Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Sorry missed the start.
Worked at work today for the 2nd time in 6 months and got back a bit late.
Will have a go at the re-run.

Mark68

Über Member
I missed the start cos I was on a warm up in the velodrome and lost track of the time. When I did eventually join at 10 secs to go I couldn't start. For some reason it said pedal to start the warm up 🤪

keithaitch

Veteran
I missed the start cos I was on a warm up in the velodrome and lost track of the time. When I did eventually join at 10 secs to go I couldn't start. For some reason it said pedal to start the warm up 🤪
I like to get in the session as soon after 19:00 as possible and then use it as my final warm up. Given bkools frequent glitches it avoids unnecessary anxiety, there's enough pressure in the race for one night for me!

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It did look like fun up front though. A good battle between @keithaitch and @Brusgaard

Not much of a battle per se, as @keithaitch caught and flew past me, once we hit the first climbing section.

My goal was to finish faster than when we did the route twice before summer. Attacking the climbs and pushing harder, I beat it by more than one minute, which I’m okay pleased with. :smile:
Still about 30 seconds slower than my Bkool Pro time from September last year though. :tongue:

As a side note, I have now (post race) lowered my weight by one kilo, as I have managed to loose about one kilo after the summer. I suspect that it is due to the fact, that my work place has permanently closed the canteen/buffet as part of a mass layoff last month. :sad:
I expect to loose some more, if I keep on riding the same as last winter, which is actually a good thing. :okay:

I won’t be there Saturday, due to the annual party at my boss’ house, so somebody else must start it! :okay:

Last edited:
Not much of a battle per se, as @keithaitch caught and flew past me, once we hit the first climbing section.

My goal was to finish faster than when we did the route twice before summer. Attacking the climbs and pushing harder, I beat it by more than one minute, which I’m okay pleased with. :smile:
Still about 30 seconds slower than my Bkool Pro time from September last year though. :tongue:

As a side note, I have now (post race) lowered my weight by one kilo, as I have managed to loose about one kilo after the summer. I suspect that it is due to the fact, that my work place has permanently closed the canteen/buffet as part of as mass layoff last month. :sad:
I expect to loose some more, if I keep on riding the same as last winter, which is actually a good thing. :okay:

I won’t be there Saturday, due to the annual party at my boss’ house, so somebody else must start it! :okay:
Take it easy on the watermelon.

AndyMacca

Sounds like you guys had fun, I was out in a RWR but the guys got me back to home with a couple of minutes to go, I hung the bike on the wall, fired up the TV, PC, Wattbike, Tablet, Fan ... just managed to join the session with 28seconds to go. Pedaled for the first couple of minutes but my shifters weren't working, made a few gear changes using the tablet but it's super awkward so I quit the ride. Typical for my shifter batteries to run out on the only ride where I needed everything to just work. :rolleyes:
Sorry I missed it but will try and squeeze a re-run in tomorrow as it's my only chance, I'm off to Poland on Saturday morning for a week, if they're still letting Brits in by then of course.

keithaitch

Veteran
Sounds like you guys had fun, I was out in a RWR but the guys got me back to home with a couple of minutes to go, I hung the bike on the wall, fired up the TV, PC, Wattbike, Tablet, Fan ... just managed to join the session with 28seconds to go. Pedaled for the first couple of minutes but my shifters weren't working, made a few gear changes using the tablet but it's super awkward so I quit the ride. Typical for my shifter batteries to run out on the only ride where I needed everything to just work. :rolleyes:
Sorry I missed it but will try and squeeze a re-run in tomorrow as it's my only chance, I'm off to Poland on Saturday morning for a week, if they're still letting Brits in by then of course.
Essex to Poland that's a long training ride! Enjoy and we'll still be here when you get back, there's no escape for the wicked.

keithaitch

Veteran

As a side note, I have now (post race) lowered my weight by one kilo, as I have managed to loose about one kilo after the summer. I suspect that it is due to the fact, that my work place has permanently closed the canteen/buffet as part of a mass layoff last month. :sad:

Can't we all just come to your party? Have fun and I'll try and start Saturday's rerun, but it's ages since I did so please excuse any f*uck ups.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Can't we all just come to your party? Have fun and I'll try and start Saturday's rerun, but it's ages since I did so please excuse any f*uck ups.

I'm not sure there is room for anymore. I'm told current measurements show a social distance of 90 cm between us already invited.
I think the official guidelines says 100 cm, so we are already in trouble as it is, should the "COVID-police" show up. :smile:

I'm not sure there is room for anymore. I'm told current measurements show a social distance of 90 cm between us already invited.
I think the official guidelines says 100 cm, so we are already in trouble as it is, should the "COVID-police" show up. :smile:
I think with us Americans you want 100 kilometers. Actually I have the credit from my $485 round trip ticket to Copenhagen ( I'll never beat that deal) that has to be used in a year. I'm hoping to shoot for May of next year if a vaccine is out and you allow us crass Americans back in.

Top Bottom