Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Me too. Have to kill AndyMacca :laugh:
If one of you pair want to slow enough for 1 minute a stage I'll be able to give you a sprint finish! Otherwise I'll just try and get that gap down!

BILL S

Guru
Wow, back up to 18 in the league with 10 contributing regularly here. I know that @perswe is planning to ride with us again so @BILL S we will have to ride together (sprints allowed only in the last 1km) to confront the dual Scandinavian threat with @Brusgaard, who should be thanked due his promotional activities. Seriously if we can get a few more participants we won't be far from where we were last year and everybody will have somebody y at their level to swear at when losing to them. See you all on Thursday.

I will try to ride with you @keithaitch but if I don't get the fairy dust of last Saturday I could find it a bit difficult. I like to think we'll have some sprint finishes later on in the year though ;)

keithaitch

Veteran
New version 5.05 (191015) released.

Download here: http://bsimresources.bkool.com/game/bsim2setup.exe
Do we have any info on what has been updated/fixed. Do you know if they have done anything to stop the time gap between you and the person ahead of you fluctuating wildly? It used to be pretty accurate, now it can vary by a minute or more in a couple of seconds when you hit a climb and your speed drops.

Brusgaard

Ăśber Guru
Do we have any info on what has been updated/fixed. Do you know if they have done anything to stop the time gap between you and the person ahead of you fluctuating wildly? It used to be pretty accurate, now it can vary by a minute or more in a couple of seconds when you hit a climb and your speed drops.

No idea, but the paint/message bug (no <Space> possible) is still there. AFAIK the only things fixed/changed should be some of the pairing and speed/watt problems, which many people have reported on the Pro(s).

Initial reports doesn't sound to promising regarding the watts compared to powermeters... Surprise surprise... :sad:

Del C

Veteran
Well the temptation was too great and I just reactivated my Bkool subscription for a month to try out the new Sim.

Subscription is reactivated according to the Bkool website.

Found the Cyclechat league and thought I'd go out and give it a leisurely go after Zwift racing last night.

Challenged @keithaitch so I could get some ghosts to ride against ............... only for Bkool to tell me I'm a free customer and need to go Premium to challenge in leagues!

Good old Bkool! :laugh:

Does anyone know if there's a lag between reactivating and actually getting it to work?

keithaitch

Veteran
Well the temptation was too great and I just reactivated my Bkool subscription for a month to try out the new Sim.

Subscription is reactivated according to the Bkool website.

Found the Cyclechat league and thought I'd go out and give it a leisurely go after Zwift racing last night.

Challenged @keithaitch so I could get some ghosts to ride against ............... only for Bkool to tell me I'm a free customer and need to go Premium to challenge in leagues!

Good old Bkool! :laugh:

Does anyone know if there's a lag between reactivating and actually getting it to work?
My subscription wasn't renewed in August, out of date credit card, and there was a little lag between renewing and being able to access, a day i think if I remeber rightly. Great to have you back!

Brusgaard

Ăśber Guru

Try to logout from the webpage.

shimceltic

Veteran
Today we launch a new version!

We have continued to improve the compatibility with all trainers on the market, and have added even more brands and models, improving compatibility with the Wahoo KICKR Core and supporting connection via Bluetooth.

In the previous version we completely transformed how we calculated speed, and after a few weeks of testing with our beta-testers, we have made several improvements in this area.

However, we want to remind you of the main change we made on September 9th.
With Bkool trainers, the cyclist's speed will be calculated based on the power generated as they turn the pedals.

Why are we re-emphasising this point? Because this change will allow us to offer a more realistic and fair environment for all devices, whether they are Bkool or not. We calculate a rider's speed by taking into account their power along with other important factors, such as wind conditions, steepness of incline and their weight. Then, depending on their speed, the cyclist's time is calculated for the route.

We know that things aren't perfect and there are many improvements to be made. For example, the sudden dip in speed or acceleration as the gradient changes or the high speed on steep descents, we believe that the speed is too high. We are already working on solutions (we will offer you Beta versions) and we are sure that these will meet your expectations.

We have also re-introduced our wind indicator, for you to see its direction and speed as you ride. And of course, we continue to rectify any small mistake in our quest to simulate exactly what the cyclists feel on the road in fine detail.

#TeamUnlimited #BkoolCycling

Del C

Veteran
Well, based on a solo ride (with ghosts) that seemed much more realistic on a Tacx Neo.

I did league stage 1. Wasn't stuck on the start line. Was actually first away and in the lead until the bottom of the descent, where @keithaitch 's ghost overtook and waved me goodbye!

Time of 30.54, on screen power very similar to Zwift and ended at 3.2W/Kg, close to my normal Zwift readings.

I meant to take it easy after last night's Zwift TT, but got a bit carried away when I was in the lead.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in a proper race against others on different turbos, but initial feeling was good.

And finally a question. How do you actually load the ghosts you really want, ie the other league riders? I challenged @keithaitch thinking I'd get all the other Cyclechat riders from his race........... and all I got was Keith! I mean, he was great company, especially as he flew past me, but I ended up loading a bunch of random ghosts, with no idea whether there times were meaningful at all.

shimceltic

Veteran
Well, based on a solo ride (with ghosts) that seemed much more realistic on a Tacx Neo.

I did league stage 1. Wasn't stuck on the start line. Was actually first away and in the lead until the bottom of the descent, where @keithaitch 's ghost overtook and waved me goodbye!

Time of 30.54, on screen power very similar to Zwift and ended at 3.2W/Kg, close to my normal Zwift readings.

I meant to take it easy after last night's Zwift TT, but got a bit carried away when I was in the lead.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in a proper race against others on different turbos, but initial feeling was good.

And finally a question. How do you actually load the ghosts you really want, ie the other league riders? I challenged @keithaitch thinking I'd get all the other Cyclechat riders from his race........... and all I got was Keith! I mean, he was great company, especially as he flew past me, but I ended up loading a bunch of random ghosts, with no idea whether there times were meaningful at all.
When you see the ride scheduled click edit and add more riders. Feel free to add me if you want a social pace!

Del C

Veteran
When you see the ride scheduled click edit and add more riders. Feel free to add me if you want a social pace!
Tried that but none of the riders/ghosts available were from the Cyclechat league.

Tried using the search function on the left hand side but that didn’t work

Top Bottom