Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I remember the slope reduction but never used it so wasn't sure if that gave you the same effect as 'realism' in Zwift. So does slope reduction just reduce the slow, such that your speed increases?

Haven’t used it, but I think it does what I says, That is, a 50% reduction would make a 10% percent climb a 5% one, probably meaning half the effort required to climb some of those (video) routes. Not the same as in Zwift where the same effort is needed (in watts) but just in another gear.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I've just ridden this week's stage and if you thought it was going to be tough you were about half way right. Prepare for some double digit death and destruction. I rode it in video as I wanted to see again roads I did as a teenager with my father when we used to go to the lakes every Easter.
Typical English roads, short very very sharp climbs, none of those namby pamby continental hairpin rubbish just up and over and straight down the other side.
The first climb is the steepest, the second tops out at km 11.6 and the last just seemed to not want to end, though there is little 200m respite half way up and the last 400m are much flatter.
I just wanted to ride tempo and did, but the climbs are so hard that even that was knackering. Thursday should be fun! That said it's a great training ride and I've saved it as a favorite to use again this winter.
I think 3D is better if you want to see and draft people as the indicator for people around you in the top centre of the screen is usually in the sky on video and so hard to see. Also the video indicators of riders just in front of you seen to disappear after about 30/40 minutes of a video feed so its much harder to draft.
See you all on Thursday.

The first climb is the steepest, Keithaitch I know.
The first climb is the steepest.

Marco72

Greetings! Bkool Newbie here (just over a month on), looking to find friends on there (fellow Australians particularly) and searching for advice on groups to join (cos its hard to search for them on there) and leagues appropriate to my skill level (very low as im a bigger guy). also wondering what groups to join for choice of kit on your avatar, cos i want to change mine up but not a lot of the strips in the 'shop' look great so far. that and Hi, hi everybody ^_^

shimceltic

Veteran
Hi, we have a league on here that someone will link you up with. I found myself just doing rides that had high numbers and when you log into bkool via the Web on your history it will show other leagues you may have ridden in, I just join any!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Greetings! Bkool Newbie here (just over a month on), looking to find friends on there (fellow Australians particularly) and searching for advice on groups to join (cos its hard to search for them on there) and leagues appropriate to my skill level (very low as im a bigger guy). also wondering what groups to join for choice of kit on your avatar, cos i want to change mine up but not a lot of the strips in the 'shop' look great so far. that and Hi, hi everybody ^_^

:welcome:

keithaitch

Veteran
Marco, the Chaingang league has one ride a week with live sessions of that ride on Thursday at 19:00 and Saturday at 17:00 European time. As many of us as possible try to do the rides then but if not complete the ride when we can. I start the Thursday ride so if at that time you search for a ride with my name, Keithaitch then you will join the session with the rest of us. We have a wide range of abilities so somebody will be at your level for you to develop a healthy rivalry with. The sessions are usually between 20 minutes to just over an hour for the long ones, this obviously depends on your ability. We chat here about the rides, but chat here is not limited to that. Hope you can join us. Any questions ask here.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

https://my.bkool.com/group/show/279047

CycleChat league.. enjoyed by most, varied and interesting for most, never discussed by anyone. Let the league do the talking.

Marco72

Marco, the Chaingang league has one ride a week with live sessions of that ride on Thursday at 19:00 and Saturday at 17:00 European time. As many of us as possible try to do the rides then but if not complete the ride when we can. I start the Thursday ride so if at that time you search for a ride with my name, Keithaitch then you will join the session with the rest of us. We have a wide range of abilities so somebody will be at your level for you to develop a healthy rivalry with. The sessions are usually between 20 minutes to just over an hour for the long ones, this obviously depends on your ability. We chat here about the rides, but chat here is not limited to that. Hope you can join us. Any questions ask here.

Thanks mate! Have had a look around and cant find the Chaingang one. i found a couple of links on here but they say the page is unavailable (might had something change with them when they did the update recently, could someone hit me up with a link for that one please ^_^

Top Bottom