Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark68

Über Member
For @BILL S @Randyberlin and @AndyMacca who rode across the bridge about and hour ago. Now where's my pizza? View attachment 532745

View attachment 532745
I really want to go there. Stunning what more can i say.

Apart from sorry I missed the ride again. Daughters birthday and she's not very well poor thing :sad:

AndyMacca

14 seconds @AndyMacca you deserve it for giving it your all tonight even when I was pulling away from you. It's easy when you are catching somebody or pulling away from them, but to dig deep when you're losing time that hurts. Chapeau.
:wahhey:Thanks Keith, the routes helped me a lot this month (no big climbs) plus all my shameless drafting.:laugh:

keithaitch

Veteran
Guys,
Given that summer is here, we are now free to cycle whenver we want both here in France and in Spain and that I have easy access to the cycling heaven of beautiful quiet roads last night will have been my last indoor ride for a while. Until the leagues start up again in September to be more precise. I hope you have enjoyed this year's league rides and benefitted from them. Once again I thoroughly enjoyed both the friendly rivalry on bkool and the banter here. I think the standard proven league format needs no amending next year, it works as pefectly as it can on such a quirky platform. I think the handicap league was also fun and we pretty much know what we are doing so I fully intend to continue that too in September giving us the option of three sessions of pain a week. The format of varied routes, a climb a descent and a couple of rollers in the monthly league I think worked well and I'll be looking to continue that format next year. Have a great summer enjoy your cycling and see you all in September.

Guys,
Given that summer is here, we are now free to cycle whenver we want both here in France and in Spain and that I have easy access to the cycling heaven of beautiful quiet roads last night will have been my last indoor ride for a while. Until the leagues start up again in September to be more precise. I hope you have enjoyed this year's league rides and benefitted from them. Once again I thoroughly enjoyed both the friendly rivalry on bkool and the banter here. I think the standard proven league format needs no amending next year, it works as pefectly as it can on such a quirky platform. I think the handicap league was also fun and we pretty much know what we are doing so I fully intend to continue that too in September giving us the option of three sessions of pain a week. The format of varied routes, a climb a descent and a couple of rollers in the monthly league I think worked well and I'll be looking to continue that format next year. Have a great summer enjoy your cycling and see you all in September.
Thank you again Keith and other admins. The 2 months off maybe just enough time for me to implement my plan of getting Independently wealthy and quit work to ride BKOOL full time. Thanks to lazy ancestors I have no chance of inherited money So my plan is to pick a fight with my wife, get a divorce and woo the woman Jeff Bezos divorced. It should involve an initial expense of some Avon “wild country” cologne and a couple of bouquets of flowers.
Also even though no organized races for two months I still plan on looking here for posts with pictures of pizza!
Thanks again.
15th place in the last month league .. not bad... Oh out of 15 never mind.

shimceltic

Veteran
Thanks Keith for all the organising you do, it's very much appreciated by all. and to all the others I've rode with over the past months who have pushed me.
This group and the app has demonstrably improved my cycling experiences and fitness so thanks again.....
Will look forward to the strava rides from you all and hope to get back racing soon......
@Randyberlin it would be good to see you competitive again. Also @Boredman coming back would be nice
I'll try to post pizza pics where possible to keep you motivated.

Mark68

Über Member
@keithaitch yes thank you for all the hard work you have put in to keep us all active and sweating profusely. Really enjoyed it and look forward to carrying on later in the year.
I hope some of us can still maybe do a group ride together. Maybe if someone says we are doing a ride in advance others may pick up on it and be able to jump in. We could post on here perhaps?
I may even still do a ride on a Thursday night maybe a featured one if there is one.

Have a nice summer break keith:bicycle:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
The format of varied routes, a climb a descent and a couple of rollers in the monthly league I think worked well and I'll be looking to continue that format next year. Have a great summer enjoy your cycling and see you all in September.

I think if you remove the "a climb" from your sentences, I fully concur. :smile:

Have a nice summer and do all the climbs you want to, so we don't have to in the fall. :laugh:

PS: Remember to approve my June league stage 4 attempt.

AndyMacca

Guys,
It's been amazing big thanks to @keithaitch and also @Brusgaard, @shimceltic, @BILL S and the rest of the starters and riders. 👍chapeau :notworthy:
For me personally it wouldn't be overstating it to say it's actually been a central part of my training, I never thought I'd be able to hit averages of 30kmph+ outside. Not too sure if it means anything but my Vo2max on my Garmin watch shows me going from 44 to 57 since I started cycling with you guys in November/December (but mostly in last 3 months) also FTP from 244 to 280 and best of all bodyweight 82.5 to 77.7kg.
@Mark68 Yes defo up for any group rides. 👍

BILL S

Guru
Guys,

@keithaitch Thanks for another fantastic year of Chaingang and Handicap racing. Like you say, no changes needed as it all works great for our little group. The timing of the summer break couldn't have worked out better for me as I just put my back out yesterday and can now hardly move. yesterday I literally couldn't move but today I'm managing a bit better. Hopefully I'll be better in time to put some RW miles in before the leagues start again in September.
Thanks again Keith for all your work in organising the leagues and keeping us all motivated.

@keithaitch Thanks for another fantastic year of Chaingang and Handicap racing. Like you say, no changes needed as it all works great for our little group. The timing of the summer break couldn't have worked out better for me as I just put my back out yesterday and can now hardly move. yesterday I literally couldn't move but today I'm managing a bit better. Hopefully I'll be better in time to put some RW miles in before the leagues start again in September.
Thanks again Keith for all your work in organising the leagues and keeping us all motivated.
How’s the back @BILL S?

I'd like to be able to see each stage profile before the scheduled ride. My calender never has anything in it either.
The app could have a calendar showing any league and scheduled rides so if I went on 345pm and noticed some other league had a scheduled ride at 4pm I could wait to do that one instead of a ghost ride.
I just noticed the calendar is back to functioning with scheduled rides and league rides. NIce.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702-183013.png
    Screenshot_20200702-183013.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
It's getting better thanks Randy. Might even be able to ride my bike next week.
Don't be too quick to let on you're feeling better. Work it for all the sympathy and scones you can get. I generally can get my second cup of coffee delivered to my chair just by making a little grimace and maybe a sigh in the morning.. I just hope my wife never reads this thread.

Top Bottom