already 8 minutes ahead of me.

Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
@Brusgaard - if you can find my ghost from Thursday it will be company for @Randyberlin :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

Please don’t. It will only depress me. I was hoping you were on live today so I could try to keep up for the first 10 miles. On my attempt on Thursday I did ok until the second lap. Then ran out of steam. I’ll try today to even it out.

Edit: you’re already 8 minutes ahead of me.[/QUOTE]

Just tuck in behind my wheel Randy, I go even pace all the way. :bicycle::bicycle:

I’m bailing... way slower than Thursday. Slug ride today. I have to go to work for a few hours today, and at this rate I would still be on the bike. It showed over an hour to go.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Well that was crap. Paired everything and started the session. Speed would not go past 16-20 km/h and watts not above 65, even if I was going at 100 RPM.
Turned off the Bkool Pro, to see if that helped, but then it lost connection completely and never regained, and the screen numbers were stuck at 49watts and 16.5 km/h. Only my Garmin cadence sensor worked after that.

Left the session and went to re-pair, which succeded but speed stayed at 0 (still on the pairing screen) and watts still very low. Re-paired which got speed working, however it was around 30 km/h at 50 watts. Not good!

Rebooted computer, turned off/on the Pro again and tried to re-pair. Now it wouldn't even find the Bkool Pro. :banghead:

Exited Bkool, started Zwift, paired everything and started riding. Speed up until I hit 250-300 watts, and things seemed normal.

Exited Zwift, started Bkool and joined the session as spectator, to see that @Randyberlin was 6 minutes ahead of @JJRobinson, but riding at around 60-75 watts.

Tried to message him, but you could only write/paint messages without "space" in them, so that function is now broken too. :banghead:

Shut down the computer and all, and left the shed...

Thursday on the Neo, everything was fine.... Don't we all just love Bkool….

Last edited:
Top Bottom