Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Forgive me, but how can there be differences between different trainers from manufactures. I mean can there be big differeces between the measurements from different brands?
I could maybe understand with wheel on and the level of resistance between tyre and roller.
My old tacx flow could have more tyre slip according to the resistance against the wheel.
I'd imagine it's all down to the software of each trainer, bkool have modified the algorithm to make it more realistic and balanced

Forgive me, but how can there be differences between different trainers from manufactures. I mean can there be big differeces between the measurements from different brands?
I could maybe understand with wheel on and the level of resistance between tyre and roller.
My old tacx flow could have more tyre slip according to the resistance against the wheel.
On the BKOOL the speed used to be taken directly from the roller and the power calculated. It took a while for the algorithm to detect and change the resistance to match the slope so you could shoot off the line and get some super speed before it caught up. But now they use the power to determine the speed so there isn’t any advantage. It really comes down to you pushing yourself too hard in response to some (hope this is the right term and not too offensive - just offensive enough) yellow belly or Tyke taunting you by riding a little faster.

Edit: To a yank who has only been through there once Lincolnshire and Yorkshire both seemed great.

Last edited:

Alfonzo

Did my first ride on the new BKool sim yesterday using my Wahoo Kickr, looks good, the times in the
rankings seem much more equal and fair in the Season 2019-2020 category, maybe BKool could reset
the rankings now its more equal and have a new option for using ghosts from just the 2019-2020 season
to make it easier to set up fair rides (does that make sense??) , anyway well done to BKool for the vast
improvements to the sim. I`ve kept my subscription on BKool as well as Zwift now.

microkid

Did my first ride on the new BKool sim yesterday using my Wahoo Kickr, looks good, the times in the
rankings seem much more equal and fair in the Season 2019-2020 category, maybe BKool could reset
the rankings now its more equal and have a new option for using ghosts from just the 2019-2020 season
to make it easier to set up fair rides (does that make sense??) , anyway well done to BKool for the vast
improvements to the sim. I`ve kept my subscription on BKool as well as Zwift now.
Good to hear that. I always found it hard to understand that some Bkool trainers with a roller were able to cycle considerably faster than me using a Tacx Flux S (direct drive), which is much more accurate. Now let's see if the times will get more similar, making the challenge a lot more equal and fun.

shimceltic

Veteran
With all the talk of changes to the software, I've signed up for bkool on a monthly basis and done a quick test ride in the velodrome and it seems quite promising.
The lag is no where as bad as it was and it doesn't seem to feel like I'm riding through treacle, so I'll do a league ride tomorrow and see how it really goes. 🤞
Hope you're one of us slow ones

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
With all the talk of changes to the software, I've signed up for bkool on a monthly basis and done a quick test ride in the velodrome and it seems quite promising.
The lag is no where as bad as it was and it doesn't seem to feel like I'm riding through treacle, so I'll do a league ride tomorrow and see how it really goes. 🤞

Welcome back.. 🚲🚲

Top Bottom