Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Thx for starting it @BKIain, I was running late then as I'm using an old computer had to install an update after the start time. It would have been mayhem if I'd been starting it. Managed to improve my Thursday time which always makes the rerun feel worth the suffering. @Randyberlin great to have you back, if it's joined late I was going to do a Brusgaard and try and tow you round, unfortunately i got in in time.

Thanks. I kind of thought when I dropped so far behind @Bored Man A beacon with a standing bear would flash on the clouds above @Brusgaard 's party and he would say" I'm sorry a cyclechat rider is in trouble, I have to go". He would then put down the spiked watermelon and go to a phone booth, change into a spandex "Super Space Invaders" costume and come to my rescue.
I now know I should have signaled to Tandem man, who would ride up and have me jump on the front of a tandem and just steer while he powered me past the field.

Plus @shimceltic that 60 miles should have just been a warm up for the race.

Seriously these are great motivation and I’ll hopefully will get back to my old power. Or I’m suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Caption for screenshot below.
Hey, where did everybody go?

Attachments

• 2E521AE4-3961-494F-BBBE-350DE24524AE.png
    2E521AE4-3961-494F-BBBE-350DE24524AE.png
    449.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thx for starting it @BKIain, I was running late then as I'm using an old computer had to install an update after the start time. It would have been mayhem if I'd been starting it. Managed to improve my Thursday time which always makes the rerun feel worth the suffering. @Randyberlin great to have you back, if it's joined late I was going to do a Brusgaard and try and tow you round, unfortunately i got in in time.
I see now, that I shouldn’t have mentioned that the Bkool Pro was faster on this route. Maybe I should do a rerun on the Pro too? :tongue:

keithaitch

Veteran
I see now, that I shouldn’t have mentioned that the Bkool Pro was faster on this route. Maybe I should do a rerun on the Pro too? :tongue:
I'm constrained by location and not wanting to lug the kickr core between Barcelona and France, so pro in France and kickr in Barc.
Having got used to the kickr the pro felt very wobbly, unstable and noisy.
I'm here, in France, for the next three weeks so pro for me for the rest of the league.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
@Goldwolfie I caught up a little on you this afternoon.. at one point with about 2 mile to go, I had 45 seconds on you but you were strong in the last mile or two. I may have another go at CG S2 see if I can improve again before we hit the hills.. 🥴
Could be an interesting battle in the 'Second Division' this year. I see it will be back to normality next week, as we are scheduled to do a bit of climbing.

Could be an interesting battle in the 'Second Division' this year. I see it will be back to normality next week, as we are scheduled to do a bit of climbing.
If it works the way I plan, my 11 minute gain from the late June run yesterday should translate to a solid last place. So far...
@Boredman you had to rub A little salt in the wound by sending another EOS on my backyard ride?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200913-062253.png
    Screenshot_20200913-062253.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
If it works the way I plan, my 11 minute gain from the late June run yesterday should translate to a solid last place. So far...
@Boredman you had to rub A little salt in the wound by sending another EOS on my backyard ride?!

I had one of your fastest times until half mile when you sailed past.. local knowledge...

I did knock but no one answered.. ✊✊

keithaitch

Veteran
Happy to see 20 people have taken part in the league so far this month. Annoyed (as ever?) with bkool that there is no easy way to get the 10 we don't know more integrated into the group. I might have to have another go at stage 1 as we can't have somebody we don't know leading our league. Perhaps I'll leave it until after the climbing stage or until after @AAAC 76C gets his engine warmed up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom