Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
And it gets even worse for you @Bored Man. Now you have to go a bit easier, if participating in the official BKOOL organized leagues: https://support.bkool.com/hc/en-us/...-of-exclusion-in-official-Bkool-competitions-

Aye, I read that on Twitbook. Should ban the new Bkool smart Air trainers, they’re all corrupt. I removed a user from my league who is using one to post unashamed results.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Stage 4 was tough for me - did the suffer test on my tod last night as I'll be at the footie tomorrow night. I see AAAC did it in half my time, but at least it is out of the way.
I had ghosts doing it in half my time.

Me and @keithaitch may be able to help you with spares of you dare take it apart to find the fault.
Not sure how your cadence will affect the trainer unless you are moving more weight onto the back wheel at lower cadence or creating some other kind of movement which could be possible.

keithaitch

Veteran
Thursday morning message... I'll be starting it tonight. I'll add @AAAC 76C ghost and @Goldwolfie (if I can find him) for reference. Hope to see you all and have fun it's a beautiful climb.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
I had ghosts doing it in half my time.

Me and @keithaitch may be able to help you with spares of you dare take it apart to find the fault.
Not sure how your cadence will affect the trainer unless you are moving more weight onto the back wheel at lower cadence or creating some other kind of movement which could be possible.Ch
Thanks @AAAC 76C - I do move about abit when I start getting tired on long climbs. I'm like a jelly in a sock at times, with side to side motion. However, it's fine when I'm giving it full beans (for me anyway) on the flat.

If it gets any worse I may have to consider an upgrade, so would probably be looking a a second hand Bkool Pro, as I can't really justify a direct drive model.

BILL S

Guru
Thanks for the reply Bill - Yes, I would have assumed the same had it not been for crank pedal meter so I knew on road I was putting out way more. I guess it is good that majority feel it is more accurate now, just a shame for few whose trainers were already accurate!

Hi JJ. I did my usual short ride on the turbo last night and happened to examine the tyre afterwards. It was rather warm and sticky so I'm now wondering if that is contributing to my power loss. Funny thing is that tyre has never been very good, but its a Conti GP4000s, which was what I used previously and performance was good. Sticky tyres are bound to cause a power loss so might be worth you taking a look at that too. maybe time for me to try a different tyre make.

BILL S

Guru
So anyone got any advice on tyre makes to use with a bkool pro?
Another thing I remember is a year or two back it was possible to ride the turbo on the flat in top gear. These days I'm 3 gears down from that and often only showing 200w. Is it time to buy a direct drive turbo?

Top Bottom