Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Tacx dropped Mac os so I can't use it on the Mac mini I bought to get the 8 gigs of ram for the Bkool upgrade. But it is on some Bigring VR rides.
I may not compete with you on many things but I'm pretty sure I am able to say about your Strava ride today DNT (Dude that's nothing)
You...

Wet and windy British summer​

Me...

But you probably have a boat!

The tacx app has a good one that does ice, wood, cobbles, brick and gravel...

I did one Tacx canal ride and whoever filmed it aimed for every pothole.

But you probably have a boat!

I do but with my knee I haven't been able to walk down the dock to get in it. Today is the second day of oral steroids and it seems to be helping a lot. I have a nerve ablation scheduled for the 17th to hold me over until the replacement in October. They can't do it for 3 months from the steroid injection I had.

I do but with my knee I haven't been able to walk down the dock to get in it. Today is the second day of oral steroids and it seems to be helping a lot. I have a nerve ablation scheduled for the 17th to hold me over until the replacement in October. They can't do it for 3 months from the steroid injection I had.

Thanks for the sad emoji but seriously it is something that will be fixed. And if it's the worst problem I have I really can't complain. Well I do but everyone is sick of me talking about my knee at work...
The weird thing is I don't know what I did to injure it this time. I was putting in a circuit for our kitchen remodel and it must have been just kneeling on it. It has been bad since a football injury in 1974 but the surgery then and an ACL repair l in 1985 have gotten me 45 years so I've been lucky.

My knee was clicking on the turbo the other day due to lack of recent use. Does anyone take anything for joints?

I think I already posted this before but in bicycle magazine an article re commended Zebra CBD ointment. I bought some from Amazon and thought it worked great. I told everyone at work. Then I was looking for a cheaper version and read the reviews on Amazon the the stuff they sell doesn't have any CBD in it.. It was all placebo effect..

BILL S

Guru
The big thing for me is how realistic the resistance is on uphills. If I had it before the double devil I would have known I wasn’t ready for it. You wouldn’t have had to cut short your ride and tow me back.
On the BKOOL turbo I thought I could handle 12%. Man was I wrong..
and on the Neo 2T it has road feel. Kind of cool once in a while but I turned it off on some rides where it actually got to be a pain. Literally

Come on Randy.. I like your version of events:blush: but the reality was I was in most the same unfit state you were and I was very glad of the company to get back.

shimceltic

Veteran
I think I already posted this before but in bicycle magazine an article re commended Zebra CBD ointment. I bought some from Amazon and thought it worked great. I told everyone at work. Then I was looking for a cheaper version and read the reviews on Amazon the the stuff they sell doesn't have any CBD in it.. It was all placebo effect..

I've got glucosamine and turmeric supplements but I always forget to take them till my knees creak.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
How are you feeling? You're riding so I'm guessing you're over that Bulgarian Bug you picked up

Yes, I’m okay again. And the weight is now below 90 again partly thanks to that illness. :okay:

Been at football tournament the last 3 days, so not much time for riding - only home last night. Rain, thunder and lightning during the son’s last match today (games was halted for about 10 min. due to the lightning), so I didn’t feel like riding home on wet roads. :smile:

His team won the quarterfinal after penalty shootout, so they will play for either bronze or gold tomorrow! :gun: The semifinal will start a 9 AM tomorrow, so it is early up for a Sunday morning. :eek:

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
Yes, I’m okay again. And the weight is now below 90 again partly thanks to that illness. :okay:

Been at football tournament the last 3 days, so not much time for riding - only home last night. Rain, thunder and lightning during the son’s last match today (games was halted for about 10 min. due to the lightning), so I didn’t feel like riding home on wet roads. :smile:

His team won the quarterfinal after penalty shootout, so they will play for either bronze or gold tomorrow! :gun: The semifinal will start a 9 AM tomorrow, so it is early up for a Sunday morning. :eek:

No sitting up watching tomorrowland for you. Good luck to the son and his team.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
How did your son’s team
do?

Terrible. 🤣 They scored the first goal after about 2 minutes in the semi, only to have the other team score 4 in the next 20 minutes or so and then no more goals for the last 35 minutes. Then in the bronze match they were down 0-4, pulled back to 3-4 within 10 minutes, only to have the other team score 2 more after that… So after blazing trough the first 5 matches with 5 wins and an 18-0 score, they are back on earth. :smile: Didn’t really have any subs for the last match either, as more players were done and/or injured. 8 matches in 4 days is probably a bit too much - even though they are only 2x25 minutes each at these cup matches.

My son is only 14, but as they have no U16 team for their “elite” section (or whatever they call it these days), he plays with the U17 team, and most of them are just that 5-10% faster and physically developed. He is still a bit too skinny (like his father 😄) and need to put on some muscle weight (father ditto 😄) !!

Terrible. 🤣 They scored the first goal after about 2 minutes in the semi, only to have the other team score 4 in the next 20 minutes or so and then no more goals for the last 35 minutes. Then in the bronze match they were down 0-4, pulled back to 3-4 within 10 minutes, only to have the other team score 2 more after that… So after blazing trough the first 5 matches with 5 wins and an 18-0 score, they are back on earth. :smile: Didn’t really have any subs for the last match either, as more players were done and/or injured. 8 matches in 4 days is probably a bit too much - even though they are only 2x25 minutes each at these cup matches.

My son is only 14, but as they have no U16 team for their “elite” section (or whatever they call it these days), he plays with the U17 team, and most of them are just that 5-10% faster and physically developed. He is still a bit too skinny (like his father 😄) and need to put on some muscle weight (father ditto 😄) !!

What an incredible experience. It is something to even play in the semi finals. And young enough he has a lot of playing in front of him.

Bkool, man Bkool.
Hope you guys are staying cool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-073218.png
    Screenshot_20220809-073218.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom