Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
This is what I see, maybe only I can. The link seems to work ok.
View attachment 493749
Link works for me too :okay:

microkid

Pfff... Downhill seems to be the only stage where my weight is at my advantage ;)

1574435663638.png

Del C

Veteran
Well Stage 4 was a pain.

I was just behind @BILL S ghost coming in to the last km, about 8 seconds ahead of Stephane and another 8 secs ahead of @shimceltic

Then I completely misjudged the 21% ramp at the end and ground to a halt just short of th eline.

Stephane came past me, but I got going and still finished ahead of @shimceltic by around 8 secs according to the clock.......... except I didn't. According to the finishing times I ended up 10 seconds behind him! And I was over a minute behind @BILL S. How did that all happen?

So a slightly pissed off 26.58 for me!

keithaitch

Veteran
Well Stage 4 was a pain.

I was just behind @BILL S ghost coming in to the last km, about 8 seconds ahead of Stephane and another 8 secs ahead of @shimceltic

Then I completely misjudged the 21% ramp at the end and ground to a halt just short of th eline.

Stephane came past me, but I got going and still finished ahead of @shimceltic by around 8 secs according to the clock.......... except I didn't. According to the finishing times I ended up 10 seconds behind him! And I was over a minute behind @BILL S. How did that all happen?

So a slightly pissed off 26.58 for me!
Yes that last kick was totally unexpected, I nearly ground to a halt too! Try again tomorrow?

Del C

Veteran
Yes that last kick was totally unexpected, I nearly ground to a halt too! Try again tomorrow?
I can't.

I'm going for a Christmas dinner at Brighton and Hove Greyhound Stadium.

I know how to live! :laugh:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Thanks for the reply! Speaking to Bkool about it they admit power has been changed but say for most it has made it more realistic. As I say though, mine always seemed to match my real world power so I was happy with it. Maybe I have just lost out a bit because of that.
I will persevere trying to get to the bottom of it, just a bit deflating racing others that you know you are equal to (from looking at Strava data) and being nowhere near to them on Bkool!
Cheers
Have you checked your trainer SW version with the 'BKool Toolkit' App.
Check it and see if you are at 3.1 and then update to 3.25 and then let me know if it makes a difference.

Rod McG

Ɯber Member
[QUOTE="
I think the speed is maybe a bit more realistic but power for me is just wrong. How has everyone else found it, does it compare more to real life for you?
[/QUOTE]
I have been trying to compare BKOOL output to my Garmin Edge 520. Its a complex minefield which I don't fully understand yet. But some issues are:
  • For me the average power is higher in BKOOL than the power meter but which is more correct?
  • The distance recorded by the Garmin is higher than BKOOL. This could be due to tyre slip or incorrect tyre circumference. I suspect slip as I can't be that far out with circumference, even though I don't notice slip.
  • Average speed is much higher as measured by BKOOL. They should be the same as both take data from the same sensor. Presumably if the speed is wrong then the power in BKOOL may also be wrong.
  • I'll keep looking into it but my next test will be to change the sensor used by BKOOL from my speed/cadence sensor to the BKOOL Pro. This will remove the wheel from the calculations so ensure that speed is taken from the rotor not the wheel.
I'll let you know what I find!

AndyMacca

[QUOTE="
I think the speed is maybe a bit more realistic but power for me is just wrong. How has everyone else found it, does it compare more to real life for you?
I have been trying to compare BKOOL output to my Garmin Edge 520. Its a complex minefield which I don't fully understand yet. But some issues are:
  • For me the average power is higher in BKOOL than the power meter but which is more correct?
  • The distance recorded by the Garmin is higher than BKOOL. This could be due to tyre slip or incorrect tyre circumference. I suspect slip as I can't be that far out with circumference, even though I don't notice slip.
  • Average speed is much higher as measured by BKOOL. They should be the same as both take data from the same sensor. Presumably if the speed is wrong then the power in BKOOL may also be wrong.
  • I'll keep looking into it but my next test will be to change the sensor used by BKOOL from my speed/cadence sensor to the BKOOL Pro. This will remove the wheel from the calculations so ensure that speed is taken from the rotor not the wheel.
I'll let you know what I find!
[/QUOTE]
Morning Rod,

Yes trying to compare speed in particular will be a challenge, the simulator seems to create it's own 'virtual' speed under certain conditions, my TACX can only simulate up to around 8% inclines so the Bkool simulator compensates on steeper gradients by reducing the speed, likewise for descents I expect if you didn't pedal at all the sim would still roll you down a hill at a fair lick. Whereas the Garmin is likely to be reading data direct from your sensor which wont factor in the virtual speeds, this is probably the same if the Garmin was connected to the Bkool Pro. I'm no expert but it might be a case of apples and pears here. Hope I've understood your setup and I'm not talking bllx.^_^
I would definitely try out changing the sensor to the Bkool Pro, it'll be interesting to see what that does to the power data too.šŸ‘

Top Bottom