Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shanks

For those who are waiting to get theirs, and for some who are already riding a Bkool. One of the best sites I have found was a review on DC Rainmakers site - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/12/bkool-wireless-ant-trainer-in-depth-review.html lots of information on setup and how the web site works etc.

As for the wheel slipping when you stand, this is always going to be a problem on these machines. Unlike other static turbos the rear wheel is not locked down on the unit and relies on your bodyweight to force contact, take that away and some slipping is going to occur. I have tried with dedicated trainer tyre and found it no better than a standard road tyre for this. Mind you my body weight fairly crushes the rear wheel into place and I don't stand up so it's not a great problem for me :laugh:

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
For those who are waiting to get theirs, and for some who are already riding a Bkool. One of the best sites I have found was a review on DC Rainmakers site - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/12/bkool-wireless-ant-trainer-in-depth-review.html lots of information on setup and how the web site works etc.

As for the wheel slipping when you stand, this is always going to be a problem on these machines. Unlike other static turbos the rear wheel is not locked down on the unit and relies on your bodyweight to force contact, take that away and some slipping is going to occur. I have tried with dedicated trainer tyre and found it no better than a standard road tyre for this. Mind you my body weight fairly crushes the rear wheel into place and I don't stand up so it's not a great problem for me :laugh:

That is quite a good review in my opinion.

For the money the BKool is supherb, does what i wanted it to do and better.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Just rode this session (no,3) of the team sessions above

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary?sessionSummaryId=486066

I was playing catch the bots all along as I gave them a head start due to my choking on a fruit pastil on the start line

Total28.4mi01:31:5501:29:10
Main28.4mi01:31:5501:29:10​
Min.Max.ClimbDescent
Slope
-11.11%6.73%310m.450m.​
LegendIn totalIn motionWhile climbingNormalizedMax.Type
Cadence (rpm)​
879083-117​
Calories (Kcal.)​
11201120665-2051​
Power (watt)​
186.3192196.9201.3522.3​
Speed (mph)​
18.719.213.7-62.1​

Breedon

Legendary Member
I'll have the dining room back on Saturday so I can set up the trainer again, and give that session a dam good thrashing^_^

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I'll have the dining room back on Saturday so I can set up the trainer again, and give that session a dam good thrashing^_^
You have a dining room? :ohmy:
You use the dining room for turbo sessions? :ohmy:

[shuffles off, muttering "Used to dream of having a dining room. Would have been a palace to us"]

Breedon

Legendary Member
You have a dining room? :ohmy:
You use the dining room for turbo sessions? :ohmy:

[shuffles off, muttering "Used to dream of having a dining room. Would have been a palace to us"]
Yup I can leave every thing set up, so if I want to do a quick blast all I have to do is switch it on.
We had puppies so they had there pen in there and the last one goes friday night happy days.

Top Bottom