Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyMacca

I can't see it!

This is what I see, maybe only I can. The link seems to work ok.
bkoolsheets.JPG

AndyMacca

Macca, good job you joined late. You beat me by 6s in the end. If you set off at the same time as me I think I would have held you off / had a heart attack 😁
Yes, it's always more effort when battling but I was on the limit, don't think I could've done anymore.

edit;
Just looking at my Strava entry, my av HR was 171 which is my MHR going by the 220-age formula, hit 179 so I guess that's my real MHR.

You would've beat me, there's always the re-run?

Last edited:

Mark68

Über Member
Who thinks after they have finished a session they could have given just a few percent more.
I always do but at the time ... No chance
Sounds like you all had a love

shimceltic

Veteran
Yes, it's always more effort when battling but I was on the limit, don't think I could've done anymore.

edit;
Just looking at my Strava entry, my av HR was 171 which is my MHR going by the 220-age formula, hit 179 so I guess that's my real MHR.

You would've beat me, there's always the re-run?
Unfortunately I'll be supping pina colada poolside for the rerun

JJRobinson

The team thing was only meant to be a bit of (harmless) fun. Nothing to kill ourselves over. That said if @Randyberlin you want to remove your heart monitor and redo stage 1 and take a big one for the team @shimceltic and I will both speak nicely about you at the funeral. However I made a bad call including @JJRobinson who appears not to be competing so for this month I've reduced The Danish national team to two people, counting their times and then multiplying by 1.5 to make it an even playing field for them. At the end of this month adjustments will be made to the composition of teams based on this months times in an effort to make all teams for December (and the rest if the season) as equal as possible in terms of level so the leading team is the one who does best relative to their level.
Hi @keithaitch - Sorry about that I haven’t been on here for a while so didn’t realise you had included me, apologies :rolleyes:
I had a few weeks off as had a stupid cough but also been trying other platforms since Bkool updates (software and firmware). I know they say that the watts were too high but for whatever reason mine was always about spot on with my power meter (other than fairy dust moments)!
If it was a few out I wouldn’t mind, but recent effort on Rouvy was:
1hr 15 / avg 171bpm, 275watts
That power seems about right based on what I know from power meter.
Compare above to my last Bkool session:
1hr 7 / avg 172bpm, 230watts
So I know it maybe shouldn’t bother me but it does lol! I have call logged with Bkool but not sure if it will get anywhere :blink:

I think the speed is maybe a bit more realistic but power for me is just wrong. How has everyone else found it, does it compare more to real life for you?

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi @keithaitch - Sorry about that I haven’t been on here for a while so didn’t realise you had included me, apologies :rolleyes:
I had a few weeks off as had a stupid cough but also been trying other platforms since Bkool updates (software and firmware). I know they say that the watts were too high but for whatever reason mine was always about spot on with my power meter (other than fairy dust moments)!
So I know it maybe shouldn’t bother me but it does lol! I have call logged with Bkool but not sure if it will get anywhere :blink:

I think the speed is maybe a bit more realistic but power for me is just wrong. How has everyone else found it, does it compare more to real life for you?
Jj, it would be great to have you competing both in the league and the team competition, if it continues. Unfortunately for the team competition it needs all team members to do all the stages or it distorts the results. Do you think you'll be able to do December's and future league in which case I'll leave you in a team when I make any adjustments to the teams at the end of this month's league or do you think your participation here will be sparodic because you will be using other platforms. I hope to get the teams fixed for the rest of the winter season as of December's league.

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi.

I was away for few weeks. Just came back yesterday from holidays. Are you guys still riding every Thursday at 6pm?
I dint think anybody replied to this, sorry. Yes we are riding Thursdays at 19:00 and Saturdays at 18:00 both European time. Would great if you could join us.

keithaitch

Veteran
I wasn't sure what I was doing and a few people where infront by a lap so when it said sprint I couldn't catch them. The last person goes out after every sprint. Would be better if everyones speed was limited for the spinning laps then all at the same point when the sprint starts
Perhaps we could set up a test and then once we are clear how it works have it as one of the monthly stages with some sort of time bonus depending on how long you last. Just a thought, perhaps it needs more thought!

AndyMacca

I also thought Bkool was meddling with power too but when I checked the output on my Garmin it was exactly the same as that reported on the screen i n Bkool, I tried it on both a Tacx wheel-on T2240 turbo and a Wattbike Atom, same results. So it seems at least recently and on that hardware, what is getting broadcast from the devices is exactly what I see on screen in Bkool. Big gap in your data though, could there be other factors, terrain, set-up?
Be great to have you back in the team. 👍

JJRobinson

Jj, it would be great to have you competing both in the league and the team competition, if it continues. Unfortunately for the team competition it needs all team members to do all the stages or it distorts the results. Do you think you'll be able to do December's and future league in which case I'll leave you in a team when I make any adjustments to the teams at the end of this month's league or do you think your participation here will be sparodic because you will be using other platforms. I hope to get the teams fixed for the rest of the winter season as of December's league.
Thanks @keithaitch - If you remove me for now please, hopefully I can get it sorted at some point.
Do you find it accurate since the changes?
Cheers

JJRobinson

I also thought Bkool was meddling with power too but when I checked the output on my Garmin it was exactly the same as that reported on the screen i n Bkool, I tried it on both a Tacx wheel-on T2240 turbo and a Wattbike Atom, same results. So it seems at least recently and on that hardware, what is getting broadcast from the devices is exactly what I see on screen in Bkool. Big gap in your data though, could there be other factors, terrain, set-up?
Be great to have you back in the team. 👍
Thanks for the reply! Speaking to Bkool about it they admit power has been changed but say for most it has made it more realistic. As I say though, mine always seemed to match my real world power so I was happy with it. Maybe I have just lost out a bit because of that.
I will persevere trying to get to the bottom of it, just a bit deflating racing others that you know you are equal to (from looking at Strava data) and being nowhere near to them on Bkool!
Cheers

Top Bottom