Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BKIain

Well done @Add! I had a crap start again. Just couldn't hold the watts needed to stick at the start - by the time I'd re-opened my eyes, Ad's camouflage skinsuit was a dot in the distance. It's probably me as flat/downhill starts aren't great but I am beginning to wonder if the Drivo firmware update is a factor. Anyway there was no point in bursting myself trying to catch you all so just decided to put in an effort once it started to go up.
That was good pacing, I was blown on that last climb and I couldn't stick with you for the final 2 minutes. Enjoyed all the positional changes though.

shimceltic

Veteran
Cheers. I’m all about the climbing...kind of by circumstance more than anything. I live in mid Wales and it’s a 10% incline whichever way you turn out of my drive. I struggled at the beginning to keep with the pack, I find flat and gentle inclines really tough. If I lose the draught I’m screwed.
When I move house it's 11% either way.... 🤪

AndyMacca

Good news, bad news. No bike soon :sad:
"My apologies. I thought the bike was older than it actually is. Just looking into your account further I can see that your warranty will expire Oct 2021.
Could you please complete and return the attached covid service questionnaire and I will arrange for your bike to be collected and returned back to our HQ for assessment on our calibration rig?"

I guess they thought it was older due to the usage :laugh:
Sh!t, now I need to go outside to ride.🤦‍♂️

AndyMacca

Don't think so, I'm just a bit shocked at how quickly it moved today, 1st email took 20days to be returned and today we've exchanged several times. That last one came in during the race, at least it's on the way to getting resolved.

keithaitch

Veteran
Don't think so, I'm just a bit shocked at how quickly it moved today, 1st email took 20days to be returned and today we've exchanged several times. That last one came in during the race, at least it's on the way to getting resolved.
Have they given you any idea of how long they will have it for, a week, a month?

AndyMacca

Have they given you any idea of how long they will have it for, a week, a month?
Not yet, originally he was going to send an engineer to fix on site but his last mail says they will take it away, not sure why it's changed. My preference is of course they will come to me and fix same day. It would be a great piece of kit if it was accurate, I used to complain how laggy it was but after using pedals as a power source it's positively instant in comparison, can't wait to ditch the pedals.

Wentworth

Rain turned to Snow here, so no outside ride to test my new fenders. Ill see you guys, very briefly, on the starting line.
Edit: After an upgrade on the email at work, it tells me all the places I should have put commas. I missed a million. Now,comma, I'm putting them everywhere.
You’ll see me for more than a minute Randy!
Who’s kicking it off?

Top Bottom