Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
No ganging up on me
:rofl:

keithaitch

Veteran
I've just ridden this week's stage and if you thought it was going to be tough you were about half way right. Prepare for some double digit death and destruction. I rode it in video as I wanted to see again roads I did as a teenager with my father when we used to go to the lakes every Easter.
Typical English roads, short very very sharp climbs, none of those namby pamby continental hairpin rubbish just up and over and straight down the other side.
The first climb is the steepest, the second tops out at km 11.6 and the last just seemed to not want to end, though there is little 200m respite half way up and the last 400m are much flatter.
I just wanted to ride tempo and did, but the climbs are so hard that even that was knackering. Thursday should be fun! That said it's a great training ride and I've saved it as a favorite to use again this winter.
I think 3D is better if you want to see and draft people as the indicator for people around you in the top centre of the screen is usually in the sky on video and so hard to see. Also the video indicators of riders just in front of you seen to disappear after about 30/40 minutes of a video feed so its much harder to draft.
See you all on Thursday.

shimceltic

Veteran
I've just ridden this week's stage and if you thought it was going to be tough you were about half way right. Prepare for some double digit death and destruction. I rode it in video as I wanted to see again roads I did as a teenager with my father when we used to go to the lakes every Easter.
Typical English roads, short very very sharp climbs, none of those namby pamby continental hairpin rubbish just up and over and straight down the other side.
The first climb is the steepest, the second tops out at km 11.6 and the last just seemed to not want to end, though there is little 200m respite half way up and the last 400m are much flatter.
I just wanted to ride tempo and did, but the climbs are so hard that even that was knackering. Thursday should be fun! That said it's a great training ride and I've saved it as a favorite to use again this winter.
I think 3D is better if you want to see and draft people as the indicator for people around you in the top centre of the screen is usually in the sky on video and so hard to see. Also the video indicators of riders just in front of you seen to disappear after about 30/40 minutes of a video feed so its much harder to draft.
See you all on Thursday.
How long did it take you and what's the length?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Quick Q regarding Bsim as been a bit since I used it. Can you set 'realism' of gradients lower than 100% like in Zwift? Not to make you go faster, but to reduce the need to change gear as much. So a 10% gradient could be made to 'feel' like a 5% (for e.g.) although the speed would be the same as that is based on power output.

shimceltic

Veteran
Quick Q regarding Bsim as been a bit since I used it. Can you set 'realism' of gradients lower than 100% like in Zwift? Not to make you go faster, but to reduce the need to change gear as much. So a 10% gradient could be made to 'feel' like a 5% (for e.g.) although the speed would be the same as that is based on power output.
You can set erg which I think does something similar

Brusgaard

Über Guru

No. Only solution is slope reduction, but that is of course not the same, and also available in previous versions.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
See you all on Thursday.

I also did it this evening but in 3D - I also did it tempo but unlike you.. it took me about an hour n 20. :B):heat:

Edit: great graphics in 3D.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
No. Only solution is slope reduction, but that is of course not the same, and also available in previous versions.
I remember the slope reduction but never used it so wasn't sure if that gave you the same effect as 'realism' in Zwift. So does slope reduction just reduce the slow, such that your speed increases?

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
221BCAF6-022C-44D7-8583-FFC72F4F9D0D.png

Jim, didn't realise you did the stage. Looks v hard

Top Bottom