Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
You guys warned me about the ramp so I prepared myself by dropping on to the small ring and ended up spinning like an idiot going nowhere as the Basin stopped me almost dead. I must have lost another 10 seconds in the last 200 meters.
None the less I was pleased with no loosing too much time.
I averaged a cadence of 115 which I was struggling with toward the end.
Other thing was every time I got close to you you disappeared!
Yes, I kept losing connection which was really annoying as you disappeared from my session and whilst I had the erroneous @microkid ghost for reference I was more interested in you. Good luck on the final stage, I'll do my best to try to get the two minutes back but it is a big ask. Any chance of you being there on Thursday I don't think I'll be able to do it twice and would like to do it at the same time as you.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The final stage is a killer on a par with the honister stage we did a couple of months ago. I did it this week and suffered on the last two climbs which have some really steep pitches. If I had my 11 - 32 climbing cassette here I'd put it on for this stage. Not trying to scare just prepare people, do not go full pelt at the start unless you have a defibrillator next to your fan in the cave. I hope lots of us can ride it together on Thursday or Saturday as it will be epic. I would pay good money to watch the @BILL S @Mark68 @perswe battle.
You saying that me not being able to get into my front 34 ring, and being stuck in the 50, is not going to be pleasant?!? I'm hoping I can grind up in 50/32 (and the cross chain doesn't complain too much :wacko:)

Just re-run Ride 4. Managed to catch @shimceltic, but only just, the ramp at the end lost me 6 s and made us equal!
I just did it as well only on the beta version. I’m going to say that last ramp cost me 5 minutes... seriously I geared down and it wasn’t too bad.

Edit: for our team results I should have taken the penalty time. It’s faster than mine.

keithaitch

Veteran
I just did it as well only on the beta version. I’m going to say that last ramp cost me 5 minutes... seriously I geared down and it wasn’t too bad.

Edit: for our team results I should have taken the penalty time. It’s faster than mine.
The team is the team.

AndyMacca

Why would anyone do that
:banghead: I am a spanner what can I say.. :laugh:

I could lie and say I wanted to take one for the team but actually I wanted a painfully undulating course to test out how truly bad the lunatic gears are on my new toy (Wattbike Atom, birthday present last week from HID :cheers:) and it was painful (still) - with the gears, I was always in the wrong one, the signal from the BSim takes an age to change gradient (incline and decline) so looking at the upcoming % isn't enough, if you're changing from flat to 4% and drop a load of cogs then you'll be almost freewheeling until the 4% lands like a brick wall so instead you have to just wait for the pain then react to it. Bkool say they're in the process of "certifying it" so hopefully it's part of their 'focus' on software and wont take too long. Having said all that it does seem to register watts more quickly than the Tacx and more of them 👍 so a more competitive time but my ave HR was 10BPM higher - that's more to do with being chased by my own ghost though so not really a useful power comparison.👻👻👻👻

keithaitch

Veteran
:banghead: I am a spanner what can I say.. :laugh:

I could lie and say I wanted to take one for the team but actually I wanted a painfully undulating course to test out how truly bad the lunatic gears are on my new toy (Wattbike Atom, birthday present last week from HID :cheers:) and it was painful (still) - with the gears, I was always in the wrong one, the signal from the BSim takes an age to change gradient (incline and decline) so looking at the upcoming % isn't enough, if you're changing from flat to 4% and drop a load of cogs then you'll be almost freewheeling until the 4% lands like a brick wall so instead you have to just wait for the pain then react to it. Bkool say they're in the process of "certifying it" so hopefully it's part of their 'focus' on software and wont take too long. Having said all that it does seem to register watts more quickly than the Tacx and more of them 👍 so a more competitive time but my ave HR was 10BPM higher - that's more to do with being chased by my own ghost though so not really a useful power comparison.👻👻👻👻
I agree, bkool gear changing is a sensitive skill. Working out where in this section the change is going to kick in and if you need to change down or try and power through. Generally if the profile shows its a long climb, more than 300m, then I'm changing down and into the small ring of its over 5%. Di2 is a big help for me, taking me down 4 sprockets in one shift if I need it due to miscalculation. I also try, try being the operative word, to stand and put siren more power on the last section of a climb getting prepped for the downhill as I find I can lose a bucket full of watts once the gradient changes from up to down and it's hard to recapture watts on a descent. Thursday will test the gear changes to the max.!

Top Bottom