Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I give in!, quote!

keithaitch

Veteran
If this is for me, I have always ridden with a high gear at a very low cadence. It is something I am trying, unsuccessfully to change, as it over uses fast twitch muscles which can causes problems late in rides/sport:becool:ives.
I have a 54/11 as top gear and am in it a lot more on the trainer than in real life. I think on that descent the drafting gave me another couple of gears!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
If this is for me, I have always ridden with a high gear at a very low cadence. It is something I am trying, unsuccessfully to change, as it over uses fast twitch muscles which can causes problems late in rides/sport:becool:ives.
I have a 54/11 as top gear and am in it a lot more on the trainer than in real life. I think on that descent the drafting gave me another couple of gears!
Brings back memories of post TT discussions about what gear you were using.
At 16 I road a 54/42 x 13 straight thru 18 block. High cadence was only used on the rollers and early season medium gear TT's which were normally hilly.
The later was normally done on a fixed wheel training iron.

shimceltic

Veteran
Why is he chained in the garage, bad behaviour? 😜
It's a women I reckon they have chained in the garage!

Mark68

Über Member
No wonder I can't get anywhere near you on the descents. 50*11

AAAC 76C

Large Member
holy moly
todays task was team time and or take back 2 secs from el Keith
tactics were to go out hard and see how I feel and try and catch a fast ghost to follow
if that failed then it was plan b to drop back and help a friend
almost killed myself in the first half and @Brusgaard looked too far back so i backed off and just about managed to hold my ghost off
i thought i was cooked with 4 to go but found a sweet spot at 101 rpm and held up, just
off to lay down now i have warmed down

Mark68

Über Member
holy moly
tactics were to go out hard and see how I feel and try and catch a fast ghost to follow
almost killed myself in the first half and @Brusgaard looked too far back so i backed off and just about managed to hold my ghost off
i thought i was cooked with 4 to go but found a sweet spot at 101 rpm and held up, just
You did a great ride. I didn't have any legs today.
Felt like it was an uphill struggle🤢. Did try a warm down for a bit but couldn't even manage that.. all I managed was a couple of minutes spin with my head on the handlebars🥵

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
holy moly

Saw the bots go past you like they were sprinting and you were doing 14mph on 7%

BILL S

Guru
.. all I managed was a couple of minutes spin with my head on the handlebars🥵

All I managed was 5 mins lying delirious on the floor. Great workout though. Interestingly for me my power output was higher than usual these days so I'm guessing its caused by slower spinning sticky tyre that will hopefully behave better on the flat when its replaced by something less sticky.

Top Bottom