Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Let's hope they sort the issue for next month. What's the talk in the Danish group?
They use their own homemade system, parsing the results from each stage.

However, more and more people are talking about abandoning BKOOL due to the instabilty of the platform. Can’t really argue with that, given my 7 year history/experience with BKOOL… Most of them only stick around because of the Danish league, but are loosing faith in BKOOL fixing the continuous problems…

shimceltic

Veteran

However, more and more people are talking about abandoning BKOOL due to the instabilty of the platform. Can’t really argue with that, given my 7 year history/experience with BKOOL… Most of them only stick around because of the Danish league, but are loosing faith in BKOOL fixing the continuous problems…
It's a weird situation as the platform is evolving but tech support doesn't work

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It's a weird situation as the platform is evolving but tech support doesn't work
I don’t see much changed on the platform? Sure, some changes to the layout and stuff, but nothing real earthshattering like better video, up to date and non-frustrating website, support for Apple TV and other stuff that many people expect in 2022.

shimceltic

Veteran
I don’t see much changed on the platform? Sure, some changes to the layout and stuff, but nothing real earthshattering like better video, up to date and non-frustrating website, support for Apple TV and other stuff that many people expect in 2022.
You've been around longer than me but they seem to be trying to evolve, very slowly obviously

Brusgaard

Über Guru
You've been around longer than me but they seem to be trying to evolve, very slowly obviously
It has been 7 years of promises, but never really delivering on most. Just look at the Discord answers to most user requests. It is usually “we hope to support/fix it soon”, but in reality it never happens… :sad:

I must admit, if I didn’t have the cheap subscription, I would probably cancel it entirely. Not that I need the money, but paying full price for a half-baked product is not how I play…

microkid

Hmm, I don't seem to have any problems whatever with Bkool. The simulator works just fine. What problems are you referring to, for my information? Just curious.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Hmm, I don't seem to have any problems whatever with Bkool. The simulator works just fine. What problems are you referring to, for my information? Just curious.
I don't have that many problems, but also have a pretty beefy computer and everything cabled. But in the Danish league with 200+ in each session, there is almost every week problems for some, who can't join, BKOOL crashes, drop outs etc. and restarts of races because of other problems. Granted, people use all sorts of devices/ potatoes, which are maybe not up to the job. But if BKOOL lists them as "compatible" in their system requirements, they shouldn't crash or cause other glitches. The performance should be slower yes, but that would be expected on a potato. We still experience problems too even in our small races with less than 10 riders, where we have to start a new session etc.

The web site however has been frustratingly poor for many years, with simple functions missing and some pretty poor coding, especially in the search functions. Maybe fine in 2013/2014 when it's current form was conceived, but dated in most respects here in 2022.

They do seem to manage a step back with every step forward. The loss of starting a session before the 10 minute warm up on the latest. However I still am a big fan. Lots of different routes and great videos. like ( @Aleman )

microkid

New Beta 5.90

New information panel during cool down​

Thanks to the new information panel during your cool down, you'll see the summary of your session on screen in a clearer, more detailed way. We've added new data points such as IF or TSS in virtual routes so you have all the information you need at your fingertips. From this same panel, you can also rate the session, save the session or just go directly back to the main menu.

We've improved the training experience​

We fixed bugs in ERG mode when using these devices, and improved communication with the simulator. If you train on BKOOL using a zBIKE, Bodytone SMB1 or Stages SB20 bike, please write to us at betatesters@bkool.com and tell us about your experience.

microkid

I'd rather see they work on the main simulator. I find the 3 buttons on the ride ( to switch between 2D, 3D and video) annoying. I'd like to have in-game messaging/chat to other riders or the whole group. The slope graph sucks. Etc...

Last edited:
Top Bottom