Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So anyone got any advice on tyre makes to use with a bkool pro?
Another thing I remember is a year or two back it was possible to ride the turbo on the flat in top gear. These days I'm 3 gears down from that and often only showing 200w. Is it time to buy a direct drive turbo?
I was using the cont4000 23 on the advice from someone here, on my old bike but after I bought the thru axle adapter and swapped bikes I've been using the gatorskin hard shell 28. It it noticeably slower but I'm too lazy to switch back at this point. I still think the 4000 is the way to go.

Edit: Also in addition to getting everybody to switch back to imperial units, I'll start a movement to spell tire with an i.

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
I've always used a vittoria zaffiro pro trainer tYre pumped up to 140 psi and apart from a bit of shedding of red rubber on the wall I think it's pretty good. That said I've just purchased a Vredestein Fortezza Senso Xtreme Weather 700x23c as it's what @Brusgaard uses and I'm hoping it will improve my speed off the starting line. Actually it's so that I can use the same tYre indoors and outdoors as the trainer tYre can only be used indoor and so i have to switch wheels every time I change from indoor to outdoor or vice versa and it's a bit of a pain. It will also allow me to ride in bkool on my good wheels rather than the old Mavic Kysiriums That the Vittoria is on. I will report back once the new tyre arrives and I can do a controlled test!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I was using the cont4000 23 on the advice from someone here, on my old bike but after I bought the thru axle adapter and swapped bikes I've been using the gatorskin hard shell 28. It it noticeably slower but I'm too lazy to switch back at this point. I still think the 4000 is the way to go.

Edit: Also in addition to getting everybody to switch back to imperial units, I'll start a movement to spell tire with an i.

Be away with your crude attempts to spoil our gift of English to the world. Beelzebub has a place waiting for you at his heel. Beware American - tread carefully now.

microkid

So anyone got any advice on tyre makes to use with a bkool pro?
Another thing I remember is a year or two back it was possible to ride the turbo on the flat in top gear. These days I'm 3 gears down from that and often only showing 200w. Is it time to buy a direct drive turbo?
Do NOT use a normal road tire. They will get warm and loose rubber. Always use a dedicated trainer tire. E.g. Continental Hometrainer, Tacx or Vittoria.

AndyMacca

Yep, absolutely empty now. Had to follow the smoke from Shims cigar to find my way to the end.

keithaitch

Veteran
That was hard but I think I prefer that to a constant changing terrain. Just get in a rythem and keep going.
.... And going, and going, and going. Normally you can think about winding it up with a couple of kms to go, on that I tried with 600m to go and had to sit down again and go with 200m to go. Chapeau to @AAAC 76C i just couldn't stay with you when you caught me 4kms to go. We should try to ride together next week.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
.... And going, and going, and going. Normally you can think about winding it up with a couple of kms to go, on that I tried with 600m to go and had to sit down again and go with 200m to go. Chapeau to @AAAC 76C i just couldn't stay with you when you caught me 4kms to go. We should try to ride together next week.
600m is a long dash on a slope like that.

Top Bottom