Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is definitely more realistic. No more Jack rabbit starts and if anything a little under watts for me on level. Bad for the ego but good for the legs.
Old Sim
Screenshot_2019-09-12-05-59-14.png

New SIM
Screenshot_2019-09-12-06-00-11.png

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Eyup

Time is the CG ride tonight please?

keithaitch

Veteran
hope we all enjoyed? that, great to be riding with everybody again. @JJRobinson suddenly you were 3 seconds up the road and I was never going to get that back! I was riding in video and the markers for other riders disappeared sometime on the second lap. I noticed this happened to me earlier in the week and with the indicatore of other riders being in white in the sky it's hard to know exactly where you are until suddenly you are no longer drafting and it's too late. Not to take anything away jj, you were stronger tonight by far! I've approved all the rides so hopefully it will update the league soon. As usual I won't be riding Saturday so somebodyelse will neeed to strat it.

JJRobinson

hope we all enjoyed? that, great to be riding with everybody again. @JJRobinson suddenly you were 3 seconds up the road and I was never going to get that back! I was riding in video and the markers for other riders disappeared sometime on the second lap. I noticed this happened to me earlier in the week and with the indicatore of other riders being in white in the sky it's hard to know exactly where you are until suddenly you are no longer drafting and it's too late. Not to take anything away jj, you were stronger tonight by far! I've approved all the rides so hopefully it will update the league soon. As usual I won't be riding Saturday so somebodyelse will neeed to strat it.
Had to work hard there like. You kept pulling it back so well done for that!
I think the new version has helped me as my watts always seemed to match my road efforts so hopefully will give me more of a chance now!

Good effort by everyone like :sweat:

JJRobinson

Is Dark in this group?
Just looked at his amazing time on latest stage averaging 450watts with average heart rate of 117bpm!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It is definitely more realistic. No more Jack rabbit starts and if anything a little under watts for me on level. Bad for the ego but good for the legs.
Old Sim
View attachment 484808

New SIM
View attachment 484809
That’s a massive difference ! Heart rate tells a story too

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Is Dark in this group?
Just looked at his amazing time on latest stage averaging 450watts with average heart rate of 117bpm!

No, but he is winning almost every league he joins. Either he is very very strong (World Tour), or his Bkool Air is dodgy. If you haven’t seen GPLama’s review/redicule of the Air I suggest you do that, as that might explain those stupid high numbers from Dark.

JJRobinson

No, but he is winning almost every league he joins. Either he is very very strong (World Tour), or his Bkool Air is dodgy. If you haven’t seen GPLama’s review/redicule of the Air I suggest you do that, as that might explain those stupid high numbers from Dark.
Lol, I would say there isn’t anyone who could put that wattage out with a heart rate that low

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I tried out the new sim last night on a couple of runs, including the CG league.

I noticed a significant difference in how it performed, which included a much closer to reality than of recent years - not sure whether magic dust is still available? Never got it anyway.

The screen presentation is sharper and easy to read. Navigation is easy including the search tool. I liked having the ability to review the basic analytics after the ride on screen. On one ride I closed the sim without saving and on reloading, it recognised the past ride and asked me if I wanted to keep it.. this is nice if you have poor tinterweb like what I have.

I cycled just short of 20 miles in the league run last night and it was very difficult/almost impossible for me to get anywhere near the old watts of Yesterbkool. I averaged around 17mph over a flat course which was still higher than I could manage in the RW - and that was without any drafting (fat lad at the back). Having said that, much much closer to real world.

Bkool is far more honest now. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up V machines with power meters etc..

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I tried out the new sim last night on a couple of runs, including the CG league.

I noticed a significant difference in how it performed, which included a much closer to reality than of recent years - not sure whether magic dust is still available? Never got it anyway.

The screen presentation is sharper and easy to read. Navigation is easy including the search tool. I liked having the ability to review the basic analytics after the ride on screen. On one ride I closed the sim without saving and on reloading, it recognised the past ride and asked me if I wanted to keep it.. this is nice if you have poor tinterweb like what I have.

I cycled just short of 20 miles in the league run last night and it was very difficult/almost impossible for me to get anywhere near the old watts of Yesterbkool. I averaged around 17mph over a flat course which was still higher than I could manage in the RW - and that was without any drafting (fat lad at the back). Having said that, much much closer to real world.

Bkool is far more honest now. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up V machines with power meters etc..
Nice write up. Thanks

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Like promised, I did the CG race on the NEO2. Didn't notice much of a difference compared to the other times I've used the Neo on Bkool. The only (?) real noticable thing was , that all the Pro riders were slow out of the pen, compared to the old version. This is nice, as the Neo, Direto etc. always has been slow at the start, and any chance of latching onto a group / drafting would be nigh impossible back then. I'll post the video of yesterday's race and tomorrows re-run (on the Pro) on YouTube. Maybe you can spot some differences that I didn't.:smile:

Top Bottom