Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well that was crap. Paired everything and started the session. Speed would not go past 16-20 km/h and watts not above 65, even if I was going at 100 RPM.
Turned off the Bkool Pro, to see if that helped, but then it lost connection completely and never regained, and the screen numbers were stuck at 49watts and 16.5 km/h. Only my Garmin cadence sensor worked after that.

Left the session and went to re-pair, which succeded but speed stayed at 0 (still on the pairing screen) and watts still very low. Re-paired which got speed working, however it was around 30 km/h at 50 watts. Not good!

Rebooted computer, turned off/on the Pro again and tried to re-pair. Now it wouldn't even find the Bkool Pro. :banghead:

Exited Bkool, started Zwift, paired everything and started riding. Speed up until I hit 250-300 watts, and things seemed normal.

Exited Zwift, started Bkool and joined the session as spectator, to see that @Randyberlin was 6 minutes ahead of @JJRobinson, but riding at around 60-75 watts.

Tried to message him, but you could only write/paint messages without "space" in them, so that function is now broken too. :banghead:

Shut down the computer and all, and left the shed...

Thursday on the Neo, everything was fine.... Don't we all just love Bkool….
What!! If I knew that I would have continued and pretended I deserved it. There is definitely a much lower watt reading for effort. I warmed up in Swift and it was reading much higher. But on my 52 11 with a 78 cadence I'm only putting out 120 watts and 16 mph.
I don't mind if everybody's the same because it makes me work harder. I imagine they'll be tweaking the algorithm soon.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
What!! If I knew that I would have continued and pretended I deserved it. There is definitely a much lower watt reading for effort. I warmed up in Swift and it was reading much higher. But on my 52 11 with a 78 cadence I'm only putting out 120 watts and 16 mph.
I don't mind if everybody's the same because it makes me work harder. I imagine they'll be tweaking the algorithm soon.

Yes I’m the same. Bout 120 watts for 16-17mph.

I did the 1st stage with your ghost this evening Randy. Caught you up at around 3.5 miles and continued to ride on. By the time I was close to the line, your ghost was about a mile back-ish..... however... according to the stats, I finished about 30 seconds in front of you.. :wacko::eek:

Still enjoyed the ride but a tad odd me thinks..

Yes I’m the same. Bout 120 watts for 16-17mph.

I did the 1st stage with your ghost this evening Randy. Caught you up at around 3.5 miles and continued to ride on. By the time I was close to the line, your ghost was about a mile back-ish..... however... according to the stats, I finished about 30 seconds in front of you.. :wacko::eek:

Still enjoyed the ride but a tad odd me thinks..
Now I’m really liking this new sim. You’re just assuming I didn’t put on a big sprint and finish that last mile in 30 seconds.

This is what counts!

Screenshot_2019-09-14-11-59-04.png

Rod McG

Über Member
Well that was crap. Paired everything and started the session. Speed would not go past 16-20 km/h and watts not above 65, even if I was going at 100 RPM.
Turned off the Bkool Pro, to see if that helped, but then it lost connection completely and never regained, and the screen numbers were stuck at 49watts and 16.5 km/h. Only my Garmin cadence sensor worked after that.

Left the session and went to re-pair, which succeded but speed stayed at 0 (still on the pairing screen) and watts still very low. Re-paired which got speed working, however it was around 30 km/h at 50 watts. Not good!

Rebooted computer, turned off/on the Pro again and tried to re-pair. Now it wouldn't even find the Bkool Pro. :banghead:

Exited Bkool, started Zwift, paired everything and started riding. Speed up until I hit 250-300 watts, and things seemed normal.

Exited Zwift, started Bkool and joined the session as spectator, to see that @Randyberlin was 6 minutes ahead of @JJRobinson, but riding at around 60-75 watts.

Tried to message him, but you could only write/paint messages without "space" in them, so that function is now broken too. :banghead:

Shut down the computer and all, and left the shed...

Thursday on the Neo, everything was fine.... Don't we all just love Bkool….

Very interesting. I plan to get back indoors at the end of the month. I thought that one of the changes was that BKOOL could now talk to a power meter. Has anyone tried this, and does it give a better result?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I tried out the new sim last night on a couple of runs, including the CG league.

I noticed a significant difference in how it performed, which included a much closer to reality than of recent years - not sure whether magic dust is still available? Never got it anyway.

The screen presentation is sharper and easy to read. Navigation is easy including the search tool. I liked having the ability to review the basic analytics after the ride on screen. On one ride I closed the sim without saving and on reloading, it recognised the past ride and asked me if I wanted to keep it.. this is nice if you have poor tinterweb like what I have.

I cycled just short of 20 miles in the league run last night and it was very difficult/almost impossible for me to get anywhere near the old watts of Yesterbkool. I averaged around 17mph over a flat course which was still higher than I could manage in the RW - and that was without any drafting (fat lad at the back). Having said that, much much closer to real world.

Bkool is far more honest now. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up V machines with power meters etc..
Oy ... stop trying to tempt us back :ninja:

OK, I agree, would be interesting to see if the NEO, Kickr etc have a chance in races now :okay:

I think you must have done... perhaps the Randy ghost was not a Randy ghost at all.. ;)
Looking at our stats we were very close on that stage. The only big difference is cadence. Even before the update my cadence always cuts in half on any climb. I always assumed it was when th r pro couldn't generate the resistance. Or my pedaling is so uneven it reads it wrong. I'm ordering a separate cadence sensor. I had one but lost it On a real world ride.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
So, bkool is still fecked?

For some yes. Mostly those on a Bkool (Pro only?) trainer. Lots of posts on their Facebook page and on the Danish page too.

Like I wrote, my Thursday ride went OK on the Neo with close to Zwift watts, Albeit a bit lower than expected given the flat route, at least compared to my normal Bkool/Zwift watts on such a route.

@Randyberlin perhaps we will need to agree a day/time to complete CG3 and work together? :hugs:
My real job is taking me to New Mexico on Friday to haul the 8x10 camera around for my real boss. (She is hoping to shoot black and white on Route 66) In the mean time today’s commute on my second job may have me stuck in Kake.

Attachments

• E57A12CC-F86C-4C08-91F0-DFCF77EA82B7.jpeg
    E57A12CC-F86C-4C08-91F0-DFCF77EA82B7.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 7AD64870-29C9-47FE-942C-0E87549353E1.jpeg
    7AD64870-29C9-47FE-942C-0E87549353E1.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom