Tech advancements in cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
For me it's a GPS headunit . Allows to to ride anywhere with preloaded routes no get lost without the hassle of getting the correct maps for each area and carrying them on the ride .

OP
OP
david.rolls

david.rolls

Regular
If talking the whole history of cycling, and a fairly wide definition of "technology", then I have to agree with FishFright.

The Safety bicycle gave us the basic shape which is still in use for the majority of bikes today. But do you actually class that as a "technological advanceme
If talking the whole history of cycling, and a fairly wide definition of "technology", then I have to agree with FishFright.

The Safety bicycle gave us the basic shape which is still in use for the majority of bikes today. But do you actually class that as a "technological advancement"?

perhaps in the last 50 years then 😅

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For me it's a GPS headunit . Allows to to ride anywhere with preloaded routes no get lost without the hassle of getting the correct maps for each area and carrying them on the ride .
I agree. I rode a 200 km audax in 2006 and took a huge detour in the Yorkshire Dales when my badly calibrated bike computer led me to take a wrong turn on unmarked roads.

I bought a Garmin Etrex after that and rarely had that problem again.

Air-filled tyres.
Such a pity that people negate their advantages by over-inflating them! I did it myself yesterday and had to stop to let some air out mid-ride.

Disc brakes are not strictly necessary but are fantastic on steep mucky descents on which rim brakes eat rims in the wet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom